[3.17] Hybrid's Molten Strike Jugg - Hold right click to TANK anything |MELT the Atlas|Divine Flesh|

"
ffhighwind wrote:
EDIT: Used PoB for comparison and decided on the Chieftan variant.

I cant really see why though, care to explain?

you lose damage and attack speed plus mitigation.

"Flame's Advance" the 70% phyz as fire might look OP, but its only for 3 sec every 10sec, its not consistence.
also its almost useless since we are using Xoph's Blood which grant us Avatar of Fire.
"Death's Fury" for the same reason, it will save you some money because you wont need to get a watcher's eye, but is that a good enough reason?
"Forest's Strength" is a really small damage boost and will only get you like ~200 more life regen than jugg.
"Sun's Light" is only 1% regen, sure the 10% phyz as fire is nice, but with jugg phyz dmg isnt a big deal like to other classes, plus jugg gets the 5% reduced damage taken, which is global.

you also lose the immunity to chill, freeze and other slowing debuffs.
in order to get that you need kaoms roots, but you will lose sockets and more importantly a source for ele res.
Right now I'm leveling this build with 2 Brightbeaks and a Thief's Torment and it is a breeze for me.

My only problem is the leech part for the late game.

According to PoB, almost all of the leech is coming from the Watcher's Eye, and those are like 2 exalts, got the Avatar of Fire node since I can't afford Xoph's Blood right now, but don't know how do I get leech without the Eye, any ideas?
"
Echador wrote:
Right now I'm leveling this build with 2 Brightbeaks and a Thief's Torment and it is a breeze for me.

My only problem is the leech part for the late game.

According to PoB, almost all of the leech is coming from the Watcher's Eye, and those are like 2 exalts, got the Avatar of Fire node since I can't afford Xoph's Blood right now, but don't know how do I get leech without the Eye, any ideas?

you need the watchers eye for leech, there isnt a real good alternative for that.
also 2ex is not expensive, and you can get it later at endgame, where it is really strong.
the leech is high only if you have a big life pool, so you can live without it until you hit ~7.5k life.
"
HybridBoy wrote:

you need the watchers eye for leech, there isnt a real good alternative for that.
also 2ex is not expensive, and you can get it later at endgame, where it is really strong.
the leech is high only if you have a big life pool, so you can live without it until you hit ~7.5k life.

Thanks for the fast reply. I know it is not too much but with my luck in drops, it would probably take me weeks to get 2 exalts since all the drop I get is trash no matter what I do. I'll try to level this to endgame and farm on my other character for some currency then :)
"
Sonidox wrote:
btw fortify on hit corruption is a huge QoL improvement for delve and bossing

Such a great sugestion. Had lucky and managed to currupt my sword with 14% chance at first try. It feels amazing in the build.
Thank you.
I enjoyed playing this build very much. It's a true allrounder.

Mapping, bosses, lab, delve and uber elder are all easily done, if you are willing to spend some exalts on the core items.

I liked it so much, that I even farmed the helmet enchant myself. Took around 115 runs, each with the twice enchanted prophecy.

I'll try reaching 36 challenges next.

Thank you very much for the build!

"
Mick wrote:
I enjoyed playing this build very much. It's a true allrounder.

Mapping, bosses, lab, delve and uber elder are all easily done, if you are willing to spend some exalts on the core items.

I liked it so much, that I even farmed the helmet enchant myself. Took around 115 runs, each with the twice enchanted prophecy.

I'll try reaching 36 challenges next.

Thank you very much for the build!

GG helmet :)
im also trying to get the enchant.
ran some labs but im lazy so i stopped after ~30 runs :P
I just started playing this league and this is the first character I reached end game with. I've been facerolling all of the content that I've faced so far.

Many thanks for the build!

All of the details you added in really helped a lot because I'm new.

So I pretty much have the exact gear that you listed, just wondering if there's a way to replace whirling blades with leap slam.
"
SKT1K wrote:
I just started playing this league and this is the first character I reached end game with. I've been facerolling all of the content that I've faced so far.

Many thanks for the build!

All of the details you added in really helped a lot because I'm new.

So I pretty much have the exact gear that you listed, just wondering if there's a way to replace whirling blades with leap slam.

Sure, you just change the socket color and put leap slam in :)

i like whirling blades better because its faster and safer.
safer because when you dash into a pack the monsters on the edge hit you first and then the rest.
with leap slam you jump right in the middle of a pack and all of them hit you in the same time, which could be dangerous.
"
Sonidox wrote:
"
ffhighwind wrote:

chieftain is pain to keep endurance charges up
forced to use kaom's roots for unstunable, also -4 sockets
dont think you can go for kaom's heart and roots all together in this build

Loreweave is fine, especially when I don't have a 7 link helmet. Also, you can use Elder weapons, Endurance Charge on Melee Stun gem, and Enduring Cry for endurance charges. You don't have to use Kaom's Roots all the time, but I agree they suck.

"
HybridBoy wrote:
"
ffhighwind wrote:

I cant really see why though, care to explain?

you lose damage and attack speed plus mitigation.

"Flame's Advance" the 70% phyz as fire might look OP, but its only for 3 sec every 10sec, its not consistence.
also its almost useless since we are using Xoph's Blood which grant us Avatar of Fire.
"Death's Fury" for the same reason, it will save you some money because you wont need to get a watcher's eye, but is that a good enough reason?
"Forest's Strength" is a really small damage boost and will only get you like ~200 more life regen than jugg.
"Sun's Light" is only 1% regen, sure the 10% phyz as fire is nice, but with jugg phyz dmg isnt a big deal like to other classes, plus jugg gets the 5% reduced damage taken, which is global.

you also lose the immunity to chill, freeze and other slowing debuffs.
in order to get that you need kaoms roots, but you will lose sockets and more importantly a source for ele res.

A) You don't have a section on why you chose this Ascendancy over others.
B) I'm rolling Nebulochs instead of Grelwood Shanks and need the regen to offset the degen.
C) Can't afford 9ex Xoph's Blood. I could but I don't want to sell off my alt. I realize Avatar of Fire is an option, but I'm not sure how "Deal no Non-Fire Damage" interacts with scaling of these weapons.
D) PoB sucks for calculating molten strike DPS, so it's probably going to come down to in-game testing to compare. Of the little testing I did it came out about twice the DPS as Juggernaut. I don't think I factored in Elemental Overload, Nebulochs, or Abyssus into the comparison, though. Might still be able to work EO in with The Effigon, Purity Herald with Blind, blind jewels, and a Stibnite flask.
D) I don't see Flammability curse in this build. I'd probably throw it on CWDT if I did follow this build, though. Alternatively there's curse-on-hit ele weakness gloves but then you lose intimidate.

Elemental resistance isn't a problem for Chieftan considering you can basically ignore fire resistance with Dying Sun. You also get plenty of resistance from Endurance charges and Wise Oak.

Jugg will be more tanky but I have no idea where you're getting Jugg has more DPS. Either way I can always respec for 40 regrets down the road.
Loot Filter -- https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1490867
Filter Parser -- https://github.com/ffhighwind/Path-of-Exile-Filter-Parser
Last edited by ffhighwind on Oct 7, 2018, 2:36:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info