[3.17] Hybrid's Molten Strike Jugg - Hold right click to TANK anything |MELT the Atlas|Divine Flesh|

I updated the guide with my thoughts on the 3.5 patch:

There are some nerfs and buffs to the build but it would still be strong.
i dont see something that "breaks" the build really.
i think that in this league more people would gravitate towards a dual wielding shanks instead of the sword+shield setup to compensate for the reduced number of balls from the threshold jewels.

the build never had damage issues even though i never focused on dps anyway.
my "philosophy" here is that as long as you can tank the damage you can always kill the boss.

i might of made this build a tiny bit too tanky and GGG decided to nerf it ^^

but if you follow the build you could do all of the content easily, even as a league starter.
gear to acquire as a league starter in order of importance:
1. Thief's Troment - will hard carry you to endgame if you can manage the resistances and dex.
2. Grelwood Shank - massive dps boost (wont be available in the first few days though so you will have to find a fast attacking sword\claw meanwhile)
3. elder helmet - that would be your 6L (you can start with a 5L).
4. Kaom's Heart - cuz big life is easy life :)

a personal update:
i recently graduated and got a full time job so i probably wont play POE as much.

Last edited by HybridBoy on Dec 6, 2018, 2:42:59 PM
Glad to hear something from you and that you think the same about this build like me! And glad you got full time job too ;-)

Like I said before I played in delve with "only" 11 projectiles (the 2 grelwood are included) and had no problems...but now the enchantment of lab will be more important than in 3.4

They did not touch the lgoh mechanics so it will be a bit harder to level but for endgame if you have the enchantment, grelwood and 1 wildfire you should be fine...just stay longer on thiefs and everything will be good...

The new free jewel slot is now open for more life/dmg ...

ps: you have to edit your ball calculation cause of wildfire adjustment and lab enchant adjustment.
Last edited by Mekrat on Dec 6, 2018, 2:56:31 PM
"
Mekrat wrote:
Glad to hear something from you and that you think the same about this build like me! And glad you got full time job too ;-)

Like I said before I played in delve with "only" 11 projectiles (the 2 grelwood are included) and had no problems...but now the enchantment of lab will be more important than in 3.4

They did not touch the lgoh mechanics so it will be a bit harder to level but for endgame if you have the enchantment, grelwood and 1 wildfire you should be fine...just stay longer on thiefs and everything will be good...

ps: you have to edit your ball calculation cause of wildfire adjustment and lab enchant adjustment.

Reckon it'll still be better to sword and board or dual sword?

Also, @OP, the POB still remains the same or changes made?
Last edited by deadman29 on Dec 6, 2018, 2:57:47 PM
I would say shield and sword. The build focus on high life and defence and try to face tank cause of lgoh. With dual sword it would be maybe better to use two nebulochs and spec more endurance charges and switch to loreweave as a chest.

I tested on standard the last two days and for me the "nerf" is not really hard cause the gem itselfs and grelwood got a buff.
Is there any chance you could create a 'budget gear' section? Kaom's and Xoph are a bit.. out of reach
"
usafdaniel wrote:
Is there any chance you could create a 'budget gear' section? Kaom's and Xoph are a bit.. out of reach

Farm uberlab a bit and you will be able to afford them easily enough.
Just wanted to say thanks for this build, this inspired me to play Jugg and it completely changed the way I play the game, love it!!

Build playable in 3.5?? As heard nerfed in new patch...

I am lvl85, in boss fight, I cannot stand still to fight as your youtube demo... I don't know why.
I tried to use Kaom / Lore, result no big difference.... T15 elder can 1 hit KO me....

I am fine on all map until T15 elder and up....
"
golden88 wrote:

Build playable in 3.5?? As heard nerfed in new patch...

I am lvl85, in boss fight, I cannot stand still to fight as your youtube demo... I don't know why.
I tried to use Kaom / Lore, result no big difference.... T15 elder can 1 hit KO me....

I am fine on all map until T15 elder and up....

try using the right flasks.
Sulphur flask doesnt seems like much but 6% life regen helps alot.

"
Mekrat wrote:

ty :)
i will update whatever needed after i play a bit in the new patch.
Last edited by HybridBoy on Dec 8, 2018, 3:47:21 AM
Going to try this build as my league starter, looks fun :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info