Why do people get vaccines? Don't they research the ingredients?

"
Ersatzdrummel wrote:
Everything is harmful in the right dosage or the right method of contact.

Drink a glas of water, everything is fine. Drink enough water --> dead. Breathe in a glas of water --> serious problems.

Breathe normal air, everything is fine. Breathe air without oxygen, you die. Breathe pure oxygen, you might damage your heart and your brain.

Aluminum is one of the most prevalent elements in ths earth's crust, one invariably takes in some of it - daily. True, too much of it may hurt, but that amount will not be surpassed by vaccinating.

I really wonder what the world looks like from your and your cohort's perspective, all in black and white. It must be a very stressfull life, full of dangers and enemies.

+1

Exactly what I was thinking! Sort of like, putting a bullet in your mouth shouldn't hurt anything. Shooting a bullet into ones mouth is a whole different thing. A little bit of alcohol is fun and even good for your health. Too much is bad and can even kill you.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
This thread has gone from silly to stupid to crazy to crazy as shithouse rat.

Wait what? NASA means deceive in Hebrew? What does it mean in other languages?
What about Arabic or Aramaic (both linguistically close to Hebrew)?

What does it mean in Bengali? "Can I have a cookie?"

What. The. Fuck.
Censored.
(\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and
(='.'=) paste Bunny to help him
(")_(") gain world Domination.

Just doing my part.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:

Just doing my part.

Peace,

-Boem-

And bunny in swahili-obaca-tillian means "control the world with vaccines"!
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Bunny in Tagalog means: "I don't want that shot in my butt!"

In Ukrainian it means: "bum"

See the connection? WOW
Censored.
Last edited by kolyaboo on Nov 26, 2018, 3:19:42 PM
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

Just doing my part.

Peace,

-Boem-

And bunny in swahili-obaca-tillian means "control the world with vaccines"!

Don't tell anybody, but you can actually make the word "nasa" with all the symbols involved in making that bunny if you know what i mean.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Vaccines make your penis larger, by at least 2 inches.
anything is everything
Especially Menigococcal.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
See, that's the big problem with the lure of conspiracy theories. The transition from curious onlooker to light dabbler to involved researcher to budding believer is subtle and frightening, precisely because these things are designed to be seductive in their universality and populism.

That sounds like a conspiracy in itself. I'm not sure that conspiracies are designed, so much as are started by a pioneer in the paranoid arts. The process may not be so different to how a cult is formed, but with the theory the central point of obsession rather than a figure.

But you know me, to google for an article -

"
Melley seeks to explain why conspiracy theories and paranoia have become so pervasive in American culture in recent decades. He discusses some of the paranoia behind our obsessions with political assassinations, gender and race relations, stalkers, mind control, bureaucracies, and the power of corporations and governments.

Melley proposes that conspiracy thinking arises from a combination of two factors, when someone: 1) holds strong individualist values and 2) lacks a sense of control. The first attribute refers to people who care deeply about an individual's right to make their own choices and direct their own lives without interference or obligations to a larger system (like the government). But combine this with a sense of powerlessness in one's own life, and you get what Melley calls agency panic, "intense anxiety about an apparent loss of autonomy" to outside forces or regulators.

When fervent individualists feel that they cannot exercise their independence, they experience a crisis and assume that larger forces are to blame for usurping this freedom. "For one who refuses to relinquish the assumptions of liberal individualism, such newly revealed forms of regulation frequently seem so unacceptable or unbelievable that they can only be met with anxiety, melodrama, or panic."

Although Melley doesn't present any empirical data to show that conspiracy thinking has been increasing for these reasons, some research by psychologist Jean Twenge is consistent with his hypotheses. Twenge's research examines how Americans' personality traits have been changing over the past several decades. She reviews the results of hundreds of studies published from the 1960s through the end of the century, looking at the personality scores for each year. For example, she finds that trait anxiety (or neuroticism) has been rising dramatically in both children and adults over this period.

In another study, she shows that people have come to hold an increasingly stronger external "locus of control"; this refers to the feeling that external forces are determining what happens to you, as opposed to an internal locus of control, the feeling that you dictate your own outcomes. Twenge suggests that the stronger external locus of control reflects our ever-increasing exposure to uncontrollable events and a rise in the "victim mentality" of our culture. (Is this sounding familiar?)

Individualistic values have also been getting stronger in our culture, with greater importance attached to personal freedoms and self-reliance. The U.S. currently ranks highest in individualism compared to all other nations in the world.

The rise in anxiety, individualism, and external locus of control may therefore underlie the rise in conspiracy thinking. This is somewhat troubling because these personality trends show no sign of leveling off. In fact, given the current pace of globalization and the "Americanization" of other countries, it seems likely that these personality traits (and conspiracy thinking) will be increasing elsewhere too.

But what's the actual appeal of believing in conspiracy theories? What purpose do they serve people?

For one thing, conspiracy theories help us cope with distressing events and make sense out of them. Conspiracies assure us that bad things don't just happen randomly. Conspiracies tell us that someone out there is accountable, however unwittingly or secretly or incomprehensibly, so it's possible to stop these people and punish them and in due course let everyone else re-establish control over their own lives. Conspiracies also remind us that we shouldn't blame ourselves for our predicaments; it's not our fault, it's them! In these ways, believing in conspiracies serves many of the same self-protective functions as scapegoating.

article

"
Boem wrote:

Just doing my part.

Peace,

-Boem-

Your valiant deed will be remembered! In fact, when the revolution comes, Bunny will remember all those who opposed him and all those who helped him.
A very good post, erdelyii, but I feel obligated to point out two things:

1) A cult *is* much more likely to be "designed" than a conspiracy theory. Whereas a conspiracy theory can arise much more naturally from a group of like-minded paranoia junkies, a cult is usually founded with a clear goal in mind--unless the cult leader is quite literally schizophrenic, which I assume does happen.

2) in the modern era, conspiracy theories are a bit more likely to be planted with political goals in mind. While "the government is responsible for 9/11" seems like a natural "highly paranoid" extension of "the government both failed to stop and then benefited from 9/11" (because the bush administration did *hugely* benefit in popularity after 9/11. And no, I don't think they did anything even remotely like organizing it, but according to declassified intelligence reports, they vaguely knew about such a threat and could've taken it more seriously beforehand, much like FDR with pearl harbor), and even "benghazi" is arguably a natural paranoid conspiracy theory for people afraid of Hillary Clinton in particular... "pizzagate"? Come on, that takes a very targeted pathological reading of Podesta's emails. Some conspiracy theories are clearly designed for political purposes by people who know how to take advantage of the paranoid delusions of the masses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info