Path of Exile: Delve Patch Notes

So uh.

Did those Minefield changes go AWOL?
I dislike this, it take away too much fun while not providing much new content.
Static Strike
Now when you hit an enemy with Static Strike, you will gain a buff which causes you to frequently hit nearby enemies with beams, dealing attack damage. The beams deal more damage while you are moving than while you are stationary. The buff can stack up to three times, increasing the frequency with which the beams strike.
Deals 100% of base damage at gem level 1, up to 146% at gem level 20.
Beams deal 60% less damage while stationary, and 40% less while moving. This penalty drops slightly as the gem levels.
Beams can hit up to 4 targets at gem level 1, and up to 6 at gem level 20.
The base buff duration is 4 seconds, and each stack increases the beam's striking frequency (which is every 0.4 seconds) by 10%.

Might be my new fav skill.
Last edited by Xenombra on Aug 28, 2018, 9:39:46 PM
so im going down from 60% to ~22% spell block.

wow
Unknown rule type: SetFondSize
So... Nerf to Elemental Hit, -BUT- no nerf to Chin Sol, nor a nerf to Deadeye.

Congrats, you've successfully calcified a meta:

• Conversion Ele hit is now MANDATORY to use with Chin Sol; previously you could still get usable (but not OP) DPS with other weapons. Now with that DPS hit, (especially hard since lightning damage, the biggest chunk, gets hit TWICE due to converting some of it through cold damage) you've hit ALL builds.

• This ALSO guts the prior barely-viable cold-only build, as THEIR damage goes down, too.

• This does NOTHING to improve the desirability of tri-Elemental hit. Only 0.93% of Ele Hit users (less than 0.1% of all characters) bothered using it this way. This number does NOT improve here whatsoever. Did you guys not even bother to think about this side, or just listen to the Reddit-type whining about the AoF version?

• The ranged meta is still passively overpowered. Tailwind, Ricochet, and Point Blank are a HUGELY powerful combination, that lets a Deadeye reach 1+ million DPS with minimal gear investment on a wide range of skills.

• Nerfing KB and Ele Hit still leaves Tornado Shot and Barrage. Expect those two to be MASSIVELY over-used in Delve.

• Also no nerf to Arc; the Shimmeron nerf was an improvement, but still doesn't fix that even self-cast arc is super-powerful; hell, even WITHOUT Shimmeron, Arc traps and totems are stupidly good.

• Translation: expect nothing to change in the meta, but built diversity will go DOWN. Congrats on the knee-jerk response that will fix nothing.

This is an example of GGG balance at their worst: a "water-level" shift that drowns everything that wasn't ALREADY the meta, to make the "meta" numerically less strong overall, but STILL just as much stronger as the alternatives. (see also: the huge buff to boss HP a year or two ago, that gave us the "boss skip meta," instead of, y'know, making sub-million-DPS builds viable)

On top of that, who asked for Static Strike to be re-made into a watered-down clone of Arc? It WON'T fix its under-usage, and ruins builds that ALREADY used it before.
  • Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
    Last edited by ACGIFT on Aug 28, 2018, 9:47:50 PM
    "
    Vaal Soul Gain Prevention time is now modified by modifiers to skill duration and buff duration if those modifiers in some way affect the associated skill. For example, reducing the duration of Vaal Earthquake will also reduce the Vaal Soul Gain Prevention time, while increasing the duration of Vaal Haste will increase the Vaal Soul Gain Prevention time.

Funny how they didn't mentioned that this greatly affects vaal spark in a negative way...
    Last edited by Archangell on Aug 28, 2018, 11:52:32 PM
    "
    Level 4: Alternate of Same Tier (Costs 1 Chaos Orb): Requires a Rare map. Opens a random Rare map of the same tier, excluding the map you placed in the device.

You fixed the unlocking the Atlas problem my wife and I encounter (we hate trading!!!); I love you.
    Last edited by Chima on Aug 28, 2018, 10:16:13 PM
    when we gonna have our "remove only" map stash really removed?
    ...If It Bleeds We Can Kill It...
    Bye bye, Shimmeron. We'll miss you!
    "
    Husk1 wrote:
    >the "Azurite" Mine's
    ok you guys arent even trying at this point

Neither are you, apparently.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azurite

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info