[3.4] TheFrostmourne's Balefire Inquisitor

"
dunsohaila wrote:
is the passive tree outdated?

Can we have path of building version ?

thanks

It's not outdated, there are no changes to the tree in 3.4.1 compared to 3.4

I tried posting PoB link earlier but for whatever reason it doesn't want to work to other people since 3.4 (even though my PoB is up to date)
Last edited by TheFrostmourne on Sep 10, 2018, 1:16:50 PM
Hi and thx for this guide!
I used it as Delve starter, 82 atm and feels quite good even if not a really fast clearer. I think that clear speed is due to dot mechanic and not the build itself, and I also feel that kaom's heart would make a lot of difference, globally.

BTW the question I have is:

Is there a way to add RF to the build ?

Thx
"
aleberc wrote:
Hi and thx for this guide!
I used it as Delve starter, 82 atm and feels quite good even if not a really fast clearer. I think that clear speed is due to dot mechanic and not the build itself, and I also feel that kaom's heart would make a lot of difference, globally.

BTW the question I have is:

Is there a way to add RF to the build ?

Thx

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Well pretty much the DoT mechanic is what makes it feel "slow" compared to other builds, true. And Kaom's indeed makes it much better!

Yes, it's possible, and I was also considering it myself. You can even sustain it with the current tree, although only with flasks or while being on consecrated ground as much as possible, otherwise you'd be degening (not by much though). With some skill tree changes (getting more regen) and a good Watcher's Eye, you can even have it work smoothly. It would also work in high density maps where you can kill often, do to Balefire giving us % life recovered on a kill. It would be somewhat similar to Aila's RF Occultist in terms of playstyle.

I personally don't like having to rely on flasks or anything else for regen, and that's the reason I'm not using it. If you're comfortable with a playstyle like that, you can go for it, but make sure to get Vitality as well as a belt with increased life recovery rate just so it feels smooth enough for mapping.
Following this guide, doing pretty well. Just hit level 90 and I'm breezing through T11-T13 maps now on my way up. Here's my gear:

Using Scorching Ray during leveling didn't feel that great for me, I mostly leveled with Magma Orb. As soon as I got Balefire, though, DPS tripled and everything began falling into place.

Some good drops this league- 1ex, Poet's Pen, Inpulsa- and lots of random rares trading got me enough to purchase the Kaom's- this one had the perfect corrupt for this build, too, since most of our time is spent standing still. Managed to get a decent enchant on those boots from one of the earlier labs that helps with everything that comes charging at you.

I'm using a Fire Totem + Combustion + Fire Penetration at the moment. Picked up the Fire Totem early on and saw how much it helped, still using it at level 90. Maybe better to switch to something else but it does well enough. Cleans up trash mobs easily and gives an additional damage boost thanks to the -19% fire res on ignited enemies.
Hi Frostmourne,

like promissed here is my current gear. I'm currently lvl87 and was able to buy my Kaom's Heart yesterday - unfortunately Chances didn't worked for me :-p

At this time I'm running with smooth 8,1k life and I have still possible upgrade opportunities ;-)

and some random jewels I'm too lazy to post ^^

Constructive criticism is very welcome :-)

normally I would create a new char within lvl80+, but not this time - your build is very cheap and still very tanky.

Thanks again for sharing :-)
taH pagh taHbe'!
Sorry for the late reply guys!

Nice gear both of you, and I am very glad you’re enjoying my build <3 can’t wait to see how better it got by now!

@Lytor - grab Impresence and then try to get Tombfist and Windscream, that’s the biggest improvement you can get looking at your gear. And follow it with rings after!
Last edited by TheFrostmourne on Sep 20, 2018, 3:32:07 PM
Hi Frostmourne
Your build is very great, especially on doing Leo's Mission, I almost invicible on PvP arena except the one auto magma orb when shield charging and EE's Quillrain Toxic Rain trickster
Can this build farm HoGM? And if yes what change I need to do? Because I've tried to run HoGM but I've failed against characters that shoot fire balls, I cannot stand to stack SR because they will one-shot me if those projectiles touch to me even only one of them.
Here is my character, thanks to Delve I can afford a large amount of life and fire damages through pristine and scorched fossils
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/mygod23/characters

p/s: Can this build kill SpiderQueenDemigod (the tankiest character of PoE and he has appeared on HoGM) without frostbomb?
Last edited by mygod23 on Sep 23, 2018, 2:48:13 AM
"
mygod23 wrote:
Hi Frostmourne
Your build is very great, especially on doing Leo's Mission, I almost invicible on PvP arena except the one auto magma orb when shield charging and EE's Quillrain Toxic Rain trickster
Can this build farm HoGM? And if yes what change I need to do? Because I've tried to run HoGM but I've failed against characters that shoot fire balls, I cannot stand to stack SR because they will one-shot me if those projectiles touch to me even only one of them.
Here is my character, thanks to Delve I can afford a large amount of life and fire damages through pristine and scorched fossils
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/mygod23/characters

p/s: Can this build kill SpiderQueenDemigod (the tankiest character of PoE and he has appeared on HoGM) without frostbomb?

Hi there, and thanks for the good feedback!

I have actually not tried to do HoGM, so I am not sure I can answer that. I’ll see if I can get my hands on one in Standard and let you know how it went. It might be doable with some changes to skill tree and gear, I’ll have to test it out
I have a (failed) Storm Burst INQ that I'm looking to change into a different spec. I'm tempted to try this but I would really like to see it in action. Anyone have a video of them doing tougher content that they would like to share?
"
babyskins wrote:
I have a (failed) Storm Burst INQ that I'm looking to change into a different spec. I'm tempted to try this but I would really like to see it in action. Anyone have a video of them doing tougher content that they would like to share?

Playstyle is just like any other pure SR build, so anything like this or this would be a good example.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info