[3.4] Delve: Guide to fractured walls

Thank you!

Sadly I've no pictures but long, incredibly horribly long, story short. I had 2 nodes on either side of a path and was searching around them constantly. Read your post and it was just BAM! There's the darn wall, didn't even know about the 2-path rule. @.@ At least this explains why Nico went Mad. ^^; Funny part is I had been looking for the wall to link to a node on the left, didn't even think it would link to the right.....and it was on the right. *facepalms*

Anyway, thanks very much!
"
2-path nodes always have a hidden, third path.

Brought up by reddit, it seems to be true that every single node has either 1,
3 or 4 connections.

What this means is that if you ever come across a node that LOOKS like it only has 2 connections on it, really this means there is a hidden path coming off it.

I will go through some examples below of where this can REALLY save you some time

Another consequence: any node with only 1 connection (a deadend) CANNOT have a single hidden path. It could theoretically have 2 or 3 hidden paths, but that's unlickely and you probably can tell with the layout whether it's possible or not.
Last edited by AsbelFar on Sep 4, 2018, 4:06:47 AM
"
AsbelFar wrote:
"
2-path nodes always have a hidden, third path.

Brought up by reddit, it seems to be true that every single node has either 1,
3 or 4 connections.

What this means is that if you ever come across a node that LOOKS like it only has 2 connections on it, really this means there is a hidden path coming off it.

I will go through some examples below of where this can REALLY save you some time

Another consequence: any node with only 1 connection (a deadend) CANNOT have a single hidden path. It could theoretically have 2 or 3 hidden paths, but that's unlickely and you probably can tell with the layout whether it's possible or not.

True enough.

I'd avoided putting it in since it's harder to prove something is not there than that it is there, but since the idea is perfectly logical, I think I'll add it.

Cheers,
Did you know kiwi (kiwifruit) are actually berries, and it is a national fruit of China? Also, their name is a big marketing ploy by a major exporter, New Zealand.
Delve fractured wall guide: view-thread/2204851
Legion Emblem Carry thread: view-thread/2598853
Great Guide, thanks a lot there! Will try that out when I get back from work hehe
::::::::▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄::::::::::::::
::::::▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌:::::::::::
:::: ▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█:::::::::
::  ▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌:::::::
::▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄:::::
Very very very helpful thank you.
I use your guide to find the right path to hidden node that i have been stuck by myself for awhile.

THANK YOU!! :D
To take an example from my game:
Spoiler

This means there must be at least one path to the hidden Breach, like for instance just left of it?

How about the criss-crossing roads with I suppose 2 paths leading to them, so there can be a hidden wall there as well? For instance in both 'turns' north and east of the node in the centre-left of the image. Maybe the top-right node too?

Kinda confusing and not at all obvious, and ofc dangerous as feck to stray off from the lighted path given it's kinda difficult to get enough azurite to upgrade enough while going down (and I've gone plenty sideways too).
Great post, this cleared up quite a lot.
"
Pangaearocks wrote:
To take an example from my game:
Spoiler

This means there must be at least one path to the hidden Breach, like for instance just left of it?

How about the criss-crossing roads with I suppose 2 paths leading to them, so there can be a hidden wall there as well? For instance in both 'turns' north and east of the node in the centre-left of the image. Maybe the top-right node too?

Kinda confusing and not at all obvious, and ofc dangerous as feck to stray off from the lighted path given it's kinda difficult to get enough azurite to upgrade enough while going down (and I've gone plenty sideways too).

No expert here, but based on the explained rules I would start at the gem node in the upper right. It is a node with only two paths, meaning it needs a third.

If you explore from there, look bottom left from the node for the wall.
VERY nice work. Looking forward to finally figuring out that stupid dynamite-the-wall quest with this information once I get done. Much thanks for the effort, and here's your bump.
GREAT GUIDE!
Playing for joy ♥

If interested, check out my Hideout(s): /view-thread/2226019

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info