[3.17] Hybrid's Molten Strike Jugg - Hold right click to TANK anything |MELT the Atlas|Divine Flesh|

"
ffhighwind wrote:

A) You don't have a section on why you chose this Ascendancy over others.
B) I'm rolling Nebulochs instead of Grelwood Shanks and need the regen to offset the degen.
C) Can't afford 9ex Xoph's Blood. I could but I don't want to sell off my alt. I realize Avatar of Fire is an option, but I'm not sure how "Deal no Non-Fire Damage" interacts with scaling of these weapons.
D) PoB sucks for calculating molten strike DPS, so it's probably going to come down to in-game testing to compare. Of the little testing I did it came out about twice the DPS as Juggernaut. I don't think I factored in Elemental Overload, Nebulochs, or Abyssus into the comparison, though. Might still be able to work EO in with The Effigon, Purity Herald with Blind, blind jewels, and a Stibnite flask.
D) I don't see Flammability curse in this build. I'd probably throw it on CWDT if I did follow this build, though. Alternatively there's curse-on-hit ele weakness gloves but then you lose intimidate.

Elemental resistance isn't a problem for Chieftan considering you can basically ignore fire resistance with Dying Sun. You also get plenty of resistance from Endurance charges and Wise Oak.

Jugg will be more tanky but I have no idea where you're getting Jugg has more DPS. Either way I can always respec for 40 regrets down the road.

A- Jugg just works best for that build.
like, every ascen node sits perfectly with the playstyle.
"Undeniable" gives ton of damage and attack speed, plus you dont need to worry about accuracy anymore.
"Unstoppable" is such a QOL node that i cant imagine myself playing without it.
"Unbreakable" is a strong defensive node, nothing else to say here.
"Unflinching" is an easy source of endurance charges, also keeps them up all the time.

B- So you are not really playing my build.
also grelwood shank is the best weapon here, anything else would be slower and\or weaker.

C- Avatar of fire converts other types of damage to fire, so you have 100% phyz conversion.

D- i will just say it, there is no way you are doing double the dps.
you lose so much damage when you give up on grelwood shank.
1. you lose so much attack speed, which also what makes this build feel so good.
2. you lose +2 balls, which is huge dps loss.
3. you lose Point Blank which is another massive dps loss.

its funny that you say POB sucks for dps calc but in the last page you wrote:
"
ffhighwind wrote:
EDIT: Used PoB for comparison and decided on the Chieftan variant.

at least come up with a POB link to back up your claims.

i dont use it to calc my actual dps, but i can test gear\ways to boost the damage relative to a base line.

A shaper video will be up today, you tell me if it really needs more dps.
so even if (somehow) you are doing more damage you lose the smoothness of the build when you swap grelwood shank with nebuloch.

D2 (E?)- Curses are only effective against non-boss monsters, but you dont need damage boost against those plus its not consistence.
Bosses (especially endgame like elder\shaper) have up to 80% reduced curse effect, so its basically useless on them.

i talked about ele weakness on hit corruption in the gear section.
Last edited by HybridBoy on Oct 7, 2018, 6:46:29 AM
i was chieftain at start then rerolled to juggernaut, chieftain has more dps, but survivability is pain

as for corruption on gloves, +2 lvl aoe gems is the best imho for all our buffs whatever chosen
this kills uber elder deathless, what else do you need
Last edited by Sonidox on Oct 7, 2018, 9:05:54 AM
I still cant see how chieftain will have more dps, but even if so, you lose the playstyle of the build.

about the corruption- well, i will always choose attack speed over anything else.
you might get higher overall dps with other mods, but attack speed make the build what it is :)

fully buffed with totem my ingame tooltip APS was just over 14, with 1 swrod!
would be very close to 16 with dual shanks and a dual wield tree.

i just cant give up on that shield! almost 800 life.
Not sure if it's been said but if you want to be more tanky could go for the fortify on hit corrupt on sword.
"
ReclessSafa wrote:
Not sure if it's been said but if you want to be more tanky could go for the fortify on hit corrupt on sword.

thats an option, if you are willing to give up on the attack speed corruption.
you can get fortify with your movement skill.
i just use blood magic cuz its makes life easier, especially on no regen maps.
"
HybridBoy wrote:
"
ffhighwind wrote:

A- Jugg just works best for that build.
like, every ascen node sits perfectly with the playstyle.
"Undeniable" gives ton of damage and attack speed, plus you dont need to worry about accuracy anymore.
"Unstoppable" is such a QOL node that i cant imagine myself playing without it.
"Unbreakable" is a strong defensive node, nothing else to say here.
"Unflinching" is an easy source of endurance charges, also keeps them up all the time.

