Why do people get vaccines? Don't they research the ingredients?

BTW, as I've said before in this thread, I worry about megacorporations putting out subpar quality vaccines. I'm more worried about vaccines that don't work (or work too well), especially the slapdash yearly flu vaccine, than I worry about autism, but I don't mind a small vocal group of nuts putting vaccine manufacturers under scrutiny, even if the underlying rationale is bullshit.

It's just that even if 100% of current autism is vaccine-caused — an outrageous claim if true — vaccinating children would still be worth it. You'd need harder drawbacks than that to outweigh the benefits, and quite frankly there's no way such severe drawbacks could be covered up.

So go ahead and put on your tinfoil hat if you want to. Even if one conspiracy theory turns out to be nonsense, sometimes you find other, unanticipated issues just by stirring the pot a little. (For instance, Mueller sure has found quite a bit of collusion-unrelated process crime.) But regardless of whatever extracurriculars you involve yourself in, vaccine your children. That decision is clear.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 27, 2019, 2:39:40 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

It's just that even if 100% of current autism is vaccine-caused — an outrageous claim if true — vaccinating children would still be worth it. You'd need harder drawbacks than that to outweigh the benefits, and quite frankly there's no way such severe drawbacks could be covered up.

Lets make it very clear: Even IF all cases of autism are caused by vaccines, which they are not, your kid is still better off with it than with the long term effects of tetanus or polio. Not to mention that no parents would rather want their kid dead than having autism. Of course, all those deaths, including the ones caused by measles and all other unmentioned vaccination programs, are horrible (no, no-one wants their brain liquified).

I am very glad not to live in the time of small-pox pre-vaccination.
Last edited by UlfgardLeo on Jan 27, 2019, 6:18:22 AM
Oh yeah lets cause a measles and chickenpox outbreak cuz you were too busy thinking vaccine CAUSES AUTISM.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
erdelyii wrote:

However ---

However what exactly?

I'm not sure what your trying to point out.

Give me your angle and how it relates to my post, because i find the "viruses do better the higher your population density is" quite self explenatory.

I'm not seeing it, or taking my assumptions for granted, sorry.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"
erdelyii wrote:

However ---

However what exactly?

I'm not sure what your trying to point out.

Give me your angle and how it relates to my post, because i find the "viruses do better the higher your population density is" quite self explenatory.

I'm not seeing it, or taking my assumptions for granted, sorry.

Peace,

-Boem-

Oh, I mean that 200 years ago not all people in the world lived in squalid cities or urban centres reliant on agriculture.

Sometimes when we think about history, we think narrowly, and exclude a vast amount of humanity with some interesting counterpoints to the dominant view.

Well sure, but i'm not sure if we should glorify the hunter gatherer life-style?

I don't imagine life outside of settlements was that much merrier.

And if an infection struck, nobody would have know and would have simply wiped out your entire tribe.

If lucky, the mountain you lived on would be referred to as "the horrible mountain of red DEATH" by all neighboring tribes.

Peace,

-Boem-

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Unbelievable that this could happen in the 21st c. This is where this bs will get you.

https://q13fox.com/2019/01/26/washington-is-under-a-state-of-emergency-as-measles-cases-soar-past-30/
Censored.
All because you got people going vaccines make you have autism or some other dumb shit.

You literally endangered an ENTIRE state because of stupid shit.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jan 29, 2019, 4:41:19 PM
HAIL SATAN!
Hopefully the outbreak calms down. Must be a lot of people keeping their kids inside.

"
Boem wrote:
Well sure, but i'm not sure if we should glorify the hunter gatherer life-style?

I don't imagine life outside of settlements was that much merrier.

And if an infection struck, nobody would have know and would have simply wiped out your entire tribe.

If lucky, the mountain you lived on would be referred to as "the horrible mountain of red DEATH" by all neighboring tribes.

Peace,

-Boem-

In looking up a way to explain why epidemic diseases need certain conditions to thrive I found this. It's so interesting:

"
...And now for the numbers. Caetano-Anolles and Nasir analyzed the protein folds of 5,080 organisms—3,460 viruses and 1,620 cells from other organisms representing every branch of the tree of life. What they found was huge: 442 protein folds were shared between cells and viruses along with 66 folds that were unique to viruses. What this indicates then, is a branching of some kind.

It suggests that viruses were not simply shed genetic material of cells, but shared unique properties with cells (and thus were living) and eventually evolved as separate entities. “We are now able to build truly universal trees of life,” says Caetano-Anolles, “that describe the origin and diversification of organisms and viruses.”

These findings provide some of the strongest evidence yet that viruses are indeed living. “The mere fact of the existence of a universal biology unifying viruses and cells now justifies the construction of a Tree of Life that embraces viruses side by side with cells.” says Caetano-Anolles. The interesting thing about these results is that they indicate that viruses must have diversified from ancient cells by a process called reductive evolution, where organisms simplify instead of becoming more complex. Viruses were likely “more cellular in nature and existed in the form of primitive cells,” explains Nasir. The ancient cells that these primordial viruses resided in were those of the last universal common ancestor that preceded diversified life about 2.45 billion years ago.

At some point, the genomes of these ancient viral cells were reduced or eliminated, to the point where they lost their cellular nature and became modern viruses. Nasir says that “viruses restore their 'cellular' existence today when they enter and take control of any cell.” When an infected cell spits out new viruses, it is likely very much like those ancient cells making primitive viruses. “Thus,” Nasir concludes, “in the beginning, virus plus cell existed as a unit. Today, they are split but can restore their association upon viral infection of a cell.”

article

Clearly such ancient elegance is no match for apple cider vinegar and Birkenstocks.
Last edited by erdelyii on Jan 30, 2019, 4:17:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info