3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

"
Aurell wrote:
"
Verseb wrote:
So, what's up with "+1 summoned totem" on veil shield ? We are totally screw... :/

if you would read the last pages... or just take a look at reddit, you would know that the mod is back

It is not yet i think??

They say its going to be back, patch notes didnt yet cover that they are actually bad...

Also the reddit post says keep ur veiled shields, what does that mean?
Does it mean keep ur good shields to craft the mod on it...
Or dont unveil shields until its patched?
"
Villes wrote:
"
The_Fatness wrote:
I was wondering if anyone could take a look at my gear and recommend where to focus my efforts. I am getting smashed above T8 maps.

I am trying to get the 5 link recipe for the crafting table, but I haven't found it yet in Delve and I am down to about depth 65. Unfortunately I only see Niko about every 25-30 maps.

I also am not paying 1 ex for an essence worm. I am starting to feel like it might be time to start a new char, but I am also very bad at this game and have no idea how to make my characters stronger with limited currency.

Buy Tabula. Huge difference between 4 and 6 links. Tabula and lvl 20 gems and you won't have any problems up to t15.

I have a tabula but can't afford to lose all the resists, I'd have to redo all my gear. Damage isn't really my issue, getting 1 shot is my issue.
FYI while leveling to Ancestral Bond, going with 1x Arc Totem + Storm Brand is a super smooth combo.
"
Cheydinhal wrote:
"
Aurell wrote:
"
Verseb wrote:
So, what's up with "+1 summoned totem" on veil shield ? We are totally screw... :/

if you would read the last pages... or just take a look at reddit, you would know that the mod is back

It is not yet i think??

They say its going to be back, patch notes didnt yet cover that they are actually bad...

Also the reddit post says keep ur veiled shields, what does that mean?
Does it mean keep ur good shields to craft the mod on it...
Or dont unveil shields until its patched?

yes, it's not there yet in the game, will be probably tomorrow or something, the idea is to keep any shields with unvield mods covered, to uncover them once the mod is live
I'm having a good time so far, been using this build as my starter as I don't like going through Acts twice, had no problem as it can get started pretty cheaply.

Damage is great even with shit wands I found on the ground. I think I'm lacking life rn but maybe it will get better with Uber Lab points. The 1% Regen per totem and 2 totems per cast are great qol.

I'm testing Multiple Totems Support, but am having mixed feelings about it, the Regen increase is good but I don't like having to cast it 3 times on mapping, I think it isn't worth it when you get access to +1 totem shield.

Lastly, I'm loving Marylene's Fallacy, it's becoming one of my favourite Uniques, Culling with that absurd crit multi is very fun.
I'll throw my cents too.

So far, im not the best geared but casting 2x totems is perfectly enough for clearing, and bosses feel like a breeze. Uber lab is a joke with all those damage reductions, I can ignore all the traps and feel comfortable. Izaro just dies in few seconds. Im far far far from being optimized, but so far, it feels like 4 times better than my previous blade vortex build. Thanks!

here is a video from a uber lab clear, solo.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6md3VFtyuk

BR,
Adam
Last edited by Aurell on Dec 11, 2018, 2:52:29 PM
So guys, I'm at a crossroads. I love both builds, but I one of those weird players that uses the same build pretty much the whole season and likes to take a build and push it to end game.

That being said, I can easily change from Arc Totems to Glacial Cascade Totems (specifically Thiens), but I would like some opinions on what you think might be better to push for end game?

I keep seeing that GC Totems is better for boss killing, so I am thinking about switching.

What do you all think? Suggestions for other builds are more than welcome as well!

"
Aurell wrote:
I'll throw my cents too.

So far, im not the best geared but casting 2x totems is perfectly enough for clearing, and bosses feel like a breeze. Uber lab is a joke with all those damage reductions, I can ignore all the traps and feel comfortable. Izaro just dies in few seconds. Im far far far from being optimized, but so far, it feels like 4 times better than my previous blade vortex build. Thanks!

BR,
Adam

What damage reduction are you referring to? I just did the 3rd lab last night and standing in one trap is a 1 or 2 shot if immortal call is on cooldown.
"
The_Fatness wrote:
"
Aurell wrote:
I'll throw my cents too.

BR,
Adam

What damage reduction are you referring to? I just did the 3rd lab last night and standing in one trap is a 1 or 2 shot if immortal call is on cooldown.

effective hp... normal hp + energy shield + mana, + reductions from gear make this a breeze, almost non existant, i just run through traps making them non existant for me, no problems whatsoever.
Last edited by Aurell on Dec 11, 2018, 3:58:28 PM
I think my issue with the build isn't the fault of the build but the league. This is supposed to be a cheap build but supposedly getting the +1 totem now costs 3 EX, and for some reason Essence Worms are hovering at 55 chaos, and clear mind jewels are just below or at an EX. You are already looking at 4 ish EX for something that used to cost you 10-15C. Add in the cost for a good Soul Mantle and you are in the 4.5/5 EX range and havn't accounted for needing good rares to scale the build. Even without the Soul Mantle, this is in the 4 ex range for something that used to be 'cheap'.

It feels like investing that same currency into an BV/Winter Orb character will just get you further and you will have a better map grinder in the end. Part of this isn't GGG's fault (some of the item rarity costs skyrocketing) but the shield craft cost certainly is.
Last edited by faytte on Dec 11, 2018, 4:06:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info