[3.4] NecroX's Spectre Summoner

To proof check the build I went on to one of my standard characters and killed uber atziri just fine. Uber elder will have to wait to be tested as I am playing SSF and it would take too long to setup and spawn on standard atm.

Build is made for TempSC (I'm a pleb :D), needs rework for hardcore.

Videos I want to record and post here

Guardians
Struggling with extra damage mods, but I'm not the greatest player either.

Shaper
Missing 2 guardian maps.

T14+ Red Elder (& Uber Elder?)
I did beat T13 red elder, but want to record a T14/T15, Uber might not be doable at my skill level, but I might try.

Atziri & Uber Atziri
Normal Atziri is a joke, uber is doable but I need the set to record it in delve league. (Does video from standard count? xD)

Delve Level 600?
Currently at ~270 progressing slowly, need 6L and life gear, 350-400 is probably more realistic, with careful planning it might work.

Spectre Comparison
Flame Sentinels, Solar Guards & Tukohama's Vanguards (Maybe even Frost Sentinels)
Flame sentinels clears maps noticeably faster, but solar guards handles bosses better.

Pros/Cons

+ Easy to get started
+ SSF viable
+ Great mapping speed
+ Uber Atziri viable
- Not everyones playstyle
- Socket starving, we have to use a corrupted amulet to get an aura

Spectres and how to get them

Flame Sentinels
These spectres will offer the best clear speed in my opinion, they have been a staple mob for spectre summoners since the very beginning.

Solar Guards
These spectres was added along with act 8 and quickly became the "meta" spectre for it's great clear speed and bossing potential, I've killed Uber Atziri with these guys and they were not even T16 spectres.

Tukohama's Vanguards
These guys are no question asked the strongest single target spectres we have to date!
They spawn Scorching Ray totems which reduces the targets fire resistance and burns the target insanely fast. The reduction in fire resistance does not stack, several totems will however lower the resistance faster than a single one though, but the damage will stack.

How to get spectres
First of all, bind corpse selection to a desired key, this will only be uses when summoning new spectres which isn't very often, and set corpse targeting to 'When key held'.
Spoiler

Next you have to decide which spectre you want to use, you can find the locations from the url's above.
When you get to the area use Desecrate to spawn corpses from mobs in the area until you find the spectre you want to use.

A important note here is, Desecrate will spawn corpses of a max level defined on the gem, but will not be higher than the monster level of the zone you're in, in other words, as you get to higher level zones you should re-summon the spectres to make them stronger. Spectres will not scale down if you go to lower level areas any more.

Target the corpse and use Raise Spectre to summon the spectre, one should be enough.

Lastly, go to the highest level area you can get to and use Desecrate to spawn corpses again, until you find your spectre again and summon as many as you can have (the one you have right now needs to be overriden as well).

Spoiler

The Path of Building link here contains several skill trees to help you when leveling, I also added a note for swapping over to a Elder Helmet as a late game improvement.

The skills section is divided into 3 sections:
General - Gem links you probably wont ever change.
Basic - Gem links you will use early on.
Elder Helmet - Links you will change when you get a Elder Helmet with good affixes.

I will go more into this later.

Passive Tree

The endgame tree looks like this http://poeurl.com/b4vf, this should be around level 90 which is a fair level to say the build is final, but the PoB link contains what I would pick until level 100.
Leveling trees will be added in the next section.

Bandits

Kill all, passive skill points is definitely the way to go.

Ascendancy

Mistress of Sacrifice > Commander of Darkness > Invoker > Soul Weaver

Will add a image again, just noticed I put the numbers incorrectly... honest misstake.

Pantheon

Pantheon List
If you don't want to hassle with this just get Soul of Lunaris major and upgrade with Lycius, and Soul of Ralakesh upgraded for poison immunity.

