[3.7] A Little Outdated - Crit - CONSECRATED PATH - Chieftain - League Starter

"
Kuroyuki wrote:
"
Hollyphantom wrote:
"
Kuroyuki wrote:
Hello Hollyphantom,

Thank you very much for the guide on this build.

This is my very first league character, put in my time and farmed my own Oni-Goroshi.

I don't plan to play 2nd character.

I wants to improve my character even further, would you able to take look at my character and give some advice?

Crit Chance - 57.29% without buff/golem

Crit Multiplier:
422% for my Consecrated Path
407% for my Vaal Ancestral Warchief

My main goal is to progress further/deeper into high-end game content (I am new XD), such as Uber Elder / Deep Delve 600+ or more? (not sure what is consider high end)

and of course, live and reach lv100 for the very first time

those are extremely difficult goals if you are new... you're probably not going to achieve any unless you're just really good at games like these.

well, i can take a look but your character profile is set to private.

Oops, I am sorry, did not realize character display is auto-set to private, just turned it off to public now.

I was not aiming for those goals originally, but this week, many crazy unique dropped in Delve for me, that created quite a few exalt I can invest into gear and see if i can push up.

As for gaming, I used to main-tank in WoW for guild that push for server top 5, learning mechanic and avoiding damage is not that bad, consider we have all the boss guide online now

The gear/gear mod building is something i am very lacking in knowledge, some guidance and advise on what to aim for would be awesome :)

Edit: some of those Tier 15/16 is 1-shotting me, i think my def/survival are lacking? Should I consider transition to 1h+shield instead of Onigoroshi, and still have enough dps to kill those bosses?

1. you have some unnecessary points aroud duelist area. life leech nodes are unnecessary cuz chieftain gets fire leech. you also have a 10% melee phys node, which isnt good.

2. your life flask needs to change. get one that is instant, like mine.

3. you can craft a hybrid life mod on your helm.

4. on your abyss jewel and jewelry, if possible, try to get added phys to attacks (not fire/lightning/chaos/cold). phys is good cuz it gets converted to fire and u also get added fire based on phys. just something to look out for if ur trying to improve gear.

5. you can try 1hand + shield. It doesnt take too much to try it. just some points on the tree. like ive said, no single set up is best.

6. not getting one-shot is more about learning enemy mechanics than improving your survivability. this is pretty difficult to do....

7. if u really want to achieve those goals, I'd take phase acrobatics on the tree. It takes 6 points on the tree, and u basically avoid 30% of all damage. this node is very good. HC players nearly always take it if they are anywhere close. You'll have to play the game like its HC if you want to reach deep delves or lv 100.

you can get additional dodge on pantheon and boot enchant.

"
Hollyphantom wrote:

1. you have some unnecessary points aroud duelist area. life leech nodes are unnecessary cuz chieftain gets fire leech. you also have a 10% melee phys node, which isnt good.

2. your life flask needs to change. get one that is instant, like mine.

3. you can craft a hybrid life mod on your helm.

4. on your abyss jewel and jewelry, if possible, try to get added phys to attacks (not fire/lightning/chaos/cold). phys is good cuz it gets converted to fire and u also get added fire based on phys. just something to look out for if ur trying to improve gear.

5. you can try 1hand + shield. It doesnt take too much to try it. just some points on the tree. like ive said, no single set up is best.

6. not getting one-shot is more about learning enemy mechanics than improving your survivability. this is pretty difficult to do....

7. if u really want to achieve those goals, I'd take phase acrobatics on the tree. It takes 6 points on the tree, and u basically avoid 30% of all damage. this node is very good. HC players nearly always take it if they are anywhere close. You'll have to play the game like its HC if you want to reach deep delves or lv 100.

you can get additional dodge on pantheon and boot enchant.

Thank you very much for the advice, I work on those for improvement,

(lol, the forum only allow 3 quotes embedded within each other, deleted other one then)

Cheers
Hey man, I'm new to Path of Exile and looking for melee builds. I gotta say, this is the most detailed guide that I found. I really like that you included your gearing progression, and what stats I should be looking for in a sword. Really thankful for this build guide!
Hi, i see in the lvling setion at lvl 91 u say " link combustion to totem, and using ele focus instead of combustion on your main links is better".

But in the final build u still have combustion and when i see the pob, there, u have concentrated effect. My question is what is the better 6 links ?
"
Niico75 wrote:
Hi, i see in the lvling setion at lvl 91 u say " link combustion to totem, and using ele focus instead of combustion on your main links is better".

But in the final build u still have combustion and when i see the pob, there, u have concentrated effect. My question is what is the better 6 links ?

like i said in the "EXTREMELY COMMON ISSUES/QUESTIONS FOR LV70+ CHARACTERS", theres no ideal 6 link. every single 5th and 6th link has a drawback. you'll kind of have to play around and find what u like.

but i'd keep combustion on totem.
Ok ty vm for the answer.

I see too that u have a lot of mod " increased critical stike multiplier" anyway, more than " increased critical stike chance " what is the most important ? cause actually in the t12 map i have some trouble, mostly on boss
"
Niico75 wrote:
Ok ty vm for the answer.

I see too that u have a lot of mod " increased critical stike multiplier" anyway, more than " increased critical stike chance " what is the most important ? cause actually in the t12 map i have some trouble, mostly on boss

u want crit chance on tree and sword. and crit multi everywhere, especially jewels and amulet.

crit chance is better than multi on your weapon (such as 20% chance vs 20% multi), but the opposite is true if it is not on your weapon. This is because crit chance on weapons is "local" and affects the base crit of your sword.

crit multi should be at least 400%, but 500% would be nice. check your in-game tool tip
Thanks for repply, i will try as soon as possible.
hey im struggling abit in end game and it feels like my gear is fucking great. have i missed some node or something?
"
spjutte wrote:
hey im struggling abit in end game and it feels like my gear is fucking great. have i missed some node or something?

yea, theres major easy-to-fix flaws:

use both VAAL warchief and ancestral protector

u need more accuracy. get to 90% hit chance.

use CWDT enfeeble

work on your flasks. see flask section

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info