[Occultist] Everything viable caustic arrow occultist[10k ES][Fast mapping][Bosses][Uber Lab]

"
MrBubuX wrote:
Just wanted to say thank you for writing this guide. CA is very chill and satisfying for mapping. I learned some things with your guide.

What do you think about using Phase Run since it's insta cast now?

Thanks. and phase run is pretty good but you can't keep up frenzys if you use it so it's a trade off.
Hello,
First of all i'd like to thank you for the inspiration for CA OCC build. Currently I'm playing similar CA Occultist build with +3 bow and +4 empower gem.
My gem setup is pretty much the same but i saw on you'r char profile that you are using Ranged Attack totem with barrage, GMP and Withering Touch Support. Could you explain what it is for? CA is a little bit clunky for end game fights for sure so this is the reason i guess.
MSG me in-game: sivecky

My GMT: +1 Central Europe (Poland)
"
sivecky wrote:
Hello,
First of all i'd like to thank you for the inspiration for CA OCC build. Currently I'm playing similar CA Occultist build with +3 bow and +4 empower gem.
My gem setup is pretty much the same but i saw on you'r char profile that you are using Ranged Attack totem with barrage, GMP and Withering Touch Support. Could you explain what it is for? CA is a little bit clunky for end game fights for sure so this is the reason i guess.

I'm basically just trying out other things. this applies stacks of wither which gives increased chaos damage taken? it doesn't really seem to make much of a difference though so don't bother imo. also if you're not using quill rain it'll be harder to get stacks up any way.
Last edited by Brinstar4 on Oct 11, 2018, 8:16:19 PM
Hi there I was looking for a Soul Strike Occultist build and found this guide. I was originally playing a blight build once I started using the Quiver was easy enough to switch to Caustic Arrow.

The build feels super smooth to play - reminds me a lot of old essence drain character I used to have.

However I am starting to run into issue pushing past t14 maps. I am using a +3 Bow but in T15 maps my single target damage feels really lackluster I can finish the maps but boss kills are really slow I don't want to try to run t16 guardians as a result.

Any tips on what I can improve? My gear is fairly high end - I think. I am currently Lvl 88. Most of my gems are still leveling so is it just a question of running lower tier maps until everything is lvl 20?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Slappy_Cheese/characters?characterName=Hera_Decay is my character.

One thing I have found is -9% to nearby enemies chaos res - comes from Aberrant fossil craft. This is basically half the void beacon ascendancy - strong.

Update/Edit: I am level 91 now I tried both Hydra and Minotaur I was unable to do either. It may have been because of the map mods I'd rolled.

Hydra in particular kept one hitting me with his ricocheting projectile (the one that bounces around the arena). Quite frustrating because a lot of time I'd be concentrating on dodging the balls that do cold dmg and would not react in time to avoid the proj attack.

I think the map I rolled had a couple of dmg mods so that probably caused me to struggle. However I was not expecting him to chunk through my 9K of ES so fast. His projectiles were instant killing me every time from full ES. Maybe this is my own fault for not running Immortal call if I had IC could probably take a hit and then my ES would recharge super fast as per usual.

Minotaur was my own fault I ran a corrupted map with Temp chains. Normally Temp chains is not problem since I can perma keep my warding flask up. However in this fight my damage was not good enough and inevitably my warding flask would run out and due to temp chains slow I'd get clipped by his popup burrow attack - which would instant kill me.

I think if my damage was better I could have probably killed minotaur it was pretty near when I died on last portal. Since that fight I now have a level 21 CA gem.

The build feels really nice for running maps everything lower than t16 is basically a cakewalk. the only maps I reroll are cannot regen maps and even those are doable but I am lazy and don't want to swap to mana flask to run them.

I am delving sideways at around 320 depth. Mostly it is good but sometimes I die from full ES to things like screeching bats it is very frustrating (Again immortal call would probably prevent this). Also annoying is all the ground effects that freeze you. I might try to rejig my gear to use Dream Fragments.
Last edited by Slappy_Cheese on Oct 19, 2018, 9:31:54 AM
anybody thought bout trying this low life, with 3 curses & arctic armor discipline on ur life pool??
"FMR it's another day in paradise" IGN NEEDBLOOD
"
coonass wrote:
anybody thought bout trying this low life, with 3 curses & arctic armor discipline on ur life pool??
Don't think you would gain much at all for doing that but you would start taking chaos damage and lose lots of es
Hi,

very nice build, just trying it out on HC. But im not sure about one thing. Why are you taking 6% max ES near Foresight, when you can take Melding nodes which is 3x5 + 10 = 25 and if you take 4x6 its 24. One precent may seems like not a lot, but if you put Energy from Within below Melding, its actualy 16% max ES difference, which is a lot. And taking es+life is really nice for leveling, so you have bigger hp/es pool, especialy on HC :)

Thanks for build anyway, having a fun palying it!
Last edited by Eliah_cze on Nov 6, 2018, 11:18:40 AM
"
Eliah_cze wrote:
Hi,

very nice build, just trying it out on HC. But im not sure about one thing. Why are you taking 6% max ES near Foresight, when you can take Melding nodes which is 3x5 + 10 = 25 and if you take 4x6 its 24. One precent may seems like not a lot, but if you put Energy from Within below Melding, its actualy 16% max ES difference, which is a lot. And taking es+life is really nice for leveling, so you have bigger hp/es pool, especialy on HC :)

Thanks for build anyway, having a fun palying it!

I mean you could do that but it's only 1% difference. my tree doesn't even take those 6% nodes right now any way
Hey man, nice guide! I was about to try make similar but Toxic rain as swap for single target, is it possible to make work here on std when i can get rly good items? Thanks for your time!
"
DisturbedDuck wrote:
Hey man, nice guide! I was about to try make similar but Toxic rain as swap for single target, is it possible to make work here on std when i can get rly good items? Thanks for your time!
yea it'd be even better on standard since you can get much better es gear

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info