Major
Soul of the Brine King fully unlocked is the best one overall.
Soul of Lunaris with Lycius, Midnight Howl captured should be used on chain maps to avoid being killed when enemies chain of your minions.
Soul of Solaris with Shadow of the Vaal and Suncaller Asha is great for when doing uber atziri, though not needed.

Minor
Soul of Shakari should be upgraded and is then the best minor for most content.
Soul of Ralakesh is great when doing lab mainly as it reduced physical damage over time (all traps in lab) and gives you a chance to avoid bleeding (spike traps), also doesn't need upgrading, this minor is also good vs uber atziri's spears as they proc a physical bleed.
Soul of Ryslatha can be good if you upgrade it as it would make life potions more potent.

Skills

Note about Spectres

Spectres can be used from level 28 though I would wait a bit longer myself.

The earliest spectres would be Flame Sentinels from The Solaris Temple zone level 27-28 in Act 3, if you choose to level with spectres this early on, don't forget to re-summon them often as zone levels increases rapidly at this point.

I would start using them around level 40-50 myself, as you gain access to Spell Echo and Greater Multiple Projectiles at level 38.

Solar Guards can be spawned at The Solaris Temple zone level 59 in Act 8.

I recommend leveling with Summon Raging Spirits from the very start, they will have enough damage to get you to the point where you transition over to spectres and all you really need is a +1 to Level of Socketed Fire Gems wand which you can get from the start.

All you need is a
1) Ruby Ring which can be crafted by selling a Iron Ring and a red skill gem to any vendor.
2) A 3-linked magic wand from the shop, preferably 2 blue, one red sockets. Use a Orb of Tansmutation if needed.
3) A Orb of Alteration.

These 3 sold to any vendor will result in a +1 to Level of Socketed Fire Gems wand.

As for gem links:

3L: Summon Raging Spirits, Melee Splash, Minion Damage
4L add Melee Physical or Minion Speed.
5L add the one you didn't add before.
6L add Ruthless.

The following gems can be used as well before all the above are available
Onslaught
Summon Phantasm on Kill
Added Fire

For mobility, I would use Flame Dash until later when you swap to using Shield Charge or Whirling Blades.

Don't forget to pick up Flesh Offering as soon as possible, when you enter merveil's cave if I recall correct.

Recommended Uniques

Goldrim is just for resists, nothing else.
Mark of the Red Covenant Will make Summon Raging Spirits more comfortable from level 26 until you decide to swap over to Raise Spectre.
Skullhead is a good entry level helmet you can use for a very long time, the regeneration will make your minions a lot tankier as well.

Tabula Rasa is almost as good as using a 5L Vis Mortis, has slightly more damage even.

Wonderlust is great at least until you reach Act 2, many times I just leave them on until I reach mapping, though on this build I swap over to...
Bones of Ullr should be used as soon as you swap over to spectres.

Sidhebreath is a great amulet to start with, minion AI isn't always the best, movement speed helps a lot in making minions feeling less clunky.
Stone of Lazwhar with the clarity corrupt is needed around the time you swap over to using Raise Spectre as you want a aura running for the Commander of Darkness ascendancy node.

Aurumvorax could potentially be very useful just when transitioning into mapping when the gear isn't at the point where you have all resists capped, though a big minus is the -20% reduced rarity.
Brightbeak even after the shield charge nerf is not a bad weapon, it does speed it up the start and stop animations, as well as providing great resists with no drawback. If you like Leap Slam it is a great weapon.

Spoiler

Raise Spectre, Spell Echo, Minion Damage, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Elemental Focus, Controlled Destruction
Greater Multiple Projectiles can be swapped for Slower Projectiles for more single target damage.

Raise Zombie, Animate Guardian, Minion Life, Fortify
Fortify can be swapped for a level 3 or higher Empower for more survival.

Arc, Curse on Hit with 2 of Flammability, Projectile Weakness, Enfeeble, Temporal Chains.

Cast when Damage Taken Lv1, Unearth Lv8, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Bone Offering Lv8.

Shield Charge or Whirling Blades with Faster Attacks, Fortify.

