[3.6] The Lazy Walker - Jugg - VMS walk and kill, 3M shaper, phys/ice/lightning immune, HC

"
Biggercheese wrote:
Hi there, I absolutely love your build. It reminds me of the old CWDT ignite build I use to play. Once I started mapping with increased packsize or delving It appears to be crashing the instance on the server. Any tips on this or have you dealt with this previously? I created a tech support ticket but no one from GGG has reviewed it. I have tried all your instructions listed in your build. Thanks again, and fantastic work on the build.

Link to my support post:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2466918/page/1#p21798958

It's just how the game was designed, i don't think they can make any improvement without changing core engine of POE. Afterall this build registers hundreds of hits, each will needs to be rolled with a chance to ignite and poison, creating a lot of stress to GGG server.

You can replace the ball lightning in glove with any fire skill of your choice to significantly reduce lag. You can experiment a few skills and pick your favourate.
Did U think about expensive version with bow +2 support gem lvl and rings + jewels with gain 15 li/ci per hit and fully cwdt, hybrid life ci based? Now I'm running with not finished Your version and have so much fun with t14-t16 runs. I know hoa +5 lvl with +5 supports should killing like crazy without ms or any like this, but defensive mechanics like these are too hard to compare for me.
Last edited by Zakk777 on Mar 23, 2019, 6:43:06 PM
"
Zakk777 wrote:
Did U think about expensive version with bow +2 support gem lvl and rings + jewels with gain 15 li/ci per hit and fully cwdt, hybrid life ci based? Now I'm running with not finished Your version and have so much fun with t14-t16 runs. I know hoa +5 lvl with +5 supports should killing like crazy without ms or any like this, but defensive mechanics like these are too hard to compare for me.

Best damage of HOA comes from a skin of loyal (corrupted +1 skill). This way you can reach HOA level 28 without loosing heals from razor of seventh sun. HOA deals half phys half chaos so conversion doesn't benefit it that much.
so, do i take unbreakable or unyielding? cuz in the thread u wrote unbreakable, but in the link u show unyielding.
"
romanchicken wrote:
so, do i take unbreakable or unyielding? cuz in the thread u wrote unbreakable, but in the link u show unyielding.

Both works fine. Go with unbreakable if you want tanky
Hey there, thanks for the guide. Love it.

I just hit 95 and I ...

- have all unqiues (almost each one has max rolls)
- have Soul Ripper
- Atlas is completed (besides some unique maps)
- Elder dead / Shaper dead (UBER ELDER is pretty annoying to get so I don't do it - not worth it the time imo)

... but at some point I did some adjustment since it didnt feel as smooth as I would like to have it for farming/mapping, so I ...

- switched VRF/RF with Flame Dash. The RF damage wasnt needed to farm and the high risk of getting a lot of damage while it being activated and therefore risking to die was not worth it. VRF in general was a nice addition, but it "soaks" souls from VMS which does not allow me to use VMS on cooldown . And VMS just burns everything so I want to have it like 100% of the time (almost). On top of that ... Flame Dash provides necessary mobility (especially in Nexus and Delve)

- switched Fire Penetration in Helmet with Increased Duration to increase uptime of VMS (I guess only worth it if u have Soul Ripper)

- switched Wise Oak Flask with Soul Catcher for higher uptime on VMS + it was annoying to keep track of the resistance balance

I got 3 questions:

1) Why do you call Wiseoak "essential" for this build? For me, playing with Soul Catcher instead feels way more smoother and the damage reduction/buff of Wiseoak wasnt really impactful, at least it didnt feel like it.

2) Where do you see improvements regarding my damage output? Im sitting on 9ex and I am planning on buying boots/belt with cool down recovery next, but I wonder if there are other things I could do to significantly improve my dps (especially for the time when VMS is not active)

3) I am thinking about replacing Ball Lightning with Fireball due to lag issues. On top of that Fireball should deal way more damage. Do you see any issues with that? Or would you recommend another skill?

My current gear:

Last edited by fezz8386 on Apr 1, 2019, 10:54:32 AM
"
fezz8386 wrote:
Hey there, thanks for the guide. Love it.

I just hit 95 and I ...

- have all unqiues (almost each one has max rolls)
- have Soul Ripper
- Atlas is completed (besides some unique maps)
- Elder dead / Shaper dead (UBER ELDER is pretty annoying to get so I don't do it - not worth it the time imo)

... but at some point I did some adjustment since it didnt feel as smooth as I would like to have it for farming/mapping, so I ...

