3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

"
CamelotKid wrote:
Hi Bourgee,

Thank-you for posting the Freezing Pulse build. I'm using it with good success so far. I have some questions about your PoB skill tree on the Freezing Pulse build.

1. Two nodes down from Ancestral Bond, why do you take "Totem Placement Speed and Brand Range" instead of "Totem Attack and Cast Speed, Brand Frequency"? The latter, according to PoB, gives way more damage!

2. According to PoB, the 4 points spent on the two First Snow Cobalt Jewels give very little damage in comparison with other options such as Nimbleness (which would also cost 4 points to obtain from your lvl 70 skill tree). Why include the two First Snow jewels? Is PoB not displaying their damage correctly?

1. this is a mistake so just take the castspeed node instead.

2. the jewels makes it fir more projs = way more aoe clear, it's not for dmg.
Just killed uber elder.
"
Just killed uber elder.

Running a similar set up but using multiple totem support. Do you use the Self Flagellation Jewel? With the extra damage from that I'm getting some ridiculous damage numbers.

yes. I"m using both clear mind and self-flagellation.
Just want to say thanks for the build! This is the first build I've taken into late game, and things have been going well so far.

Spoiler

===============================
InGame: DLP_RandomBK
I decided to try Divine Ire totems - and wow! - DPS is nuts.

Easy deathless Beachhead.

Divine Ire has some interesting mechanics - charging up and dealing damage to nearby mobs and then unleashing a powerful beam. It's a very unique, fun to play spell.
Hi guys,
I have a dude for body armor Inpulsa's Broken Heart. It is working when totem cast the spell??? in my case arc??

Regards
"
Kakarotssj wrote:
Hi guys,
I have a dude for body armor Inpulsa's Broken Heart. It is working when totem cast the spell??? in my case arc??

Regards

The modifiers on Inpulsa won't proc from totem damage.
Hello, thanks for the build, enjoying it a lot. This is my first real time playing poe and starting to hit some rough patches on maps at t12 and wanted to ask for some tips/critique/what I should change on my build so far. Explanations for why would also be greatly appreciated - I am still quite overwhelmed with all the things that go into crafting and modifying items, I've only done the basics like adding res or health and rerolling sockets. Should I just buy the exact items I want or is there some simple things I can do to my existing gear to optimize the crafting without much rng? Perhaps goals for health and mana I should reach? At 3k health and 2.5k mana atm. I know about resistances above 75%. How do I know I'm doing the damage I'm supposed to be doing? I heard in-game dps tooltip is not the greatest and I've only seen a weapon dps calculator so far. Anyways, quite the paragraph I've got here so far so I'll leave it at that. Anything that comes to mind that you think could help me out would be fantastic.
Last edited by topkekels on Mar 27, 2019, 4:46:08 AM
Spoiler
"
topkekels wrote:
Hello, thanks for the build, enjoying it a lot. This is my first real time playing poe and starting to hit some rough patches on maps at t12 and wanted to ask for some tips/critique/what I should change on my build so far. Explanations for why would also be greatly appreciated - I am still quite overwhelmed with all the things that go into crafting and modifying items, I've only done the basics like adding res or health and rerolling sockets. Should I just buy the exact items I want or is there some simple things I can do to my existing gear to optimize the crafting without much rng? Perhaps goals for health and mana I should reach? At 3k health and 2.5k mana atm. I know about resistances above 75%. How do I know I'm doing the damage I'm supposed to be doing? I heard in-game dps tooltip is not the greatest and I've only seen a weapon dps calculator so far. Anyways, quite the paragraph I've got here so far so I'll leave it at that. Anything that comes to mind that you think could help me out would be fantastic.

Hello, I dont know that much about this build but from my experience you should change few things. First change wrath to hatred and get a better dagger with spell dmg, critical strikes and most importantly with mod ''deal % of cold dmg as chaos dmg''. I hope this helps and others can add more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info