3.7 In-Depth Ice Golems Guide - Snowybois - On Hiatus for 3.8

"
Sv3rr3 wrote:
Utopian238, you mention that "once you are ready to respec out of left minion wheel". Assuming you meaning Spiritual Aid and Redemption.

What define that you are ready to respec out of it?

I'm hatred MoM.

PS: Loving the build! :)

Yep Spiritual Aid

Once you're high enough level that you can replace the minion wheel with more primordial harmony jewels and have your command of the pit or a fully leveled warbanner for the accuracy.

Your final tree should look something similar to this. Plenty of points can be swapped around, but in final gear more jewels > Spiritual Aid.

https://pastebin.com/S1F4u3WJ

You can give up Sacrifice as well if you have abyss jewels with minion resistances or don't care about resummoning golems on occasion.
"
Utopian238 wrote:
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Any hints on Minotaur? tried enfeeble, determination.
Maybe temp chains?
Ice golems drop pretty quickly.
Minion life support and drop minion damage support?

Must've been a super rippy map if he's killing level 21/level 3 empower ice golems. That being said, toss on a skullhead or a grace aura, and run an abyss gem with minions blind/taunt.

With your setup, they have plenty of life so the only reason they're dying in that fight is not enough harmonies for regen/not enough time between hits taken. More block/more evasion for the golems will help with that.

3 Eminence probably sims better for you but another Harmony will make them tankier in fights like that.

The min-life roll on your primordial chain hurts a bit but shouldn't be enough that the golems are dying.

Another note is you can save 2 points by taking the 1 int node SE of Quick Recovery, Drop the dex/str and Sanctity nodes. Sanctity is a great notable but not worth 2 minor life nodes imo. Hope those changes help.

"
What's the priority on gear and jewels? I have 2 labs done, my chain( a pretty decent one actually. ) 1 Harmony and 1 might. Clayshaper with Max health roll. Tabula. Should I be focusing on an anima stone or more harmonies first? I'm still using flame golems but I'm wondering of it's time to switch to ice.

You should be ready to switch to ice now if you've leveled their support gems up. Get 2 more Harmonies and then try to get your anima stone.

I have also run few minotaur maps where mino kills ice golems fast.
Last edited by Korpivaellus on Mar 20, 2019, 3:19:30 PM
"
Korpivaellus wrote:

I have also run few minotaur maps where mino kills ice golems fast.

Your setup needs Empower 3 > Ruthlessness. Also like I said above, make sure you get minions taunt/blind on jewels.

Grats on that chest it's super nice.
"
Utopian238 wrote:
Your gear is looking super good, buy a 21/0 summon ice golem while you level up your 18/20. Level 21 vs 18 will be a big jump in damage compared to your investment.

I'm 92 now, with 5K HP and 2000 mana (1800 with war banner)
I've 4 ice golem gems on levelling for having a 21/20.
I try to craft a body with maim 1 and big pool life (>100).

"
Utopian238 wrote:
Are you liking leap slam more than shield charge in your fortify setup?

I prefer leap slam for jump. I have a flask with phasing & a quick flask.
I dont play very fast so it's fine for me.
Ten Thousand Ways To Die ...
A little change for my build ^^ (around 2,5 ex)

So I prefer to try a physical version (with brutality)
Just change Brutality instead of Maim & Haste instead of Hatred.

PoB for my version life (5k) + MoM (2K) => https://pastebin.com/nERYWUKp

350K for each ice golem (cyclone) without Vaal Haste.
Ten Thousand Ways To Die ...
Just a few questions:

Should we be linking Flesh Offering into CWDT? I've seen a few builds on Ninja where they do this, but it feels like if you're not taking any damage you're losing out on the benefit, and unlinking it will allow us to level it to 20?

What's the best way to craft the Astral plate w/ +1 socketed support gems and Maim? Is it to use just a single alchemic resonator with a serrated fossil, or should we be looking to use a combination of fossils to hit the other suffixes ideally?
"
Glyphtics wrote:
Just a few questions:

Should we be linking Flesh Offering into CWDT? I've seen a few builds on Ninja where they do this, but it feels like if you're not taking any damage you're losing out on the benefit, and unlinking it will allow us to level it to 20?

What's the best way to craft the Astral plate w/ +1 socketed support gems and Maim? Is it to use just a single alchemic resonator with a serrated fossil, or should we be looking to use a combination of fossils to hit the other suffixes ideally?

This is a really good question. People copy eachother sometimes without fully understanding why it's being done. Don't link flesh offering to CWDT unless you're just grinding currency maps and moving too fast to manually cast it. For bossing/Guardians a level 20 flesh offering and manually casting your desecrate/offering is way more dps. If you're just delving/running and you have no time at all to even cast your storm brands then that's when you run a cwdt setup to keep minion movement speed up. Vaal Haste, CWDT Flesh Offering, Haste, and spam that phase run button.

The most currency efficient way to create the chest is serrated spamming, but the 'best' chest can only be gotten with serrated+faceted... at a cost of like 1+ex per attempt.
Last edited by Utopian238 on Mar 21, 2019, 9:18:50 AM
Crafting this chest is becoming incredibly painful. I'm about 90 fossil's deep. Haven't seen the +support gems mod yet. Also, the maim modifier rarely hits.
So i'm fully expecting to hit gems and no maim when it finally does show up.

iLvL 83 elder chest.
"
L2pray wrote:
Crafting this chest is becoming incredibly painful. I'm about 90 fossil's deep. Haven't seen the +support gems mod yet. Also, the maim modifier rarely hits.

iLvL 83 elder chest.

I still haven't hit mine this league and i'm a couple hundred serrated fossils in, running just a well rolled Maim support chest right now.

On the side i'm spending all of my alterations trying to craft the mace in the meantime, it's a pita to hit end-game gear in this build.

"
Utopian238 wrote:
"
L2pray wrote:

iLvL 83 elder chest.

I still haven't hit mine this league and i'm a couple hundred serrated fossils in, running just a well rolled Maim support chest right now.

On the side i'm spending all of my alterations trying to craft the mace in the meantime, it's a pita to hit end-game gear in this build.

It wouldn't be as bad if I had more than one chest to work with :|

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info