[3.3] The Oath Keeper - A Death's Oath build by the person behind the item

Introduction

Death's Oath finally being viable since Harbinger league has been my most exciting time in Path of exile history and I'm very excited to put my own work out here for everyone else to see!

This build can get quite expensive as well as complicated for newer players so I could never really recommend this build, But feel free to ask me if anything is unclear.

The goal of this build is to get the most out of Death's Oath while still trying to make a solid build overall.

Reached lvl 100 for my first time in Incursion League with this build! :)
_________________________________________________________________________________

Build overview

Pros & Cons
Pros
  • Very tanky
  • Comfortable to play

Cons
  • Somewhat slow
  • mediocre single target (Bossing not recommended)
  • Expensive (Though there are budget options)

My gear in incursion

_________________________________________________________________________________

If there's enough interest in this build I'll consider writing a more in-depth guide.
Tears of blood, aching heart,
My dear Isildria must depart.

[Keeper] Oath keepers - Friendly EU focused guild for experienced players More info @ thread ID; 1426886
IGN; Isildria
Last edited by isildria on Sep 10, 2018, 6:20:21 AM
Last bumped on Mar 12, 2019, 2:43:49 AM
why did you choose a armour base for Death's Oath?
makes me sad everytime i see it :(
Last edited by BeRse on Aug 11, 2018, 11:18:41 AM
"
BeRse wrote:
why did you choose a armour base for Death's Oath?
makes me sad everytime i see it :(

Cause potentially having 8-12k es is already very strong. Or are you referring to the colouring of the item? it's the only way to make the chest valuable which I like.

[Keeper] Oath keepers - Friendly EU focused guild for experienced players More info @ thread ID; 1426886
IGN; Isildria
Last edited by isildria on Aug 11, 2018, 3:14:36 PM
even with very good gear 9k es seems the maximum to reach at the moment, so a even a little bit es on the chest would be much appreciated in my opinion

sorry to hijack your build thread with this discussion over the chest piece
Yessss, I love Death's Oath and your build looks sweet, I'll try it for my second character this event.

Any tips on Leveling with that setup ?
"
lucanique wrote:
Yessss, I love Death's Oath and your build looks sweet, I'll try it for my second character this event.

Any tips on Leveling with that setup ?

Well, I start every league with this build now and so far I've just leveled with whatever until I got Blade Vortex at lvl 12 which I then use pretty much up to lvl 62 when I can use Death's Oath. You can still use Blade Vortex but swap out the regular damage scaling gems for a decay and supports for that instead and it works like a charm until you get Allelopathy.

I've also tried levling with Dark Pact and summon skeletons totem. It's a bit slow but it works.

As far as skilltree goes I'd Take the solid nodes (ES, dmg whatever as long as they are point efficient) along the way to the nodes that have attributes like the 30+ strenght node(s) that you'll need to be able to wear Death's Oath at 62.

If there's anything else let me know.

EDIT; Here's a good example of what my character may look like on day 2 of a league. Tho it's a bit outdated but you get the idea :)

IGN; Isildria
Last edited by isildria on Aug 12, 2018, 4:44:31 AM
Can I play this build as a league starter for 3.4? I really like this armor as its an awesome concept
"
BeoWulf981 wrote:
Can I play this build as a league starter for 3.4? I really like this armor as its an awesome concept

You totally can with the right budget gear, But I don't know if I could ever seriously recommend this build when there are less complicated and cheaper options.

IGN; Isildria
"
isildria wrote:

You totally can with the right budget gear, But I don't know if I could ever seriously recommend this build when there are less complicated and cheaper options.

I want to do a occultist and use this armor, thats why I asked.
First of all, I would like to say that Death's Oath builds are my favorite builds in the game. I had so far played 2 different DO build one with Occultist in previous league and the other one with Trickster in this league. I couldn't break 53k DOT damage mark although items in my Trickster build is quite op.

Looking into your POB, your build does 90k DOT. I really would like to experience a DO build having that much damage but looking into items' prices, it looks like I need to keep dreaming.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info