[3.17] Hybrid's Molten Strike Jugg - Hold right click to TANK anything |MELT the Atlas|Divine Flesh|

"
deadman29 wrote:
Since everything is so expensive..I'm using a tabulas (have thiefs torment)... what 6 link do you suggest? For some reason when I put my char in POB and swap the helm setup you have with mine.. the dps shoots up insanely... am I missing something?

You're probably missing a few things:

1. % Increased Fire Damage from Kaom's
2. Socketed gems deal 30% more elemental damage on helm
3. Helm enchant (extra MS projectiles OR elemental hits deal 40% increased damage)
It seems the new banners work aswell with this build. We have enough mana to use one so we can use one of the two banners, which we should imo.
Last edited by phexifa on Dec 10, 2018, 11:27:23 AM
does iron grip eliminate the elemental damage or just add physical?
"
phexifa wrote:

Since grelwood shank will probably drop in price, do you think buying kaom's heart is a good decision? it's currently at 90c and I want to upgrade something so i'm stronger and make even more currency. At the moment I have around 80chaos.

I'm already getting a decent but cheap rare 2hand sword and thiefs torment.

Buy kaoms only if you have a 5\6L elder helmet.
for weapon, focus on fast attacking weapon to make a use out of the M\L GOH mechanics.

"
deadman29 wrote:
Since everything is so expensive..I'm using a tabulas (have thiefs torment)... what 6 link do you suggest? For some reason when I put my char in POB and swap the helm setup you have with mine.. the dps shoots up insanely... am I missing something?

I dont understand the question, the 6L in this build is the helmet.
you can start with a 5L one if you cant find\afford a 6L.

dont take my helmet as an example because it has the 30% more ele damage essence mode, which is like a 7L.

"
MaSterX_BG wrote:
Hey

Playing the build in HC and having a blast. Damage is there, toughness is there and it is fun build overall. Had few sketchy moments with near one-shots but life per hit gain covers you up.

I wasn't sure if I'm supposed to go to Avatar of Fire as it will take time to get the shank but I did and it seems good.

What should I aim for next in your opinion?
Level 70, just hit maps.

Kaom? Shank? 6L helm?
Here is my gear currently.

Sure, you can go avatar of fire until you get xophs blood.

right from the guide:
"
HybridBoy wrote:
gear to acquire as a league starter in order of importance:
1. Thief's Troment - will hard carry you to endgame if you can manage the resistances and dex.
2. Grelwood Shank - massive dps boost (wont be available in the first few days though so you will have to find a fast attacking sword\claw meanwhile)
3. elder helmet - that would be your 6L (you can start with a 5L).
4. Kaom's Heart - cuz big life is easy life :)

"
Zulkinstein wrote:
Hey I was curious why I'm taking early ele dmg increase while using molten strike. How can I convert my damage to elemental. I've tried to find it on your guide and the forums. Thanks for the build, lvl 17 on HC

Molten strike is already converting 60% of your phyz to fire.
you can use whatever gems you want really.
the only "mandatory" gems for leveling IMO is ancestral call and multistrike.
you can add faster attacks.
i think i wrote this in the guide.

"
Deklnu wrote:
Intrested in questions above as well.

Can you add a gem level section? 21/20 vs 20/23 Imm call, ann protector....

dont bother with lvl 21 gems..

"
Ruination1337 wrote:
how is this build doing after the patch ? is anyone in red maps and can tell ?

greetings

check the video section, i uploaded a new video after the patch.
still tanking shaper's beam and mino no problem.

"
Acemac79 wrote:
does iron grip eliminate the elemental damage or just add physical?

it adds phyz damage to the projectile portion of the molten strike skill.
so it boosts the dps and since we are converting 100% of phyz to fire it also gets multiplied by other modes.
Last edited by HybridBoy on Dec 10, 2018, 12:25:52 PM
would Twyzel Sage Wand be a good lvl 30 starter weapon for this build?
"
Acemac79 wrote:
would Twyzel Sage Wand be a good lvl 30 starter weapon for this build?

nope.
"
phexifa wrote:
It seems the new banners work aswell with this build. We have enough mana to use one so we can use one of the two banners, which we should imo.

Atm I use Anger / Herald of Ash / Warbanner and already leveling an enlighten gem.

I tested the first t11/t12 map today.. still easy..and I use a tabu with lvl 87
are you struggling with the caravans at all? considering they move.
If I have the 6L helmet already... should I go for Kaoms Chest first or the weapon?
Last edited by deadman29 on Dec 10, 2018, 1:54:32 PM
Heyo using this build as my league starter and I bought resistance + hp accessories and replaced my thief's torment + carnage heart combo but now I literally die in T1 maps because I run out of mana and cannot leech fast enough. How do I remedy this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info