outdated

I plan on running something similar. Im going to be avoiding a 6link HoAgony though. Ill keep the 4L in with Embalmer gloves. Havent decided if I want to lose life on chest with a calamity either. Im thinking Yriels fostering or snake kintsugi. That means ill only require 1 6link.

so I was thinking the following for links

Bow (Lioneyes) - CA + GMP + Lesser Poison + Viscous Proj + Vile Toxins + MA

Gloves - HoAgony + Minion Damage + GMP + Faster Attacks

Helm - Faster Attacks + Blink Arrow // (maybe Blood Rage)

Boots - Spell Totem + Wither + Faster Casting + Inc Duration or Portal (depends on MP cost)

Armor - IC + CWDT + flame golem // Vaal Haste // Vaal Grace - not sure.

If I were to run calamity i would probably add a blasphemy despair
Last edited by jtekco on Aug 30, 2018, 4:04:41 AM
Is this Poison based? Or DoT?

Im confused. (maybe its a stupid question).
One interesting high-end option for bow crafting could be the hybrid elder mod "Socketed Gems are Supported by Level # Physical Projectile Attack Damage / #% increased Physical Damage"

Assuming of course that the PPAD in the mod is updated to be Vicious Projectiles. You could get a 7-link +3 bow for CA.
"
Rake7 wrote:
"
Stubby83 wrote:
CA now explodes on impact with attack damage prior to chaos DoT. So GMP or Volley adds more explode on impact area damage plus multiple chaos DoT areas. ZiggyD explains it better. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meGSSYCDdQ0

Yeah, but that damage will be non-existent if you use the common Caustic Arrow setups which are going for a lvl 28 Caustic Arrow as far as i understood it.

So you only use GMP, Volley ect if you aim for a high pdps bow at cost of the dot damage. But i still don´t know if that will be good enough compared to the dot focus.

Attack explosions are physical so a high pdps bow gives high initial hit that allows for stuns and leech. Something old CA didn't do.More balanced approach with instant damage and DoT than old CA with mostly DoT. GMP does steer towards high pdps bow but it also helps stack virulence with more changes to inflict poison and keep the crawler around longer with HAG. Love the acronym for Herald of Agony.
"
jtekco wrote:
I plan on running something similar. Im going to be avoiding a 6link HoAgony though. Ill keep the 4L in with Embalmer gloves. Havent decided if I want to lose life on chest with a calamity either. Im thinking Yriels fostering or snake kintsugi. That means ill only require 1 6link.

so I was thinking the following for links

Bow (Lioneyes) - CA + GMP + Lesser Poison + Viscous Proj + Vile Toxins + MA

Gloves - HoAgony + Minion Damage + GMP + Faster Attacks

Helm - Faster Attacks + Blink Arrow // (maybe Blood Rage)

Boots - Spell Totem + Wither + Faster Casting + Inc Duration or Portal (depends on MP cost)

Armor - IC + CWDT + flame golem // Vaal Haste // Vaal Grace - not sure.

If I were to run calamity i would probably add a blasphemy despair

Well gmp reduces caustic cloud’s damage now since “projectile damage modifier applies to dot” so it may not worth it
"
Balantakos wrote:
Is this Poison based? Or DoT?

Im confused. (maybe its a stupid question).

Damage comes from dot but you need poison chance so your hit summons HoAg minion which seems broken AF, also you need a lot of hit to keep those HoAg stacks up
Pierce works on explosions so you can get multiple AoE explosions along the path to impact for CA cloud effect. Also, Withering Touch support is phys to chaos conversion so it scales best of pdps bow. Makes good old Drillneck as leveler to make explosion damage with pierce high through the mid levels while working to scale chaos DoT.
Herald of agony have "minion tag" so +2 minion helement should work with it. It's should be possible to make it lvl 28 ( lvl 21 gem + 2minion helment + 2 aura coruption + lvl 4 empower). Also bone helment can be nice for pseudo enchantment (minions deal 30-40% increased damage)

I'm thinking to scale both attack dmg with high pdps bow and dot dmg with +2/3 7l bow.

Elder quiver have mod 20% chance to poison on hit.

Vaal blight with Spreading Rot can be nice chaos dmg boost (45% + 13% from jewel)can be put in cwdt, ic, inc durration.

I'm usually online at 18 gmt +1
"
assajocuna wrote:
You only have 10% poison chance with maybe 20% more with herald buff. How will you maintain virulence stack without gmp and low poison chance?

I'm at 30% (without Herald). You can get a lot of chance to poison from jewels too. We kinda have to wait and test if that's fine.
Anyone know what kind of damage the minion scales off of? The tool tip doesn't really say if it's physical or chaos. I was hoping to make a build that lets the minion do all the damage while I just spread poison.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info