[3.7] A Little Outdated - Crit - CONSECRATED PATH - Chieftain - League Starter

Seems like Consecrated Path is not working with on hit effects, for example with Oskarm gloves (not applying the Assassin's Mark curse). Leap slam is applying the curse. I guess it's because the skill is targeting the ground, not the enemies? Should not the enemies in range of the skill be counted as "hit"? Is it working as intended?

If it's intended that skill does not apply the on hit effects, Tombfist gloves are not going to work too.

Edit: Nevermind, it's working with Oskarm, I don't know why I was thinking it does not.
Last edited by Mindfreak on Sep 10, 2018, 8:55:45 AM
"
Mindfreak wrote:
Seems like Consecrated Path is not working with on hit effects, for example with Oskarm gloves (not applying the Assassin's Mark curse). Leap slam is applying the curse. I guess it's because the skill is targeting the ground, not the enemies? Should not the enemies in range of the skill be counted as "hit"? Is it working as intended?

If it's intended that skill does not apply the on hit effects, Tombfist gloves are not going to work too.

It should not be intended. Whether the skill targets the ground or not is irrelevant to the on hit effects. Earthquake can also target the ground, so does Ice Crash, both skills apply curses on hit without a problem.

Only if, for example, the skill only created a consecrated ground, which deals damage over time or something, would on hit effects not trigger, as damage over time doesn't hit. That's the reason Herald of Ash can't curse on hit, but Herald of Ice can. HoA only burns, doesn't hit. HoI does hit.

However, Consecrated Path clearly hits and thus on-hit effects should trigger.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Sep 10, 2018, 8:59:18 AM
"
ripslyme00 wrote:
Just wondering,

which unique amulet would be better for this build?

eye of innocence? or xoph's blood?

Neither. Eye of Innocence is just bad compared to a well crafted rare amulet and Xoph's Blood isn't bad per se, but it gives you Avatar of Fire and you don't want that in this build. Reason is that the statsticks provide other types of elemental damage to this build and Avatar of Fire would convert just half of that damage to fire and "discard" the other half. It reduces your damage quite significantly. You also cover bosses in ash as a Chieftain anyway.

Rare amulet is best.

"
Xavathos wrote:
"
ripslyme00 wrote:
Just wondering,

Neither. Eye of Innocence is just bad compared to a well crafted rare amulet and Xoph's Blood isn't bad per se, but it gives you Avatar of Fire and you don't want that in this build. Reason is that the statsticks provide other types of elemental damage to this build and Avatar of Fire would convert just half of that damage to fire and "discard" the other half. It reduces your damage quite significantly. You also cover bosses in ash as a Chieftain anyway.

Rare amulet is best.

Yea, specifically, rare elder amulet with 13% non-chaos as chaos and 20% phys as fire is best. they cost a fortune.
Last edited by Hollyphantom on Sep 10, 2018, 10:08:04 AM
"
gokudin wrote:
Complete chimera and phoenix, this gear will be enough for shaper?

Spoiler

Sure but you should switch gems a little. your sceptre has faster attk in it, so put your leap slam (or warchief) in there. Also, you're linking leap slam with conc. That'll make getting fortify harder plus ur gonna use up a lot more mana when leaping around.

"
cryyyy wrote:
So what pantheon in your honest opinion would be best for high tier maps and the end game bosses and delves minor as well.

Currently using Arakaali and Ralakesh, thoughts?

I have Arakaali and Gruthkul. Ralakesh is a questionable choice. You have a ton of regen so bleed is not a huge threat.
"
Hollyphantom wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
ripslyme00 wrote:
Just wondering,

Rare amulet is best.

Yea, specifically, rare elder amulet with 13% non-chaos as chaos and 20% phys as fire is best. they cost a fortune.

So does Xoph's Blood. :)

Everyone,

I killed Shaper (uploaded vid) and dropped a dying sun which I sold for 3ex. I also sold my well-rolled loreweave for 4.5ex cuz it's cursed and it never 6 links. That allowed me to get a 6l loreweave. I probably spent like 30ex total....

I'll spend some time divining. My next goal is uber elder but it's a lot of work to get it to spawn...

Last edited by Hollyphantom on Sep 10, 2018, 12:27:58 PM
Concecrated path is incredible! Smoothless meelee leveling I've ever had.
You can also use Gifts from Above while leveling, it's really good!

The Tempestuous Steel is a good offhand while leveling too.
Overally really fun to level and just an awesome skill!(will be nerfed 100%)

"
namesurename wrote:
Concecrated path is incredible! Smoothless meelee leveling I've ever had.
You can also use Gifts from Above while leveling, it's really good!

The Tempestuous Steel is a good offhand while leveling too.
Overally really fun to level and just an awesome skill!(will be nerfed 100%)

Hey, only 2% of the players are using CP. It doesnt need to get nerfed! lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info