(3.5) [Survived] The Intoxicated Pathfinder | Poison BV 2M+ Shaper DPS | Labrunner and Bosskiller |

"
Sorytis16 wrote:
"
Skywebz wrote:
I'd love to play this build in 3.5, is that a good league starter? (for me, means I won't need 6L or 6ex item at level 50 :p)

It's definitely a good league starter. You can run the build with 2x Obliteration and a random 5L. I guess I will level with Toxic Rain for QoL but the trees are very close so that's great. You have few unique to buy really to make this build working and running the lab pretty quickly. The only big requierement I'd say it's to have 6k EhP to run Ulab without any troubles.

Do you have a starter tree for the toxin rain build somewhere? I also want to do a race lab build/starter next league! :)
"
Diocruel wrote:
Do you have a starter tree for the toxin rain build somewhere? I also want to do a race lab build/starter next league! :)

I do not have any starter tree for it but I'd say just follow a Toxic Rain Build leveling guide and respec later for BV poison. And try to get a Quil rain as a bow to start building your atlas it should be pretty cheap.

I will aim for 4k Life and 2K Mana to run and carry Ulab and make currency
"
Sorytis16 wrote:

I do not have any starter tree for it but I'd say just follow a Toxic Rain Build leveling guide and respec later for BV poison. And try to get a Quil rain as a bow to start building your atlas it should be pretty cheap.

Sounds good. I'll look around!
"
Sorytis16 wrote:
"
Diocruel wrote:

The method to figure out the correct life to mana ratio is simple:

MaximumLife * 0.4285 = The amount of unreserved mana you need.

"
Sorytis16 wrote:
"
Skywebz wrote:
I'd love to play this build in 3.5, is that a good league starter? (for me, means I won't need 6L or 6ex item at level 50 :p)

It's definitely a good league starter. You can run the build with 2x Obliteration and a random 5L. I guess I will level with Toxic Rain for QoL but the trees are very close so that's great. You have few unique to buy really to make this build working and running the lab pretty quickly. The only big requierement I'd say it's to have 6k EhP to run Ulab without any troubles.

I reroll my Windripper build in Delve into this one and the dps is amazing. I realy think I can push Shapper pretty easy and maybe Uelder but i've never done it before

Thanks for stepping in where i was unable to due to IRL health issues.

You are correct, it's an amazing league starter, and the tree is basically the same.

What i did is lvl with toxic rain go for the Shadow dmg area first and Fatal Toxins + Toxic Strikes.
You don't really need a specific toxic rain tree for lvling with Toxic Rain
(lets wait and see with the 3.5 patch notes though)

"
Nickolai20599 wrote:
I like the idea of this build a lot, especially since it leans very closely to another build I'm considering playing, and a quick revamp of the skill tree would be easy. Would love to see this guide get more fleshed out pre 3.5 :)

I am working on it :D i will be making changes soon.

"
Sorytis16 wrote:
Hey!

Just a little feedback from my standard char I did today. This build is really amazing and my plan is to use as Lab farmer next league. I did couple runs with obliteration and everything went smoothly. The staff is also amazing and will be a nice upgrade.

I'd say my mana is low and hard so sustain without the Impresence but we can use a Witchfire and that does the job!

Looking forward for this build to start next league I love it!

My gears:

Spoiler

I am very glad that the build has turned out great for you!

You're exactly right, Witchfire brew is a perfect substitute if you do not own an Impresence.

I do however, feel that Impresence isn't needed at all. If you can find yourself a pair of Blasphemer's Grasp with a Despair CoH corruption, i'd heavily advice you to find a rare amulet.

I had this drop from uber elder aswell.

Amulet slot is pretty much decided for in 3.5 though, the new shaper amulet with a free blasphemy temporal chains can be extremely rewarding for this build (paired with Despair on gloves or via Witchfire brew first ofc)
This needs a little rework of the talent tree, which i will get to eventually.

How do Traps feel like with this build?
"
muzisama1 wrote:
How do Traps feel like with this build?

Do you refer to the traps inside the labyrinth or if there is a trap version of this build?

If it's not the latter, then you don't feel them.

However, with the recent changes to Queen of The Forest, i'd suggest using Grace instead of Haste in the essence worm, seeing as we now need up to 60k evasion.

I do have to run the numbers though, seeing as getting to 60k evasion could take more node-investment to get up to 75% extra movement speed, which is after the -25% penalty already, to see if it's more effecient just taking raw movement speed nodes.
The nerf on Quill Rain is kind of annoying to level up this build tho. Do you have an idea to make it smooth sooner?

Also Qotf nerf was really too much but still playable obviously.

Definitely going to be my starter if I can manager the BV soon-ish as I planed
"
Sorytis16 wrote:
The nerf on Quill Rain is kind of annoying to level up this build tho. Do you have an idea to make it smooth sooner?

Also Qotf nerf was really too much but still playable obviously.

Definitely going to be my starter if I can manager the BV soon-ish as I planed

Tbh, just get a tempest or some other bow with the highest attack speed you can find. I believe the math was that a new Quill Rain will be the equivalent of a 1.8 APS bow.

Or just still level with a quill rain. I used a rare bow for the first 30 or 40 levels or so.

You can level as blade vortex though its fine. just make the switch to BV when you can use Obliteration wands.

It's my league starter as well, but i will admit that i don't plan on going the same route this time around. I've been brewing a build for the past week and while similar to this (basically the same gear), it should be much better.

That said, this build still survived and is perfectly fine.

Keep an ear / eye out, i will be making a build guide for the other build aswell.

Ps. you can make this build and dont have to worry about re-investing into an entirely new set of items, should you chose to make the other one.
"
Yunojelly wrote:

Will the other build also be a fast lab build? I'm mainly planning to play this build for the fast labbing, as I've only done slow jugger/slayer builds for lab so far.
Last edited by Diocruel on Dec 6, 2018, 8:03:29 AM
"
Diocruel wrote:
"
Yunojelly wrote:

Will the other build also be a fast lab build? I'm mainly planning to play this build for the fast labbing, as I've only done slow jugger/slayer builds for lab so far.

No, unfortunately not. It's a dedicated bosskiller and mapper. Planning to setup atlas as quick as possible and get to uber elder.

it's still 200%+ movement speed though and can with a few tweaks still get close to 300% i think. but seeing as im not sharing it any time soon, it's safe to roll with this pathfinder =). go for it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info