Delve Frequently Asked Questions

Delve panel, with darkness resistance, flares, etc. -- is it character based or account wide?

If it's character based, players that enjoy playing multiple characters are screwed. I'll probably skip the league.
"
Dex8172 wrote:
Delve panel, with darkness resistance, flares, etc. -- is it character based or account wide?

If it's character based, players that enjoy playing multiple characters are screwed. I'll probably skip the league.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Is your mine progress character based or account wide?
It's character-based, but there is a catch-up mechanism for subsequent characters if you don't want to play delve while levelling.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Dizrupt on Aug 17, 2018, 1:14:30 PM
I've seen that, Dizrupt, but I hoped the panel would perhaps be exempt. Prophecy panel is character based, but that's not much of a problem. Delve panel being character based... that completely ruins the league for me, if it's hard to max out with all your chars.
cant wait !!
mobile game sw:sa just introduced a similar content ingame called labyrinth, where ppl also delve underground
ign: WarriorsOfEternity Scion Battle Spectromancer low life 8 auras | Domination (Standart) League | Life
ign: _Forsaken Shadow Dual Dagger Melee Crit 40k dps (68k abyssus) | Standart League | wasted
Last edited by dirty_tricks on Aug 17, 2018, 10:59:13 PM
"
Innomen wrote:
"
Paavo wrote:
I don't understand you people wanting non-SSF solo rankings. You want to see who is the best at trading? GTFO.

Dude this is EXACTLY what they want. Well spotted.

They want an exa possession leader board without it being labeled as such.

Ans SSF wants an rng drop leader board.
There are a few key questions not addressed.

1. How will mob density be set for delves?

In virtually all other parts of the game you can set your own pace when playing (except incursions, which are fun for some and aversive for others). During delves players will need to remain (mostly) tethered to a mobile flashlight, given the consequences of doing otherwise. Ergo, players will have at least somewhat less control over the pace at which they can play. That also makes dev decisions affecting mob density more meaningful in their impact on player enjoyment.

2. How much will darkness be an issue when paired up with lag / disconnects?

The introductory video makes it seem like player choices will determine what happens with darkness. But, how will lag and disconnects interact with delving and darkness? Will the crawler stop if the server stops receiving input from the client, or will darkness just kill characters trapped in statis because of lag?
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
How about the most important questions?

*Will you be able to use an existing character, or be forced to create a new one? (That is one thing I did not like about the current Incursion event - you had to create a NEW character and do the SAME stuff all over again, only you had the additional events happening.

If it's a *completely* new aspect of the game (without a direct connection to the existing game), then it would be understandable to create a new character.

But then the question remains - what happens to that new character AFTER "Delve"?
"

*Will you be able to use an existing character, or be forced to create a new one? (That is one thing I did not like about the current Incursion event - you had to create a NEW character and do the SAME stuff all over again, only you had the additional events happening.

If it's a *completely* new aspect of the game (without a direct connection to the existing game), then it would be understandable to create a new character.

But then the question remains - what happens to that new character AFTER "Delve"?
You have to create a new character for every challenge league and when it ends, all characters are moved to their respective permanent league, meaning Standard, Hardcore, Standard SSF or Hardcore SSF.
"
Joker wrote:
"

You have to create a new character for every challenge league and when it ends, all characters are moved to their respective permanent league, meaning Standard, Hardcore, Standard SSF or Hardcore SSF.

Ok, as the current Incursion is my first event, I'm wondering how the different STASH boxes are handled when a character is moved to a league where other characters exit (and are sharing the same STASH)?

Thanks! (Also happy to see that Incursion will be added to the Standard league in Dec! :) )

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info