[3.17] Hybrid's Molten Strike Jugg - Hold right click to TANK anything |MELT the Atlas|Divine Flesh|

"
BigFlo0 wrote:
Hello HybridBoy,
First of all : thanks a lot for your build, it is awesome, I had pleasure to play it.

Sorry if this is answered in some of the 100 pages of reply (you're too famous), but I have some questions / suggestions :

- Replace the portal gem by Vaal Haste : it gives a significant boost of attack speed (+31% for you and allies) for free

- What do you think of War Banner ? It gives more accuracy (50%) and ennemies take more damage (11%), meaning also more attack speed.

- What do you think of arctic armor ? if combined to enlighten it gives a significant boost of tankiness

- What is better to you ? Ancestral Warchief or Faster Attacks ? I have issues to craft the right colors to my helmet so I use FA instead of AW, and it's cool.

- I can see on PoB that your effective DPS is around 500K when mine is more around 100K with similar items. Does it take in account the use of potions or any other boosters ?

Thanks for your help ! and If you have any other melee build please share !

i have the portal gem in all of my builds, thats the way i play.
also vaal skills are only available after you get enough souls, which means you cant use it whenever you want and they dont last long.
i already have the totem so i dont want to have another button to press for boost.

war banner has a very small effect on use since we already have alot of accuracy and we are almost at the hit chance cap anyway.
the attack speed gained from the banners increased accuracy is pretty low.
in addition, the increased damage taken isnt global, its phyz, which we do not deal, only fire.

the adrenaline is a big boost, but its active only when you place the banner and for a short period of time (like 2 sec?).
this is almost useless against bosses, where you actually need the dps boost.
while mapping you have enough damage.

arctic armor isnt needed imo, and you will have troubles getting it in the gems setup and dealing with the low unreserved mana.

your helmet is dex based so getting 4 off-colors on it is hard.
you really need the ancestral call skill for mapping, its makes a big difference in clear speed and QOL.

for dps, check the FAQ.
Hi again !

I manage to get an helmet to set up my gems in and a Kaoms chest. And I have fews question again.

1. On my helmet I have "+17% area damage". Is that wrong?
2. How big is the boost of Tombfist ? My actual gloves gives me a lot of res (116) but I drop a Tombist whith 1 abyss socket. If I change, I have to change my belt and boost in order to set up correctly my res.
3. What I must change for the next step ? I'm thinking about Xoph amulet to got 3 extra passive point but it's expensive !

Spoiler

4. I can't do reflect elemental. How do you manage to do these map? I'm melting myself.

5. Do you get dex only on your jewel ? I really struggle to get 122-130.

Thanks all !

ps : I'm actually running Warlord mask in order to get endurance charge, i'm waiting to unlock uber labs.
Last edited by Redlighter on Jan 21, 2019, 6:00:40 AM
Hi I dunno how to Link my Gear :D LUL, Sry

first, Thx for Guide. Its nice, effective and makes alot of fun. I rly appreciate!

Im Asking for which upgrade i should go next.

LvL93
2 x Shank - Done
Kaom's Heart (corr with + maxlife) - Done
helmed (20/18, no enchant) - Done
Xopho'S Blood - Done

Boots - ok (dont care)
Belt - ok (dont care)
Ring - ok (thief's torment) - I Think we can leave it like that ..right?

Flask's - not like in guide but i will leave this for now

Question:

go for Tombfist (with corr attack speed) ?
go for any watcher's eye (max 30-40ex) ?

my budget is arround 30-40ex if i get stuff sold.

thx for help

"
HybridBoy wrote:
"
BigFlo0 wrote:
Hello HybridBoy,
First of all : thanks a lot for your build, it is awesome, I had pleasure to play it.

Sorry if this is answered in some of the 100 pages of reply (you're too famous), but I have some questions / suggestions :

- Replace the portal gem by Vaal Haste : it gives a significant boost of attack speed (+31% for you and allies) for free

- What do you think of War Banner ? It gives more accuracy (50%) and ennemies take more damage (11%), meaning also more attack speed.

