[3.5] Guffin's Rain of Hope (Shredder) | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

"
Schwebbes wrote:
Hey guys,

I have a question:

I got a watchers eye with 67 to 101 to cold damage. Now that i am using hatred my tooltip dps is worse than using wrath with an searchin eye with just 2 to 62 lightening damage.

Is it just the tooltip or might wrath still be better than hatred with the watchers eye?

Thx for your advice.

Check Path of Building, it'll tell you what your total dps increase/ decrease would be when making certain upgrades. Very useful to determine wether to buy a certain item or not.
so im loving the build for mapping i can easily do t15 and t16 trash with just about any mod (other than reflect!) and i have about 56 MF currently. (could push to 60 if i bothered to do biscos but meh).

of course the downside is when i have to swap out 4 pieces of gear for (the harder) bosses, lol. now i managed to do red tier guardians without too much issue (fu eradicator) but definitely my clear speed wasnt ideal. but holy shit t15 elder was a pita for me. dps was slow but more importantly, even with PoI running, I was getting 1 shot left and right! needed someone to clear it for me. im guessing i wont be able to do the guardians or shaper/uber elder currently.

my question is - whats better, cold dmg or WED on accessories? generally cold dmg seems to be cheaper. I have a fire resist issue i also need to fix when i go for better rings/ammy. I could go for better abyssals but start trying to get good life rolls with dps on an abyssal jewels and now ur talking exalts.

i suppose i expect needing to put down the ducats for those upgrades if u wanan do guardians etc. but not sure if its worth it- seems like turning this into a boss killer build is a big cost premium, whereby running it as an mf clear speed build is almost as effective as a windripper, but with better dps and cheaper gearing, and i think it is best for that roll! theres also the added benefit that theres certain bosses this build just destroys.
Ok, so, took me a bit more than 5h to finish all acts and kill kitava, had to farm BA from 57 to 60, played RoA since lv12. The build is insanely fun, I'm really happy to see hopeshedder working out (been trying since it came out).

My only problems until now are the low ST damage (been playing with a 4mi dps DS champion, so it feels odd), but it's probably because of my jewels and rings, that I mostly crafted myself on the first week and I kept cuz it was easier to balance Oak. And the mana sustain is bad, I had to get Essence Sap to have enough mana on ST situations.

Overall is a great build, lv71 now, will get mid 90 and see if I want to invest more on gear, if it's still feeling good I will even get a zerphi's heart, cuz this build + Soul Eater is fucking nuts.

Mapping 9/10 and bossing 7/10; Where 10s are TS and DS/RF, respectively.

My Gear:
weapon, rings, ammy, boots andquiver were ~1ex total (all); gloves and helmet were 1ex each. Jewels were self crafted. Watcher's, HH, unnatural and mights are luxury and are not necessary. Still don't know what to do with the rest of the links, might just buy a 2s Bubonic.

Edit: Haven't tested on delves yet, will wait till ~90s, since I'm at delve 400 and don't want to risk (besides it's costs too much sulphite, and I'm not doing t16s yet). AND USE PHASE RUN, IT'S PERFECT

Edit 2: 2 ex and 1 key dropped at lv75, this build is blessed
Last edited by leolarizza on Sep 21, 2018, 11:53:33 PM
Hey man, thanks for your build guide.
I made it to 94 and just killed uber elder.

Damage for uber elder felt a bit low though, any recomendations for other gear upgrades?
"
rozakk wrote:
so im loving the build for mapping i can easily do t15 and t16 trash with just about any mod (other than reflect!) and i have about 56 MF currently. (could push to 60 if i bothered to do biscos but meh).

of course the downside is when i have to swap out 4 pieces of gear for (the harder) bosses, lol. now i managed to do red tier guardians without too much issue (fu eradicator) but definitely my clear speed wasnt ideal. but holy shit t15 elder was a pita for me. dps was slow but more importantly, even with PoI running, I was getting 1 shot left and right! needed someone to clear it for me. im guessing i wont be able to do the guardians or shaper/uber elder currently.

my question is - whats better, cold dmg or WED on accessories? generally cold dmg seems to be cheaper. I have a fire resist issue i also need to fix when i go for better rings/ammy. I could go for better abyssals but start trying to get good life rolls with dps on an abyssal jewels and now ur talking exalts.

i suppose i expect needing to put down the ducats for those upgrades if u wanan do guardians etc. but not sure if its worth it- seems like turning this into a boss killer build is a big cost premium, whereby running it as an mf clear speed build is almost as effective as a windripper, but with better dps and cheaper gearing, and i think it is best for that roll! theres also the added benefit that theres certain bosses this build just destroys.

Hey mate, glad the Build performs decently!

