Added 22 new Labyrinth enchantments

Please check the stats of your suggestions. Spending a 20% gem to only choose skill color is far from being sufficient. You would need on average 300 20% gems to get the enchantment that you need. That's ridiculous too. The stats should be closer to 100 tries without cost, and less than 50 with a heavy cost.
"
kaepae wrote:
It makes people mostly put them on the best generic helmet as a result, which is just ugly to me.

Totally agree. I don't want Starkonja's Head Silken Hood or Devoto's Devotion Nightmare Bascinet. Stop trying to make that happen. I don't care if it's 1 chaos. I'm not buying that crap.
"
MikeHoncho wrote:
Someone on reddit had a great idea of using divine vessels as a storage device for enchants that could be sold and applied to any item. This would be great imo, and extremely helpful for people looking for non-meta enchantments that are impossible to find on good items.

I like that idea.
"
Please check the stats of your suggestions. Spending a 20% gem to only choose skill color is far from being sufficient. You would need on average 300 20% gems to get the enchantment that you need. That's ridiculous too. The stats should be closer to 100 tries without cost, and less than 50 with a heavy cost.

why not 10 tries without cost and 5 with heavy cost? or first try by executing a specific dance around the altar? these arbitrary numbers people state as facts ("should be x" as if this was a statistical analysis) really grind my gears (no pun intended).
I am not stating those numbers as absolute fact. I am just trying to point out that grinding hundreds of times the labyrinth is too much.
It all boils down to how long you want players to grind for a specific enchantment. 300 attempts to get your enchantment, supposing you are spending 20 minutes per run, is 100 hours. If you spend an average of 3 hours per day playing PoE, that's more than a month spent on something else than the league content.
All these numbers can be up for discussion, but the important point is that people don't understand how abyssmally low the odds are and need to check the end result of their suggestions.
"
I am not stating those numbers as absolute fact. I am just trying to point out that grinding hundreds of times the labyrinth is too much.
It all boils down to how long you want players to grind for a specific enchantment. 300 attempts to get your enchantment, supposing you are spending 20 minutes per run, is 100 hours. If you spend an average of 3 hours per day playing PoE, that's more than a month spent on something else than the league content.
All these numbers can be up for discussion, but the important point is that people don't understand how abyssmally low the odds are and need to check the end result of their suggestions.

I think the option to choose 1 out of 3 enchant options is plenty.

Here is the thing, i don't wan't people to suddenly be able to farm their specific desired enchant, but i do want to make the player experience of farming enchants to be better.
If you provide a player with 3 options to choose from this already happens since there will be better and worse ones in those 3, so he will pick "the best one" out of the 3 resulting in a good experience.

It's like, i never farm enchants to get the 1/900 that i need, if it happens hell yeah i would be happy, but if i get a single enchant that positively impacts my build i will already be very glad with that result.

It's like playing arc and getting an "increased wrath aura effect" enchant. It's not that epic "oh my gawd" feeling of an extra chain, but it's still a "feelsgoodman" moment.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Ok, Boem. I understand your point of view, and believe it is reasonable. Yet I still think with this basis it remains important to run the maths.

How many enchantments do you believe correspond to that definition, and how often should a character hit it?

PS: I've double-checked for the amount of helm enchantments and my first count was erroneous, as it included both versions of the enchantments. The right count is around 450. I have the same count issue with gloves and boots, making those alot easier to get.
"
Ok, Boem. I understand your point of view, and believe it is reasonable. Yet I still think with this basis it remains important to run the maths.

How many enchantments do you believe correspond to that definition, and how often should a character hit it?

PS: I've double-checked for the amount of helm enchantments and my first count was erroneous, as it included both versions of the enchantments. The right count is around 450. I have the same count issue with gloves and boots, making those alot easier to get.

All enchantments correspond to that definition.

If you give a person an option out of 3, there will always be "the most desired one out of the three options".(since we inherently compare as human beings)

It's this action of comparing the options that results in the "feelsgoodman". Doesn't imply you will always find a solid enchant, but it does imply you will have always picked(on a personal level) the best out of 3.

Peace,

-Boem-
What about when you get 3 picks that have litterally nothing to do with your build?
"
What about when you get 3 picks that have litterally nothing to do with your build?

there will still be the best out of the 3 uselles ones. Maybe for another build concept, maybe for the market etc, like i said in my previous post on a personal level you will assign the value and take the "best" option.

Peace,

-Boem-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info