- What do you think of arctic armor ? if combined to enlighten it gives a significant boost of tankiness

- What is better to you ? Ancestral Warchief or Faster Attacks ? I have issues to craft the right colors to my helmet so I use FA instead of AW, and it's cool.

- I can see on PoB that your effective DPS is around 500K when mine is more around 100K with similar items. Does it take in account the use of potions or any other boosters ?

Thanks for your help ! and If you have any other melee build please share !

i have the portal gem in all of my builds, thats the way i play.
also vaal skills are only available after you get enough souls, which means you cant use it whenever you want and they dont last long.
i already have the totem so i dont want to have another button to press for boost.

war banner has a very small effect on use since we already have alot of accuracy and we are almost at the hit chance cap anyway.
the attack speed gained from the banners increased accuracy is pretty low.
in addition, the increased damage taken isnt global, its phyz, which we do not deal, only fire.

the adrenaline is a big boost, but its active only when you place the banner and for a short period of time (like 2 sec?).
this is almost useless against bosses, where you actually need the dps boost.
while mapping you have enough damage.

arctic armor isnt needed imo, and you will have troubles getting it in the gems setup and dealing with the low unreserved mana.

your helmet is dex based so getting 4 off-colors on it is hard.
you really need the ancestral call skill for mapping, its makes a big difference in clear speed and QOL.

for dps, check the FAQ.

Thanks man !
I'm going to give this build a try having only really played witch builds before. Are there any general guidelines relating to character level as to when to start adding certain skill gems in and using them?

I'm currently level 14 and just using (Molten Strike - Ancestral Call) as well as Whirling Blades.
No corruption on shield? 8% phys dmg taken as fire dmg? what do you think?
"
Khallach wrote:
I'm going to give this build a try having only really played witch builds before. Are there any general guidelines relating to character level as to when to start adding certain skill gems in and using them?

I'm currently level 14 and just using (Molten Strike - Ancestral Call) as well as Whirling Blades.

Follow the guide, it's quite straight forward. Get a 6 link on a Tubala and put MS, ancestral, elemental damage, faster attack and multistrike. Replace by anything is good (like fire damage) if you don't have acces to these gem.

Get a Thief's Torment as soon as possible. It's a very strong ring and a QoL improvement. No need to worry about mana and huge life sustain.

Follow the gem link in the guide as soon as you can (except for bloodrage, where you need regen). For you free socket do what you want. The leveling is not a big deal.
"
Redlighter wrote:
Follow the guide, it's quite straight forward. Get a 6 link on a Tubala and put MS, ancestral, elemental damage, faster attack and multistrike. Replace by anything is good (like fire damage) if you don't have acces to these gem.

Get a Thief's Torment as soon as possible. It's a very strong ring and a QoL improvement. No need to worry about mana and huge life sustain.

Follow the gem link in the guide as soon as you can (except for bloodrage, where you need regen). For you free socket do what you want. The leveling is not a big deal.

Appreciate the response. I have done my best to gather all the skills and leveling gear in the guide and just didn't want to start using stuff (or socketing skills to level them up) too early or too late.

Reached 26 so can use the Thief's Torment ring in a few levels. Currently have (Molten Strike-Ancestral Call-Added Fire-Combustion-Ele Damage With Attacks) in my Tabula and then Whirling Blades on it's own. I also have Blood Rage equipped but can easily just ignore that for now.
anyone on the league has the gg watchers eye ?
Hey, thanks for the feedback on my thoughts. I thought about another thing: How about dropping Herald of Ash for Blasphemy - Poachers Mark and replacing One LGOH ring for the taiming? So we pretty much replace HOA for The Taiming, i think this could be a huge damage boost, while keeping the LGOH even. Especially when we use the watcher's eye (more damage=more leech). There are drawbacks like: more mana is reserved, using enlighten this should be still fine. And we get weakened by hexproof (still got 20LGOH then). Do you think the damage increase is worth it then?

Gem setup:
boots: Anger - Blasphemy - Poachers Mark - enlighten
sword: whirling blades - blood magic - faster attacks
shield: immortal call - lightning golem - CWDT
Gloves: Blood rage - Ancestral protector

Would be nice to hear your thoughts on that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info