3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

"
Grumpyrock wrote:
"
OskieBoy wrote:
So just to be clear, we still wanna use wrath even without the ring right? I am having a hard time justifying the 50c+ price right now just starting out.

I don't think you need wrath until you are really trying to max out your damage on the top end. Ideally, you would only use wrath with the ring, or without Mind over Matter. If you have MoM and wrath without the ring you are going to be in a tough spot if you get hit. Also, you can't use a clear mind gem without the ring.

I would say unless you are really struggling for damage to just hold off on wrath until you can get the ring. It will become more affordable since the price will drop as the league goes on and/or you gain more currency.

Also, I could be wrong on this so if someone else with more experience could confirm that would be great.

I think you're right, I just took MoM so I'm probably going to go back to using clarity instead of wrath.
"
OskieBoy wrote:

I think you're right, I just took MoM so I'm probably going to go back to using clarity instead of wrath.

EW make Wrath free, whats a point?

and without wrath things too slow
Can this build do all the end game bosses?
im sorry if this is answered in the post somewhere, but if totems are not minions why are we taking minion damage nodes?
"
Xzight wrote:

you didnt read anything, did ya?
"
ziggystardus1 wrote:
im sorry if this is answered in the post somewhere, but if totems are not minions why are we taking minion damage nodes?

Read page 5 .
"
Kross0m wrote:
"
Xzight wrote:

you didnt read anything, did ya?

I read the entire guide multiple times and he never mentions anything about Uber elder or Uber atziri so I'm not sure what you're implying.
I cleared all content in Delve league SSF with similar build, including deathless uber elder. So it's viable, not sure about how expensive this can be in this league for not SSF
"
Grumpyrock wrote:
If you have MoM and wrath without the ring you are going to be in a tough spot if you get hit. Also, you can't use a clear mind gem without the ring.

What are you talking about? Until you have Clear Mind or until your Life is much higher than Mana you can use Wrath without Essence Worm with no problem. If your Life is around 4k and Mana 2k it is absolutely normal to reserve 1k, because you will die from one huge hit with some mana still unabsorbed
(sry for strange englando its like my 4th language and by far my worst)

Hey guys, ima playin totem builds - at least for starting out - since this game exists so let me clarify sth pls. I see a lot of "new" players here complaining about the cost of the build. The meta is changing heavily every league in this game since Ascendancys, mechanics and skills get changed quite regularly. So this build, or more like the recommended endgame items, isnt quite cheap to achieve this league, especially not as a beginner. Its a very good build, but if u are just starting out or not that experienced in totem builds and u cant generate some early currency let me give u a tip for gettin arc totems red maps ready wo any effort. The experienced players know/do this but i dont know if the new players (maybe coming from a future mobile game) know this setup so im givin a short overview:

Use soul mantle as a body armour. Cost is 1c.
Use 2 x Kikazaru ring. Cost is like 1-2c per ring.
Use Self-Flagellation Jewel. Cost is like 5c. (like 15cish for a decent one)
(In this league u might even use three dragon mask early, its like 1 alch)

So for like 10c-20c (u easily get that with chaos recipe in a very short time) u are set to do red maps.

What this allows u to do is havin a 6l (5-linking ur soul mantle is pretty easy done with the currency uve found early mapping), u have good enough damage to clear everything (selfflag jewel is boosting ur dmg quite a lot and u dont need to use wrath that early allowin u to have a very easy to manage mom defense). And the most important thing is u will have 4 totems, i cant even stress out enough how much more comfortable this is compared to 3 totems (!).

What this does is bypassing having to get a good shaper chest and a +1 totem shield (and the price spiked ew). With the setup above u are set for pretty much all ur mapping desires and can work towards those items one by one. Or just amass enough currency with it to maybe play another build if u dont like to continue this one. But the build provided by op is very strong and can do everything the game throws at u so u might give it a try if u got a liking to the totem playstyle.
ign: BETTERGOTMAHONEY
Last edited by bamelam on Dec 11, 2018, 3:39:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info