Cast when Damage Taken Lv1, Immortal Call Lv3, Desecrate.

Convocation
Flesh Offering

If you get yourself a essence crafted Elder helmet with Minion Damage and 30% elemental damage

Helmet:
Raise Spectre, Spell Echo, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Elemental Focus.

Body Armour:
Cast when Damage Taken Lv1, Unearth Lv8, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Bone Offering Lv8, Immortal Call Lv3, Increased Duration.

Shield:
Flesh Offering, Desecrate, Faster Casting

This will free up one unset ring to add a aura to and replace the neck, or just a better ring.

Gear

Skullhead is a good entry level helmet, makes your spectres tankier and gives you decent resists.
A Essence of Horror crafted elder helmet should be your end-game target, if you are able try to get a Bone Helmet base (expensive though).

A Vis Mortis is the best in slot, it gives us the extra spectre for more damage and better clearing.
A Tabula Rasa is slightly better than a 5L Vis Mortis in terms of damage, but the extra spectre will help in coverage and clearing.

6L Vis Mortis > 5L Vis Mortis > Tabula Rasa

Bones of Ullr should be very cheap to get and can be corrupted for +1 to Level of Socketed Gems to make the zombies and guardian just a bit stronger.
With Delve league you should aim to get a pair of +1 number of Spectres crafted boots, you can use the Bound Fossil to achieve this, get more than 15% movement speed, some life and maybe resists.

Stone of Lazhwar also very cheap to buy and corrupt, we need this to be corrupted with Clarity aura.
If fact, any amulet will do as long as you get this corruption.

Brightbeak even after the shield charge nerf is not a bad weapon, it does speed it up the start and stop animations, as well as providing great resists with no drawback. If you like Leap Slam it is a great weapon.
The Scourge is normally the BiS weapon, bit with Delve League you can fossil craft any one handed weapon with up to 80% minion damage, as well as any other affix you want, which potentially can be better.

For other items, get Life, Mana, Resists, Str, Dex as needed.
I recommend using a Kite Shield with +12% to all Elemental Resistances and a Stygian Vise, and you will need 2 Unset Rings
Guardian Gear

Will link items in a bit, need to find all the stuff over in standard, for now I will write it as text.

Helmet: Bringer of Rain, Leer Cast, Voll's Vision
Chest: Ambu's Charge(Crystal Vault safer vs Uber Atziri), Zahndethus' Cassock, Brass Dome?
Gloves: Southbound
Boots: Victario's Flight
Weapon: Dying Breath

Flasks

1) A Divine or Hallowed life flask with a Seething prefix for instant heal, and a of Stauching suffix for bleed removal.
2) A Eternal life flask with a Catalysed prefix for fast recovery.
3) A Eternal mana flask with a Bubbling prefix to get the best of both instant and over time mana recovery.
4) A Stibnite flask with a of Warding suffix for curse removal and immunity. Any flask will do here but the Stibnite has the lowest flask use cost for more uptime.
5) A Rumi's Concoction for some extra block chance, comes in handy when Bone Offering is active because of the life on block effect.

A side note, if you don't have the posion immunity upgrade on the minor pantheon Soul of Shakari, you might want a flash with the of Curing suffix, and you also want one flask with of Heat suffix.
The Eternal life and mana flasks should be used for these affixes.

Jewels

Unending Hunger Jewel
It will be up pretty much all the time on at least one of your spectres, and will boost the damage by a lot when clearing.
It will however not be active on boss fights basically at all as the buff will run out.

As for other jewels:
Ghastly Abyss Jewel - Life < Minion Movement Speed% < Minion flat fire damage
Cobalt Jewel - Life% < Minion Damage% < Minion All Resist%

Jewels can also be a source for missing stats and resists, put whatever you're missing here.

Spoiler

Tips to come soon

Spoiler

Guide will probably be updated with videos when I kill tougher content as I go.

