[Occultist] Everything viable caustic arrow occultist[10k ES][Fast mapping][Bosses][Uber Lab]

Thanks for the explanation and the quick reply!

Would you say that CA is the best skill to use with a +3 bow, or is there some other fancy alternative?
"
Bizze79 wrote:
Thanks for the explanation and the quick reply!

Would you say that CA is the best skill to use with a +3 bow, or is there some other fancy alternative?
Not sure exactly what you're asking. If using a +3 bow ca would be better than toxic rain i think. there's not really any other skills you could use in place of those two
Yeah, sorry - getting into all this +3 stuff that's fairly new to me despite being a veteran in this game. I was wondering if the new skills Toxic Rain and Scourge arrow would be better or similar options, but as far as I can tell CA is the skill that benefits most from +3 to gems.

Thanks for your replies. I've bought most of the gear and will start leveling tonight. =)
Why not Mirage Archer in your gems links?

I'm currently lvl 45ish but with mostly crap gear except from my 5L Quill rain - but damage and survivability during my latest levels have been pretty low in comparison to other builds I've played - though I know that some can be attributed to going HP/ES hybrid and using mostly crap gear. =)

I had to give up on Cruel Izaro because my attacks were only tickling him. I'm using Toxic Rain at the moment since it seems it benefits most from Quill Rain.

(And the bow I'm crafting to be +3 is not yet there and I wonder if it ever will...)

Hey so I've been enjoying this build so far. Its definitely very tanky, already have 10k es at lvl 75. But the damage seems a bit hard to scale? Do u have any suggestions to scale damage a bit more for endgame without having to use toxic rain
"
Bizze79 wrote:
Why not Mirage Archer in your gems links?

I'm currently lvl 45ish but with mostly crap gear except from my 5L Quill rain - but damage and survivability during my latest levels have been pretty low in comparison to other builds I've played - though I know that some can be attributed to going HP/ES hybrid and using mostly crap gear. =)

I had to give up on Cruel Izaro because my attacks were only tickling him. I'm using Toxic Rain at the moment since it seems it benefits most from Quill Rain.

(And the bow I'm crafting to be +3 is not yet there and I wonder if it ever will...)

I tried mirage archer and it just didn't feel very good imo. Guessing it has something to do with how caustic arrow is ground targeted meaning unlike other bow skills, it stops where your cursor is. guessing mirage archer targets on enemies when you should be hitting behind them to pierce.

If you like using it when mapping go for it, i just didn't feel the need.

Any es build will feel squishy until you get lvl 69, then you can equip your full gear and do lab for the es ascendancies. then you'll go god mode
"
Hey so I've been enjoying this build so far. Its definitely very tanky, already have 10k es at lvl 75. But the damage seems a bit hard to scale? Do u have any suggestions to scale damage a bit more for endgame without having to use toxic rain

Basically just a 21 caustic arrow in a +3 bow with +4 empower using conc effect. You can get even better bows with +dex/str gems or socketed gems do 20% more damage. If damage is a problem your bow is what you want to improve. It's not a crazy good boss dmg build either way.
The link to the build you posted for toxic rain is not working.
"
mexylolz wrote:
The link to the build you posted for toxic rain is not working.

you mean the tree? sorry it's fixed now
Just wanted to say thank you for writing this guide. CA is very chill and satisfying for mapping. I learned some things with your guide.

What do you think about using Phase Run since it's insta cast now?
Last edited by MrBubuX on Oct 6, 2018, 2:07:01 AM
This build is just amazing for delves!! It can survive in the darkness for really long thanks to vile bastion, 7s vaal discipline and perma phase run (+50% movement speed and phasing). Can easily get 120+ movement speed with flasks. I've been running entire delves using just flares and a combination of these mechanics.

One problem I had though was getting frozen/chilled constantly in higher delves, so had to use a dream fragments at the cost of losing ~500 es.
Last edited by stalkingjackal on Oct 6, 2018, 5:00:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info