- switched VRF/RF with Flame Dash. The RF damage wasnt needed to farm and the high risk of getting a lot of damage while it being activated and therefore risking to die was not worth it. VRF in general was a nice addition, but it "soaks" souls from VMS which does not allow me to use VMS on cooldown . And VMS just burns everything so I want to have it like 100% of the time (almost). On top of that ... Flame Dash provides necessary mobility (especially in Nexus and Delve)

- switched Fire Penetration in Helmet with Increased Duration to increase uptime of VMS (I guess only worth it if u have Soul Ripper)

- switched Wise Oak Flask with Soul Catcher for higher uptime on VMS + it was annoying to keep track of the resistance balance

I got 3 questions:

1) Why do you call Wiseoak "essential" for this build? For me, playing with Soul Catcher instead feels way more smoother and the damage reduction/buff of Wiseoak wasnt really impactful, at least it didnt feel like it.

2) Where do you see improvements regarding my damage output? Im sitting on 9ex and I am planning on buying boots/belt with cool down recovery next, but I wonder if there are other things I could do to significantly improve my dps (especially for the time when VMS is not active)

3) I am thinking about replacing Ball Lightning with Fireball due to lag issues. On top of that Fireball should deal way more damage. Do you see any issues with that? Or would you recommend another skill?

My current gear:

Hi thanks for the comment. I'm also in lv95, haven't done uber elder yet, and I can tell you are asking all the right questions.

1. Wiseoak (out of all the unique flasks) is a perfect fit to this build, since we are stacking "reduced damage taken". But you are correct it's not essential. Other damage flask are cinderswallow and vinktar (for ground effect). When I use soul ripper and soul catcher together something weird happens: it seemed like the flask activated first will be cancelled out as soon as 2nd flask is used. Does this happen to you?

3. Just experiment a bot with all spells that can "hit". Can use wave of conviction, Armageddon of fire, chain lightning, etc etc.

2. there are soooooo many alternative end game choices with build. I've tried everything below and they all worked and very fun:

a. Emperor's grasp glove to suck everything towards you
b. Maximise HOAG damage (chest use skill of loyal +1 skill corruption), no VMS
c. Use Al Dihi claw to auto trigger abyssal cry for map clear (need Vengence skill)
d. Use a Loop of hunger for 5L HOAG, and you have free 6L for anything (eg a properly linked cwc setup is 300k dps)
"
alexh1985 wrote:

Hi thanks for the comment. I'm also in lv95, haven't done uber elder yet, and I can tell you are asking all the right questions.

1. Wiseoak (out of all the unique flasks) is a perfect fit to this build, since we are stacking "reduced damage taken". But you are correct it's not essential. Other damage flask are cinderswallow and vinktar (for ground effect). When I use soul ripper and soul catcher together something weird happens: it seemed like the flask activated first will be cancelled out as soon as 2nd flask is used. Does this happen to you?

3. Just experiment a bot with all spells that can "hit". Can use wave of conviction, Armageddon of fire, chain lightning, etc etc.

2. there are soooooo many alternative end game choices with build. I've tried everything below and they all worked and very fun:

a. Emperor's grasp glove to suck everything towards you
b. Maximise HOAG damage (chest use skill of loyal +1 skill corruption), no VMS
c. Use Al Dihi claw to auto trigger abyssal cry for map clear (need Vengence skill)
d. Use a Loop of hunger for 5L HOAG, and you have free 6L for anything (eg a properly linked cwc setup is 300k dps)

1. Damn, you are right.Happens to me as well, never relaized that. So Soul Catcher is pretty much useless with this :) Going to test Cinderswallow. Thanks for the hint

2. Will do.

3. Will try the Hungry Loop, thanks.
Hi,
I've been trying this build out and having lots of fun at the expense of my friends who can't see anything :)

You talk about VMS triggering off physical damage taken, but mine doesn't see to do that at all, I have to manually trigger it. Have I missed something?

https://pastebin.com/fvJxZhfC

Thanks
"
kingy76 wrote:
Hi,
I've been trying this build out and having lots of fun at the expense of my friends who can't see anything :)

You talk about VMS triggering off physical damage taken, but mine doesn't see to do that at all, I have to manually trigger it. Have I missed something?

https://pastebin.com/fvJxZhfC

Thanks

Your build seems fine to me.

Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing:

VMS (with enough souls) first needs to be manually activated; After activation, VMS procs with every physical damage taken. This can be when monster hit you, or when you ignite something and hit yourself with phys damage.

That's what I meant by triggered off physical damage taken. As long as you see hundreds of VMS explosion per second once skill is active, you are fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info