Super Slow Mo! (All content! No uniques required! Perfect for new, SSF, & challenged gamers.) (3.4)

"
Kingx wrote:
hello again: got the filter working ty. i picked up the curse nods (10 in all), but where can i see if i get the 50 (Enfeeble) and 70% ( Temporal Chains)?
Glad you got it work! Let me know if it was anything on my end so I can fix the process.

Sooooo, for some reason, curses are one of those skills that don't update on the Tool Tip in game. So you'll never actually see the skill's numbers move...besides the base values. In my guide you'll see that I tried to figure out the math behind curse improvements as there isn't really anything for sure online regarding both quality and curse effect.

So you'll see the base values improve (as you add quality to the curse gems themselves and Enhance to Temporal Chains) but not as you start adding the curse improvements from the tree (or Blasphemy).

So you'll notice the difference in game, but you won't see the numbers change for everything unfortunately.

Also, I must correct myself. My guide is correct, but at some point I exaggerated a bit. The damage mitigation of Enfeeble will be at 45%, not 50%. I'm not sure where I got 50% from. So 45%, final answer. :)
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Oct 29, 2018, 1:59:30 PM
"
Nice find! It's fun to have the option to switch whenever you want. Let us know what you think after you've spent a good amount time with it.

Okay, here I am now. I tested Mon'tregul's Grasp for a couple of days and went back today for playing with 10 Zombies again. Maybe its a little mind trick, but I think that it's way smoother to play with 10 Zombies. Packs seem to be down faster.
"
Alayron wrote:
"
Nice find! It's fun to have the option to switch whenever you want. Let us know what you think after you've spent a good amount time with it.
Okay, here I am now. I tested Mon'tregul's Grasp for a couple of days and went back today for playing with 10 Zombies again. Maybe its a little mind trick, but I think that it's way smoother to play with 10 Zombies. Packs seem to be down faster.
I think you're right. The 10 zombies reacting to enemies seem to clear groups faster than with 5 zombies with a damage boost. I have been preferring the 10 zombies for most of the league as well. I've been playing this league a lot less than the other ones (which is too bad cause it's my favourite league so far (I think)) but my 10 zombies didn't even come close to dying against the Hydra a couple nights ago...and it was a fight where I zoned out lots. I didn't even think of Convocation.

Thanks for the feedback! I really hope you're enjoying it!

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Well, thank you everyone for your feedback regarding a second guide. The votes were pretty overwhelming for an RF character. So once the 3.5 patch notes are out in just over a month I'll start putting together a guide for those that are interested in a Righteous Fire character that doesn't need any unique items. I'll have a link to the 3.5 version of this guide added to these 3.4 replies and the guide itself so it's easy to find. I'll also have both the Slow Mo Zombies and RF character guides linked to each other once 3.5 is out. Anyway, Righteous Fire it is. It won't be Slow Motion, but it'll be awesome.

*The build for RF can currently sustain RF at level 55 with only normal items. But GGG may make changes that change that. So that being said, the RF build will only go forward if the changes coming to 3.5 still allow RF to be sustained without uniques. Good talk.

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Nov 1, 2018, 6:31:07 PM
Well, this is embarrassing: I made an error in my Temporal Chains slowing math. With all the curse nodes on the tree and Temporal Chains and Blasphemy at max level and quality, linking them with a Level 2 Enhance makes enemies 64.5% slower. When Enhance is at level 3 enemies are slowed to 70.5%. I'll fix this in the guide in a few days...or maybe for 3.5. But I'm aware of it. Sorry for the miscalculation.

Annnnnd

I have to agree with the findings of 10 zombies as compared to 5.
While the single-target DPS on paper is likely similar between the two, the in-game difference is definitely weighted towards crowd control and managing large numbers of enemy spawns.

I felt strong enough about having multiple defenders to mitigate incoming targets that I spent currency to swap out my unique 6-link chest piece for a rare 6-link chest that I could then enchant with +1 zombies (total of 11), and added a socketed ring to allow for Summon Skeleton with this build (they work well with my Earendel's Embrace weapon). This allows for the exact same build as detailed in the OP, but with an added bonus of 9 more skels to add DPS, taunt/distract/engage swarms, and they make awesome all-purpose fodder.

I summon 9 additional helpers before I open strongboxes, before I trigger delve encounters, and I conjure them as a distraction/taunt before I charged-dash into a full room or into a boss encounter.
They are incredibly cheap to summon mana-wise; you can effectively spam them indefinitely with even a very basic affix for mana regen.
Furthermore, you can direct your army of zombies to a specific location using Summon Skel the same way you can when you use CD. Just summon one in a room, and the zombies charge in. Very handy, and increases my survivability in tough encounters by leaps and bounds.