Delve Leaue

Last edited by NecroX93 on Sep 25, 2018, 6:16:50 PM
Last bumped on Feb 15, 2019, 3:05:56 AM
Update Log
10/9 - Updated leveling section and linked items in other sections as well.
11/9 - Added Animate Guarian gear under the gear section.
24/9 - Fixed some typos and added weapon recommendations as I overlooked it when the guide first was written.
Last edited by NecroX93 on Sep 23, 2018, 6:21:49 PM
For "Stone of Lazhwar with Clarity corrupt", why do you need the Clarity skill? Is it for the passive Mind Over Matter, to regen your mana for when you get hit?
"
PikachuPls wrote:
For "Stone of Lazhwar with Clarity corrupt", why do you need the Clarity skill? Is it for the passive Mind Over Matter, to regen your mana for when you get hit?

It's needed for the ascendancy node Commander of Darkness, I'm using all sockets for minions and defense and the only way to get clarity in is from a corrupted neck unless you get a elder helmet to free up a socket.

Lazhwar is a cheap option to get the clarity corrupt on, and is actually not a bad amulet at all.

Though you could choose to get any amulet and corrupt it as well.
Last edited by NecroX93 on Sep 9, 2018, 10:31:03 PM
I'm looking into getting an elder helmet. Seems pointless to waste a 5/6l body armour on a cwdt though. Don't you think beefing up the AG zombie would be much more effective in the body armour if you move the spectres to the helmet?...
"
JonnyBrains wrote:
I'm looking into getting an elder helmet. Seems pointless to waste a 5/6l body armour on a cwdt though. Don't you think beefing up the AG zombie would be much more effective in the body armour if you move the spectres to the helmet?...

The AG doesn't really do much, sure you can get some minion life/empower/minion resist, but damage wise it's not that good.

As for zombies, they can deal decent damage, but the jewels would be highly recommended.

It's not a bad idea though, buy you would limit yourself to using unset rings if you do.

The guardian is nice and all, but you might even drop him in favor of making the zombies deal damage.

Raise Zombie, Minion Damage, Minion Speed, Melee Physical, Fortify, Empower/Ruthless/Multistrike

The zombies would take a chunk of mana to raise, but we're MoM and have decent mana regen.

If you're up for it, give it a shot.
Last edited by NecroX93 on Sep 18, 2018, 12:19:40 PM
Thanks for the response! I will experiment with it a bit. Here is my current setup that I find working really well for me.

Spoiler

skill tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAAQHBLMI9BEtFScWbxg8GFYYXRhqGmwc3CL0JKolsij6KpgsnDLRNZI26TlSOlg6xjrhQYdEBEVHRZ1JT0mxSp9Ms025TeNTUlXGWAdakV8qYPhihmL0Zp5ncWjyahtqQ2qsa9tsC20ZcbJ0VXyDfRiCx4PMg9uFMoVgiECMsY8akDOTJ5ctmK2a4JuKm6GevaDmogCmV6asqH2qqarErJit8bc-uJO8qrzqvSe-T7-XwGbJPcy80B_Tj9P718_YvdkL2V7fiuNq6QLr7uyD7IrviO_r8B_yHvJF99f5N_no-tL-Cv6B_o_-sw==?accountName=JonnyBrains&characterName=Jonny_Red_Mappin

So if I decide to 6l the body armour I'm thinking I'll simply add minion damage.

The flask definitely need to be improved. I'll be honestly I threw that on when I started mapping and haven't touched em since. I'll update it once I actually give them more thought and change them out. Maybe a wise oak or rummi's?

Far as the skill tree goes, I'm using the next 5 pts to get the jewel on far left threw two str and one on far right threw two int. It was either those, or the blood siphon, but I weighed the pro's and con's since they both cost six and two jewels at 7% max life and minion damage seems better than the 1% extra life I would get from the blood siphon path.

Any thoughts?

