Grinding Gear Games is hiring Programmers!

I hope you find someone capable of reverting the CoC and AoE nerfs, since no one seems to be able to do that.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
I'd so love to still qualify. But I haven't coded in a LONG time.

And I don't live in Oz or Kiwiland :(
Nice.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I better get practicing C++ again. Spent too much time in Unity.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
The "Please only apply with N years of experience in an AAA-Studio". I wonder how much of an incest fiesta the industry must be, if every successful studio only hires people from successful studios.
I dont even wanna complain, it's not like I am close to being qualified, it's just the very same weird expectations everywhere around.
Last edited by 1000Notions on Sep 6, 2018, 12:29:14 AM
"
1000Notions wrote:
The "Please only apply with N years of experience in an AAA-Studio". I wonder how much of an incest fiesta the industry must be, if every successful studio only hires people from successful studios.
I dont even wanna complain, it's not like I am close to being qualified, it's just the very same weird expectations everywhere around.
A lot of positions are like this. They have a decent team, they don't have time/resources to train a fresh coder for gaming. They probably have goals for all the major patches coming out in certain intervals, and wish to keep those goals.

Some positions are flexible if you come in with confidence and knowledge/experience.

That said, I would apply if I had the experience.
#58, chosen by the RNG Gods to test Closed Beta for the Awakening
Last edited by BillNyetheSpy on Sep 6, 2018, 12:49:21 AM
"
1000Notions wrote:

They never said you have to have experience at an 'AAA studio'.
The only criteria was a 'shipped game title' which I believe can be any game.
I've seen a few indie games that wrote their own engine and managed to sell a decent game on Steam, so I guess that would qualify?
"
LostArtz wrote:
Don't take this the wrong way, but I feel like this kinda thing belongs on http://www.grindinggear.com/ as opposed to PoE.

It might also be time to update that website too you know, it looks like it hasn't been touched in years.

it literally says in the footer 2016
Certainly not programmers to better optimize a good game they @#$%ed up so badly.
How do I move to New Zealand
Right, just fire.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info