Lastly, if you want even more minions, I used the Lab enchant option to add "Trigger Edict of Reflection on hit" on my rare gloves. This little bonus summons a copy of yourself as a minion to charge into the fray with everyone else. Overall, this build gives me 21 potential minions on the field while still using the core Slow-Mo build.

I'm still having a total blast with this character, and am currently mapping in the tier 7-8 range. Looking forward to some end-game boss encounters soon.
Last edited by AbsoluteZero45967 on Nov 1, 2018, 12:38:12 PM
"
I have to agree with the findings of 10 zombies as compared to 5.
While the single-target DPS on paper is likely similar between the two, the in-game difference is definitely weighted towards crowd control and managing large numbers of enemy spawns.
Very true. Playing always tells a different story than the paper version.

"
...I spent currency to swap out my unique 6-link chest piece for a rare 6-link chest that I could then enchant with +1 zombies (total of 11)
Somebody's a Money Bags ;)

"
...and added a socketed ring to allow for Summon Skeleton...bonus of 9 more skels to add DPS, taunt/distract/engage swarms, and they make awesome all-purpose fodder. I summon 9 additional helpers before I open strongboxes, before I trigger delve encounters, and I conjure them as a distraction/taunt before I charged-dash into a full room or into a boss encounter....you can direct your army of zombies to a specific location using Summon Skel the same way you can when you use CD.
I love that you're taking the build to your preferences. I really like skeletons but couldn't add them to my version. When I have too many minions I get too nauseous. (Are you using Vaal Summon Skeletons?) Do you find you still use the movement skill a lot with skeletons or does it sort of take its place? I love that summoned minions direct the raised ones. I'm glad you mentioned it to everyone.

"
Lastly, if you want even more minions, I used the Lab enchant option to add "Trigger Edict of Reflection on hit" on my rare gloves. This little bonus summons a copy of yourself as a minion to charge into the fray with everyone else. Overall, this build gives me 21 potential minions on the field while still using the core Slow-Mo build.
Sweet addition. More the merrier. I'd bail on zombies in a heartbeat if I could get an army of clones of my character instead :).

"
I'm still having a total blast with this character, and am currently mapping in the tier 7-8 range. Looking forward to some end-game boss encounters soon.
I'm really glad you're enjoying it. Thanks for such positive feedback!

(To everyone: This build has received a lot of positive compliments this league (thank you) but please don't feel like you can't give any edifying remarks as well. The better this build gets...the better! ;)

Annnnnd

"
Somebody's a Money Bags ;)

I got lucky and found an ex last week, so I decided to splurge. :)
The ex does me no good in the stash! haha

"
When I have too many minions I get too nauseous. (Are you using Vaal Summon Skeletons?) Do you find you still use the movement skill a lot with skeletons or does it sort of take its place? I love that summoned minions direct the raised ones. I'm glad you mentioned it to everyone.

The screen does indeed get busy with a lot of minions, but the core playstyle for this build doesn't change. It's just that I have more potential targets taking hits off of me than I would with just 10-11 zombies.

I'm not using Vaal Skels, but I could give it a try someday.
EDIT:
Ok, I bought a Vaal Skel gem and this is much better. :) Thank you once again for the great suggestion.

I still use CD for movement 95% of the time. Only when I see a specific room, box, or encounter that looks very dangerous do I summon a bunch of skels into the area first (which forces the zombies in too) to start the engagement and draw aggro - before I CD in and apply EE.

"
(To everyone: This build has received a lot of positive compliments this league (thank you) but please don't feel like you can't give any edifying remarks as well. The better this build gets...the better! ;)

Honestly I have very, very few complaints or concerns with this build. It's rock-steady and very easy/relaxing to play. I haven't tried shaper/elder yet, but I believe others have already dropped those bosses with this build.
My only issue has been getting enough Life to avoid some of the map boss one-shots. I haven't been outright killed yet, but a few times I've been dropped to near death and it can be spooky. But, this is simply a function of taking Life passives (I took too many minion DPS passives first, and am now playing Life catch-up) and buying more gear with +Life, which most every player in the game has to do as well. :)
Shooting for a 5k life pool is my goal, which I should get with more passives.

Last edited by AbsoluteZero45967 on Nov 2, 2018, 9:09:31 PM
Hi , Triniparty . Thank you for the build . I like it a lot , a ton of fun.
To those people -who dies until they gear up- i recommend to use quartz flask with increased dur. mod , give a try to a buffed phase run gem , also on low lvl areas/maps- you can add to your chest summon phantasm on kill support , so zombies will be way more aggressive and you could stand aside (esp. helped me in the mines).