B- So you are not really playing my build.
also grelwood shank is the best weapon here, anything else would be slower and\or weaker.

C- Avatar of fire converts other types of damage to fire, so you have 100% phyz conversion.

D- i will just say it, there is no way you are doing double the dps.
you lose so much damage when you give up on grelwood shank.
1. you lose so much attack speed, which also what makes this build feel so good.
2. you lose +2 balls, which is huge dps loss.
3. you lose Point Blank which is another massive dps loss.

its funny that you say POB sucks for dps calc but in the last page you wrote:
"
ffhighwind wrote:
EDIT: Used PoB for comparison and decided on the Chieftan variant.

at least come up with a POB link to back up your claims.

i dont use it to calc my actual dps, but i can test gear\ways to boost the damage relative to a base line.

A shaper video will be up today, you tell me if it really needs more dps.
so even if (somehow) you are doing more damage you lose the smoothness of the build when you swap grelwood shank with nebuloch.

D2 (E?)- Curses are only effective against non-boss monsters, but you dont need damage boost against those plus its not consistence.
Bosses (especially endgame like elder\shaper) have up to 80% reduced curse effect, so its basically useless on them.

i talked about ele weakness on hit corruption in the gear section.

I will be running 1 Grelwood for mapping... maybe 2 for lower maps. It's around 5 passives to grab Point Blank when going dual Nebuloch. The Chieftan variant was RT (non-crit), no accuracy needed. I already said it probably wasn't a 100% fair comparison for PoB considering I didn't bother optimizing both builds. I will probably end up testing the two builds if/when I make it to level 90+, but I'm not going to be using a 7L helmet.
Loot Filter -- https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1490867
Filter Parser -- https://github.com/ffhighwind/Path-of-Exile-Filter-Parser
Hey man,

Your prismatic jewel, Watchers eye.
the stat 1.22% of fire damage leeched as life.

Is that fire damage that you do or the fire damage that you take?

trying to find the right jewels and working out whether what they say is right for me.

cheers in advance.
"
monkeyman1188 wrote:
Hey man,

Your prismatic jewel, Watchers eye.
the stat 1.22% of fire damage leeched as life.

Is that fire damage that you do or the fire damage that you take?

trying to find the right jewels and working out whether what they say is right for me.

cheers in advance.

its % of fire damage you deal.
just make sure you get the mod, the actual % doesnt matter cuz you will be limited by leech cap anyway.
Hi, I started a new toon in std, and your build looked like fun. And it has been! But ... the tool tip for molten strike shows only like 2700 dps. The toon, MadameButterfliedAway, is lvl 69. Here are some pics:

Here's a screenshot of the Molten strike tooltip:

[url=https://imgbb.com/][img]https://image.ibb.co/eUOX8p/screenshot_0003.png[/url][/img]

I have two Wildfire jewels, along with a couple of rares that follow your recommendations. The passive tree itself is completely from your images, save that I didn't spend the points for Elemental Overload.

Here's a PoB code: https://pastebin.com/iELJd88z

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? (Besides needing more cold resistance ... )
Last edited by weisenheimer on Oct 7, 2018, 9:41:57 PM
"
weisenheimer wrote:

I have two Wildfire jewels, along with a couple of rares that follow your recommendations. The passive tree itself is completely from your images, save that I didn't spend the points for Elemental Overload.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

It seems pretty obvious but your weapon is awful. You probably want Avatar of Fire until you can afford the Xoph's.

Consider dropping Multistrike because it's a mana hog and locks you in place. Use Ancestral Call and swap with Fire Pen for single target.
Loot Filter -- https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1490867
Filter Parser -- https://github.com/ffhighwind/Path-of-Exile-Filter-Parser
Last edited by ffhighwind on Oct 7, 2018, 9:59:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info