If you want me to give you a more extensive review of your Gear, I will need either a PoB or simply all Items linked in the Thread. Currently I can only see your MF Setup.
That said, COld Damage = WED in most cases. WED is slightly better if you are running Wrath.
If you wanna find proper Rares, really just follow the Trade Links.

Cool to hear your Feedback on the MF Side of things! A Frenzy Corrupt on the Sadimas does a lot for us btw :P
That said, building this into a boss killer can be incredibly cheap, if you know how to gear. Which most people don't, I have reaaaaaaally extensive experience with that from my other Build Guide.

So if you still need help with your DPS etc., link me your whole Bossing Setup and I'll see what to do. Other than that, gl and hf :)

"
leolarizza wrote:
Ok, so, took me a bit more than 5h to finish all acts and kill kitava, had to farm BA from 57 to 60, played RoA since lv12. The build is insanely fun, I'm really happy to see hopeshedder working out (been trying since it came out).

Spoiler
My only problems until now are the low ST damage (been playing with a 4mi dps DS champion, so it feels odd), but it's probably because of my jewels and rings, that I mostly crafted myself on the first week and I kept cuz it was easier to balance Oak. And the mana sustain is bad, I had to get Essence Sap to have enough mana on ST situations.

Overall is a great build, lv71 now, will get mid 90 and see if I want to invest more on gear, if it's still feeling good I will even get a zerphi's heart, cuz this build + Soul Eater is fucking nuts.

My Gear:
weapon, rings, ammy, boots andquiver were ~1ex total (all); gloves and helmet were 1ex each. Jewels were self crafted. Watcher's, HH, unnatural and mights are luxury and are not necessary. Still don't know what to do with the rest of the links, might just buy a 2s Bubonic.

Edit: Haven't tested on delves yet, will wait till ~90s, since I'm at delve 400 and don't want to risk (besides it's costs too much sulphite, and I'm not doing t16s yet). AND USE PHASE RUN, IT'S PERFECT

Hey mate, very glad you enjoy the Build :)

The thing about Singletarget can be fixed easily, as you see in the Videos with the pre Buff Hopeshredder.
For you currently it's mostly the pretty horrible State of your Rings and Amulet. You can veeery cheaply get way better ones. Just go check the Trade Links.
This won't reach the DPS of a VDS Build (or an ele Conversion BF/MS, which are both better than VDS even :P), but it can still kill everything.

So if you feel you like the Build, i recommend investing into better Rares before a Zerphis :P

As for Phase Run, I'm personally not a fan due to the Frenzy consuming Nature. I'd rather have them up.

Hope you have fun with the Build :)

"
Diggleer wrote:
Hey man, thanks for your build guide.
I made it to 94 and just killed uber elder.

Damage for uber elder felt a bit low though, any recomendations for other gear upgrades?

Hey dude, big gz on the Kill!

Your Gear looks pretty damn decent right now I gotta say.
From now on it's mostly scaling rares, there are almost endless upgrades to make until you reach mirror tier :P
Other than that, you can go grab an Unnatural Instinct Jewel which will be an Upgrade.
My items

Fun build! Clearing is great all the way up to t16 and currently at ~depth 270, and just hit 93. I struggle a bit with T16+ bosses right now though. I managed shaper and red elder but definitely not quick or deathless for either. I also feel a bit squishy at ~5600 life while taking every single life node that I can :S . I don't feel like I'd be able to do uber elder or uber atziri.

POB: https://pastebin.com/0UmV7Yck my effective DPS on pob is pretty damn low too.

Are there any upgrades I should specifically focus on besides 6 linking Loreweave or getting a Hatred watcher's eye? (Character: "protzle")

edit: I'm also working on getting might of the meek and unnatural instinct.
Last edited by pretzoot on Sep 22, 2018, 10:11:03 PM

"
leolarizza wrote:
"
Guffinn wrote:

Spoiler

My Gear:

Hey mate, very glad you enjoy the Build :)

The thing about Singletarget can be fixed easily, as you see in the Videos with the pre Buff Hopeshredder.
For you currently it's mostly the pretty horrible State of your Rings and Amulet. You can veeery cheaply get way better ones. Just go check the Trade Links.
This won't reach the DPS of a VDS Build (or an ele Conversion BF/MS, which are both better than VDS even :P), but it can still kill everything.

So if you feel you like the Build, i recommend investing into better Rares before a Zerphis :P

As for Phase Run, I'm personally not a fan due to the Frenzy consuming Nature. I'd rather have them up.

Hope you have fun with the Build :)

Oh, yeah, would be ~20% more dps with perfect jewelry, but it was what I had on my stash and made easier to balance Oak, also, not having a rare belt makes capping res a nightmare. And about phase run, it's a great "oh shit buttom", with 5 frenzies you get 10s, it's also good for exploring side areas on delve (clearing delve 400 just fine), 1 RoA on a pack and you get 5 again.