Also, can you explain the gmp unearth to me? I get the unearth rises corpses to proc the bone offer. I wondered why no desecrate and I get that unearth rises more corpses. So that all makes sense to me. What's with the gmp?... I'm obviously missing something.
Last edited by JonnyBrains on Sep 18, 2018, 3:03:54 PM
Just wondering what do you recommend now for 6l Spectres and when to swap over to spectres level wise? and what do you recommend for primary and secondary weapon slots to go for for delving and partial high end mapping??
Last edited by Fancymanjm13 on Sep 18, 2018, 6:07:28 PM
"
Fancymanjm13 wrote:
Just wondering what do you recommend now for 6l Spectres and when to swap over to spectres level wise? and what do you recommend for primary and secondary weapon slots to go for for delving and partial high end mapping??

All that info is right in the guide my dude...

When to swap to spectres:

"
NecroX93 wrote:
Spectres can be used from level 28 though I would wait a bit longer myself.

The earliest spectres would be Flame Sentinels from The Solaris Temple zone level 27-28 in Act 3, if you choose to level with spectres this early on, don't forget to re-summon them often as zone levels increases rapidly at this point.

I would start using them around level 40-50 myself, as you gain access to Spell Echo and Greater Multiple Projectiles at level 38.

Solar Guards can be spawned at The Solaris Temple zone level 59 in Act 8.
[/spoiler]
I recommend leveling with Summon Raging Spirits from the very start, they will have enough damage to get you to the point where you transition over to spectres and all you really need is a +1 to Level of Socketed Fire Gems wand which you can get from the start.

All you need is a
1) Ruby Ring which can be crafted by selling a Iron Ring and a red skill gem to any vendor.
2) A 3-linked magic wand from the shop, preferably 2 blue, one red sockets. Use a Orb of Tansmutation if needed.
3) A Orb of Alteration.

These 3 sold to any vendor will result in a +1 to Level of Socketed Fire Gems wand.

6l recommendation for solar guards:

"
NecroX93 wrote:
Raise Spectre, Spell Echo, Minion Damage, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Elemental Focus, Controlled Destruction
Greater Multiple Projectiles can be swapped for Slower Projectiles for more single target damage.

For main and off hand:

"
NecroX93 wrote:
For other items, get Life, Mana, Resists, Str, Dex as needed.
I recommend using a Kite Shield with +12% to all Elemental Resistances

OP Recommends a kite shield with the listed stats, and just picking up life/mana/res/str/dex as needed for weapon. You could use a bright beak for speed. If you want a budget recommendation I'd say severed in sleep.
I apologize for the late response, been a busy week for me.

"
JonnyBrains wrote:
The flask definitely need to be improved. I'll be honestly I threw that on when I started mapping and haven't touched em since. I'll update it once I actually give them more thought and change them out. Maybe a wise oak or rummi's?

For me flasks works well enough as it is, I do notice some issues on guardian maps with extra damage rolls, so I would avoid that at the moment.

A Rumi's is already recommended in the flask section, it adds 20/10 block/spell block and synergizes great with the bone offering's life on block.

"
JonnyBrains wrote:
Far as the skill tree goes, I'm using the next 5 pts to get the jewel on far left threw two str and one on far right threw two int. It was either those, or the blood siphon, but I weighed the pro's and con's since they both cost six and two jewels at 7% max life and minion damage seems better than the 1% extra life I would get from the blood siphon path.

Any thoughts?

Absolutely do this if you have the jewels, my perspective is more SSF focused as that's how I primarily play.

"
JonnyBrains wrote:
Also, can you explain the gmp unearth to me? I get the unearth rises corpses to proc the bone offer. I wondered why no desecrate and I get that unearth rises more corpses. So that all makes sense to me. What's with the gmp?... I'm obviously missing something.

The reasoning why I put GMP Unearth is to not use the charges of the desecrate for when I want to use it myself, of course you're free to disagree and save a socket to use desecrate instead, but it will use a charge every time it procs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info