3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

I've played the budget version of this build into the 70s and am now wanting to upgrade for endgame. In researching options and prices, I made a list of common items this build needs along with their trade site links and average prices (as of 12/29/18). I might add to this list as I learn more.

I've read the past 15 pages or so of posts, and it seems there are three general setups.

1. Soule Mantle + Kikazaru + Self-Flagellation
2. Loreweave/Rare Chest + Essence Wurm (Wraith) + Clear Mind
3. Crafted rares + totem shield

Of course elements from these can be mixed, but this seems like the general breakdown.

Of the above, what would you recommend for ~10ex budget?

I'm leaning towards #1, as I'd love to try a 7-link main skill, but I don't want to make a significant investment that will end up hurting me in the long run. I'd like to be able to eventually do all content, including uber Elder and uber Atziri

Notes on the trade site links below:
* When possible, I filtered for above average and or upper-end rolls.
* General priority was life, mana, resists, increased lightning damage
* The price ranges are pretty variable. Lower rolled versions are usually available for around 1/2 the price I listed
* There are not many +1 totem shields right now. It seems like the best option is to buy/craft your own, then use a crafting service (base is 2ex) to add the totem mod.

Common build items, trade links, and cost

Trade site links and costs: Betrayal - Standard

Soul Mantle - 6L: 2.5ex - 3ex

Shimmeron Wand - 3L With high stats, uncorrupted: 5c

Loreweave Armor - 6L, uncorrupted, above average stats: 5ex - 6ex (3ex - 4ex for low to average stats)

Bone Helmet - 4L, 38%+ Minion Damage, good Life, Mana, and Resists: 30c - 1.5ex

Fossilised Spirit Shield - 3L, High spell damage, high spell crit, average life, average resists: 25c - 50c

Shields with +1 totem, life, and resist - any # of links: 1ex to 10ex, small selection

Kikazaru ring - Above average resist and + all attributes, near max mana regen: 2c - 10c

Stygen Vice Belt - 50%+ Lightning Damage, 20+ Life: 40c - 5ex

Aybss Jewel - 20+ avg lightning damage to spells, +life, +mana: 10c - 50c

Essense Worm Ring - Blue socket, all mods are fixed values: 8c - 10c

Atziri's Reflection Shield - curse immunity - No stat filter: 35ex - 50ex

The Wise Oak Potion - 15% resistance penetration: 55c - 65c (30c for 14%)

Self-Flagellation Jewel - High-end range of increased damage: 5c - 10c

Clear Mind Jewel - 27%+ Mana regen, 55%+ increased spell damage: 70c - 160c

Please let me know if you think there are any items I should add, or if any links don't work.
Last edited by GrimzEcho on Dec 29, 2018, 9:26:17 PM
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Betrayal/WmeG7Rcm

This might be worth looking through for your stygian belt. Max roles would be 2ex probably but it's worth a shot. Not sure it makes much difference damage wise from the jewel you posted. Plus your build will be slicing through endgame content anyway.

I found that soul mantel with essence worm, clear mind and this
works best for me but my gear still needs a lot of work. :) It's cheap to get both kikazaru- self-flagellation and an essence worm. So, you can try them out and see which you prefer. I had higher dps with the essence worm and I don't even have a clear mind jewel.

But yea it all looks good to me.
Last edited by Zorven on Dec 29, 2018, 9:51:18 PM
"
Zorven wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Betrayal/WmeG7Rcm

This might be worth looking through for your stygian belt. Max roles would be 2ex probably but it's worth a shot. Not sure it makes much difference damage wise from the jewel you posted. Plus your build will be slicing through endgame content anyway.

I found that soul mantel with essence worm, clear mind and this
works best for me.

So you are only mitigating curses with flasks? tbh, I'm a little scared of that. I'm not the best with flask management, and it seems that it would get in the way of speed mapping. How bad are the curses in terms of non-boss fights? Do you typically just hit a flask ever five seconds? Or is it more of a situational thing where you notice the curses affecting you and clear them.

What about running 1 essence worm and 1 Kikazaru, then using curse removal flask on boss fights if needed (although that would lower my DPS...)_
it's not as bad as it seems,i have my curse removal on my quicksilver flask so i constantly press it anyway to move fast and it removes curses as well.
"
Tradgikly wrote:

Also what would be next in line after this amulet do you guys suppose?

Your amulet decreases my dmg compared to this amulet.
I found a Command of the Pit in Delve mine Abyss Lich.

Is this good upgrade compare to my Fingerless silk?

According to PoB the CotP give 5k total dps compare to fingerless but lowered my hp by 100 without jewel, currently at 4.6K.

Which jewel should I socket, Ghastly or Hypnotic? Does the Arcane surge on hit (Hypnotic) trigger with arc totem?
"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."
Last edited by boyandroid on Dec 30, 2018, 6:02:54 AM
"
boyandroid wrote:

According to PoB the CotP give 5k total dps compare to fingerless but lowered my hp by 100 without jewel, currently at 4.6K.

Which jewel should I socket, Ghastly or Hypnotic? Does the Arcane surge on hit (Hypnotic) trigger with arc totem?

With 1 jewel, you can easily get 100hp back, but you lost lot of resistance and mana.

The Arcane Surge you get is lvl 1 only, not as good as the Arcane Surge + Conductivity combo.

I think Command is only worthy if you can find the 2 socket version (which is very expensive).

"
"
boyandroid wrote:

With 1 jewel, you can easily get 100hp back, but you lost lot of resistance and mana.

The Arcane Surge you get is lvl 1 only, not as good as the Arcane Surge + Conductivity combo.

I think Command is only worthy if you can find the 2 socket version (which is very expensive).

Thanks for the input. I'll just stick to my fingerless. I'm going to lose a lot of defense with CotP with little dps gain. My current dps is sufficient anyway.
"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."
Started playing this on SSF. Put this together to make looking for my linked items a little easier. Maybe others might find it useful too. The gem, the colour, and level you can get the gem.

Last edited by Orangedale on Dec 30, 2018, 8:14:44 AM
Would anybody mind taking a quick look at my Totem Arc build? (LightningBendingBitch)

I feel like i lack in hp and dps, idk what would help though

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info