Mirkulas BV Chieftain 3.4 Build (1.Chieftain SSF Flashback)

What would you recommend for a scion version?
Hey dude, nice build :)

What is the skill gem priority for Blade Vortex, for someone who only has 4link or 5link?

Thanks
zzz
For 4 link I went BV + ele focus + controlled des + (either spell echo or faster casting depending on pref)

For 5 i had Added Fire Dmg. You could always swap Increase AOE if you feel the range isn't good enough at 5L

Question to those with a shaped scepter with extra phys as fire, what Catarina enchant should i go with?
I can add either prefix or suffix currently.

"
For 4 link I went BV + ele focus + controlled des + (either spell echo or faster casting depending on pref)

For 5 i had Added Fire Dmg. You could always swap Increase AOE if you feel the range isn't good enough at 5L

Question to those with a shaped scepter with extra phys as fire, what Catarina enchant should i go with?
I can add either prefix or suffix currently.

Spell dmg is best dmg wise. You get flat dmg from abyss jewels.
But you can also go vagan attack speed.

Who is playing this build in 3.4? I am, since I didn't take part in the BV meta last league.

I'm having a hard time getting a rhythm down. I usually start a map by spinning up my BV stacks, then quicksilver to the first pack, then shield charge, spin up some charges, shield charge to the next pack, spin up some charges, etc. It does feel kind of clunky, though--any input?
Thanks Mirkula for the build. It's fast, cheap to get started, and a lot of fun.

This is my first league primarily using BV. Just got into maps. The playstale feels really smooth for me wiith both skill duration nodes, spell echo, and Brightbreak.

I usually press 2-3 times to get 4-6 stacks when I start out and shield charge to the first pack. Press 1-2 times and charge the next pack. If the packs are close, I skip casting BV and just charge into the next pack and recast a couple times there.

After a while, you get into a rhythm and it's a lot of fun keeping up the rotation.

I'm lazy and I only use the quicksilver when I need to cover large distances. I also am too lazy to use orb of storms except on bosses or rares so I took out elemental focus and put in combustion for the endurance charges. The damage is good enough for white maps.
"
jinkas wrote:
Who is playing this build in 3.4? I am, since I didn't take part in the BV meta last league.

I'm having a hard time getting a rhythm down. I usually start a map by spinning up my BV stacks, then quicksilver to the first pack, then shield charge, spin up some charges, shield charge to the next pack, spin up some charges, etc. It does feel kind of clunky, though--any input?

Do you have spell echo and both duration clusters? I only have to refresh charges once in a while. Alo you may replace elemental focus with combustion. and instead of orb of storms you can try the new flame dash linked to arcane surge for going small distances fast.
"
Asymetricals wrote:
Thanks Mirkula for the build. It's fast, cheap to get started, and a lot of fun.

This is my first league primarily using BV. Just got into maps. The playstale feels really smooth for me wiith both skill duration nodes, spell echo, and Brightbreak.

I usually press 2-3 times to get 4-6 stacks when I start out and shield charge to the first pack. Press 1-2 times and charge the next pack. If the packs are close, I skip casting BV and just charge into the next pack and recast a couple times there.

After a while, you get into a rhythm and it's a lot of fun keeping up the rotation.

I'm lazy and I only use the quicksilver when I need to cover large distances. I also am too lazy to use orb of storms except on bosses or rares so I took out elemental focus and put in combustion for the endurance charges. The damage is good enough for white maps.

Glad to hear you have a good time. Good idea using combustion instead of elemental focus if zour dmg is ok. I never had problems keeping end charges up with orb of storms here and there.
Very Nice build i followed your guide to maps but i have a different playstyle to yours, so i kind of went on mathil's build Here is my Gear
Gotta Go Fast!!! :)
Last edited by Roffy19 on Sep 4, 2018, 8:13:26 PM
Awesome build, changed some things on the tree and it's still very tanky and dealing a ton of damage, I'm "semi-ssf", so I haven't get a Loreweave yet, and I can just kill shaper with a tabula. Farmed a lot of labs, got the 30% duration and I can maintain my bv for 11 seconds. Crafted a GG mace and most of my gear and jewels. Very Solid even without all gear.

Last edited by leolarizza on Sep 5, 2018, 2:26:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info