[3.4] TheFrostmourne's Balefire Inquisitor

Hihi! I never played SR as a league starter before. How does this build do with map clear speed given its dot damage and one beam? Are there ways to incorporate more aoe to supplement SR?
"
Talon_ST wrote:
"
wackygoose wrote:
omg, im tempted on trying this again after I saw the new Shaper Scorching Ray MTX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj6hh8pos10

Can you use an MTX for this since you get scorching ray from Balefire? Thought you could only use the MTX with an equipped skill gem.

You got me, im not sure
What Bandit do we take, or kill them all?
"
ProfMarkQ wrote:
What Bandit do we take, or kill them all?

Killing all is the best option
"
bankai1009 wrote:
Hihi! I never played SR as a league starter before. How does this build do with map clear speed given its dot damage and one beam? Are there ways to incorporate more aoe to supplement SR?

It’s doing pretty good, and it’s easy to clear as it is. But in case it doesn’t feel smooth enough for you, you can get more cast speed for more QoL. Basically cast speed makes you turn faster thus making it feel like you have more AoE

"
Talon_ST wrote:
"
wackygoose wrote:
omg, im tempted on trying this again after I saw the new Shaper Scorching Ray MTX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj6hh8pos10

Can you use an MTX for this since you get scorching ray from Balefire? Thought you could only use the MTX with an equipped skill gem.

You got a point there, totally forgot. RIP our hype

Really sorry for such a late reply guys, didn’t realise there were other messages besides the bandit one, just saw them now
Hey there,

I'm currently playing your build and I'm lovin' it :-)

before Balefire I had like 3,5k burning damage (tooltip) and after I reached lvl60 I had 14k - so almost quadruple damage ;-) very satisfying

My suggestion for your build, as a very good unique level item, would be the Hrimnor's Resolve helmet:

It got everything we need: life, resists, armour, fire damage and freeze imunity after using a fire skill ;-)

I am now into maps and will update the build further.

Thanks again for the build.
taH pagh taHbe'!
Last edited by Lytor on Sep 10, 2018, 3:06:56 AM
"
Lytor wrote:
Hey there,

before Balefire I had like 3,5k burning damage (tooltip) and after I reached lvl60 I had 14k - so almost quadruple damage ;-) very satisfying

My suggestion for your build, as a very good unique level item, would be the Hrimnor's Resolve helmet:

It got everything we need: life, resists, armour, fire damage and freeze imunity after using a fire skill ;-)

Thank you so much!

Indeed, that’s a great helmet for it. If you plan on using Kaom’s heart as well, I would suggest you to drop Rise of the Phoenix and Purity of Fire and go for the triple curse version since you will still have enough mana to reserve, and you won’t benefit from the extra fire resistance.

As you can see, my triple curse version doesn’t rely on physical taken as fire to mitigate it, so it’s an awesome damage option for that version as you have a free helmet slot anyway.

Thanks for the suggestion, I’d love to see an update on how it performs with it!
"
"
Lytor wrote:
Hey there,

Thank you so much!

Indeed, that’s a great helmet for it. If you plan on using Kaom’s heart as well, I would suggest you to drop Rise of the Phoenix and Purity of Fire and go for the triple curse version since you will still have enough mana to reserve, and you won’t benefit from the extra fire resistance.

As you can see, my triple curse version doesn’t rely on physical taken as fire to mitigate it, so it’s an awesome damage option for that version as you have a free helmet slot anyway.

Thanks for the suggestion, I’d love to see an update on how it performs with it!

currently not necessary, still melting all mobs/bosses - and I'm missing the curse boots and of curse Impresence ;-) but still a lot of time for updates

I tend to buy the Magna Eclipsis shield - would you suggest it or is it more a luxory item for fancy mtx?
taH pagh taHbe'!
"
Lytor wrote:

currently not necessary, still melting all mobs/bosses - and I'm missing the curse boots and of curse Impresence ;-) but still a lot of time for updates

I tend to buy the Magna Eclipsis shield - would you suggest it or is it more a luxory item for fancy mtx?

It’s good. If you’re not getting hit often it’s pretty much like an extra 2k health against elemental damage, plus it has great life and armour on it. Depending on the content you’re doing though. Lioneye’s is our #1 option in most of the cases, but Magna Eclipsis is totally better if you find yourself tanky enough against physical damage and only need some extra elemental defences.

I was personally using both, ME being my choice for maps where there are a lot of elemental mobs and / or the boss does some big elemental hits.

If you have the currency get both and try out whichever suits your playstyle more =)
is the passive tree outdated?

Can we have path of building version ?

thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info