Edit: Fixed my rings (ammy is on my inventory, using a quantity one now). Expent ~6ex total, got a new boots and crafted new jewels. Took me like 2h and 6 divines to figure out how to balance my res for Oak.
Last edited by leolarizza on Sep 23, 2018, 12:53:38 AM
Hey :)
Great build and im having alot of fun with it.

I just have 1 problem, i just cant sustain mana when, for example, im at the end of an azurite delve.

Im not sure but i think i didnt have this earlier today.

I use CoH, HoI and AssMark

I shatter everything, not sure where this started going wrong.

Thanks for any help :)

Edit: I dont have a problem until i arrive at the azurite

E2: Kiiiinda fixed it atm with taking first node at essence sap but id like to drop that again sometime
Last edited by Isa_Pandora on Sep 23, 2018, 9:22:22 PM
"
pretzoot wrote:
My items

Fun build! Clearing is great all the way up to t16 and currently at ~depth 270, and just hit 93. I struggle a bit with T16+ bosses right now though. I managed shaper and red elder but definitely not quick or deathless for either. I also feel a bit squishy at ~5600 life while taking every single life node that I can :S . I don't feel like I'd be able to do uber elder or uber atziri.

POB: https://pastebin.com/0UmV7Yck my effective DPS on pob is pretty damn low too.

Are there any upgrades I should specifically focus on besides 6 linking Loreweave or getting a Hatred watcher's eye? (Character: "protzle")

edit: I'm also working on getting might of the meek and unnatural instinct.

Hey mate, cool to hear that you enjoy the Build :)

As for your Damage:
Your Rings are both pretty bad, get ones with WED or Cold Damage, simply check the Trade Links. And yes, a 6link is pretty huge for the DPS :D
That said, go put in a Frost Bomb somewhere. Level 1, no Quality, is a huge DPS boost for this Build. But that's explained in the guide.

As for the Life: it's hard to reach good Life Totals with Loreweave, but 2 Might of the Meeks (check the Tree Section) will give 23% max Life along many other Benefits, so that's something to aim for.
Other than that, 2 socket Tombfists with proper Jewels (your current one there is a bit meh btw) also help.

Hope that gives you a point to start from, let me know how it goes :)

"
leolarizza wrote:
Oh, yeah, would be ~20% more dps with perfect jewelry, but it was what I had on my stash and made easier to balance Oak, also, not having a rare belt makes capping res a nightmare. And about phase run, it's a great "oh shit buttom", with 5 frenzies you get 10s, it's also good for exploring side areas on delve (clearing delve 400 just fine), 1 RoA on a pack and you get 5 again.

Edit: Fixed my rings (ammy is on my inventory, using a quantity one now). Expent ~6ex total, got a new boots and crafted new jewels. Took me like 2h and 6 divines to figure out how to balance my res for Oak.

Gz on the Progress mate :) Any plans to tackle Endgame Bosses etc., or do you just like the Build for clearing?

"
Hey :)
Great build and im having alot of fun with it.

I just have 1 problem, i just cant sustain mana when, for example, im at the end of an azurite delve.

Im not sure but i think i didnt have this earlier today.

I use CoH, HoI and AssMark

I shatter everything, not sure where this started going wrong.

Thanks for any help :)

Edit: I dont have a problem until i arrive at the azurite

E2: Kiiiinda fixed it atm with taking first node at essence sap but id like to drop that again sometime

Great so hear you enjoy the time dude!

That said, Mana Leech is required. It is included in all Versions of the Tree. How else do you expect an Attack Build on the right side of the Tree to sustain Mana :D
0.4% is enough.

Some Notes on your Character:
go get your Uber Lab done obviously, the added Skillpoints saved from respeccing can be invested into a lot of Life and DPS.
Get at least a 1 socket Tombfist with a Murderous Eye Jewel, tremendous DPS increase.
Your Rings and Amulet need to be improved, go grab some with more WED/inc Cold Damage on them. Just check the Trade Links for that.
Same for the Abyss Jewel in your Belt, go grab a new one.

Other than that, everything looks solid. Keep me updated on how the Char develops :)

"
Guffinn wrote:

"
leolarizza wrote:

Gz on the Progress mate :) Any plans to tackle Endgame Bosses etc., or do you just like the Build for clearing?

The build can Kill Uber Elder, that's for sure. Don't know if it will feel good for the fight tho, but I will most likely use it on maps and delves only, farmed the shit out uber elder on the first week already. At depth 400 the only problem is one shotting, with 0 armour, if you get hit, you die, but it's very fast and fun to delve with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info