I also want to use animate guardian with cheap uniques (victario's flight aura -10% ms to all and dying breath staff-which should improve curses , right? ) , i leveled his gem to lvl 20 and he did not die like ever (but you def. should unraise him on t15+ maps ) .

I'm a new player , so gear crafting is not that obvious to me atm . Triniparty , what do you suggest to use besides essences of Fear ? I heard delve mod which gives mod ( nearby enemies 9% physical damage) is insane. And i've bought non-corrupted rare 6 link chest, what's the best craft mod for this build? Just more life/res for more flexibility in gear or +1 zombie mod?

Thank you in advance . Looking forward to your other builds, cheers .
"
Hi , Triniparty . Thank you for the build . I like it a lot , a ton of fun.
I'm glad you like it!

"
To those people -who dies until they gear up- i recommend to use quartz flask with increased dur. mod , give a try to a buffed phase run gem , also on low lvl areas/maps- you can add to your chest summon phantasm on kill support , so zombies will be way more aggressive and you could stand aside (esp. helped me in the mines).
Great suggestions! I always encourage people to go slow and take their time in story section of the game...but that being said, I just can't wait to level...so the faster I get there (and still having fun) the better :).

"
I also want to use animate guardian with cheap uniques (victario's flight aura -10% ms to all and dying breath staff-which should improve curses , right? ) , i leveled his gem to lvl 20 and he did not die like ever (but you def. should unraise him on t15+ maps ) .
Awesome. I really like Animate Guardian. Regarding the uniques you mentioned: Victario's Flight will only benefit the Guardian except the 10% increased movement speed for allies. That'll affect you and your zombies. The mod where 5 to 10% damage goes to mana first would only apply to the Guardian I believe...and honestly, I'm not sure if guardians have mana or not. Dying Breath is a great weapon to equip on every guardian. But keep in mind not all of the weapon mods will be helpful. Most of them will only affect the skills that the wielder casts/sustains. And since guardians can't cast skills, the only mods that will be helpful (which as still very useful!) are "nearby enemies have 18% increased effect of curses on them" and "nearby enemies gain 18% increased damage".

I don't mean to be a downer though. I'd likely equip those two uniques on the Guardian as well!

"
I'm a new player , so gear crafting is not that obvious to me atm . Triniparty , what do you suggest to use besides essences of Fear ? I heard delve mod which gives mod ( nearby enemies 9% physical damage) is insane. And i've bought non-corrupted rare 6 link chest, what's the best craft mod for this build? Just more life/res for more flexibility in gear or +1 zombie mod?
Regarding the Essences of Fear, they are still your best option for minion specific rares if you're not going Delve. The hard thing about them is that Fear only guarantees the minion specific roll. So you may not get Life or Resists. If you're playing delve, you can craft some great stuff for really cheap. I just used the one socket resonators. I have a mace that gives +79% increase to minion damage. That's essentially 50% better than the best (Deafening) Essence of Fear could give me. If you're new to crafting, play with the one handed weapons a bit. They are the least important part of the build for us but anything beneficial would be helpful. (In other words, it's ok to screw up while crafting your weapon :).)

For your chest it really depends on how many suffix and prefix are already on the item. I'm sorry if you know this, but it may help others: You can have three Suffix and three Prefix on any rare. To find out how many you have of each, while highlighting the rare, hold ALT (or press the left analog down like a button on the Xbox). If you already have three of either "-fix" you cannot add a fourth. You'll notice you can't stack mods either. So if your item rolled "+10 to maximum health", you can't add the same mod again, even if you have an extra prefix slot. So it depends what you have left. I've been preferring the 10 zombie route, so I found a 6 link that had space for the extra zombie node. But If you had the prefix slot, either Health or the increase to the Zombie limit. For a Suffix? Either Dex or resists, whichever you need the most. I'd say Dex. But you could always buy a sweet chest piece for your Guardian that has a free prefix spot and add the "Equipped Animated Guardian drops item on death" mod. Then you'd never lose the chest piece.

"
Thank you in advance . Looking forward to your other builds, cheers .
Thanks. Me too. :)

On a side note, have you tried equipping a Dying Breath yourself as well? Then all the unique's mods would apply. Not sure if that interests you or if it's viable with your gear.

Thanks for the message! Let me know if you need anything else or if I forgot something.

EDIT: Some mods that roll on items are "split". A little bit of this, and little bit of that. So let's say a mod is split adding "# to Maximum Life and something else" you can still add "maximum life" mod via crafting. So you can stack mods that way if you have the "-fix" space.

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Nov 3, 2018, 11:44:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info