[3.5] Occult ArcPoet - All Content | Millions+ DPS | ÜElder | Delve 1k+ | Videos

Found a funny thing with delve. You can craft lightning damage AND elemental damage on the belt.

With the following setup,

I'm still res capped, got a global ~ +10% DPS boost, and get a nice 60 flat ES on boots which translates nearly into a 300ES gain (im now sitting at 7.5k ES with a low roll on the belt and on the ring).

The only downside is you have to sacrifice a skill point into a +30 STR unless you can find the same belt with +STR but it's almost impossible considering that fossile crafting +lightning often results in +lightning res which eats your last suffix slot.

From this combination there is 3 possibilites to get back your skill point :
- Keep crafting a belt till you get the 3 suffixes (STR, one +40% RES, elemental damage)
- Keep crafting a belt till you get 3 suffixes (STR, one +40% RES, lightning res) and then use annulment orb to remove the lightning res (yeah kinda random) and then craft STR from Tora
- Swap 2 jewels in the tree to have the following stats on each : 2 offensives stats (crit multi, lightning damage), +all elemental res, +STR

Anyway, the overall resulsts with a BIS craft would be +300ES, +10% DPS, still capped res. If you work around using a skill point instead I guess you go down to +9% DPS.

The fun thing is if you push the build to level 100 and keep using a Vertex, you don't care at all for the Strength skill point since you still have 6 free points. Celestial Punishment & Breath of Lightning costs exactly 6 skills points which results in a perfect skill tree. Final tree, Vertex build level 100 with crafted belt

Last edited by ploxirion on Sep 22, 2018, 11:41:07 AM
So what skill do i use for clearing mobs in delve?still arc and warp?? Or just lightning ball and arc??
"
ploxirion wrote:
Found a funny thing with delve. You can craft lightning damage AND elemental damage on the belt.

not just belt, you can craft "nearby enemies have -9% lightning resistance" on helmets, that's more damage than the belt.
Last edited by phroz3n on Sep 22, 2018, 12:05:33 PM
"
GladiatorUA wrote:
"
dguay wrote:
Few questions before starting this build :)

- I know this question has probably been asked numerous times but can't find the answer on page 1 and don't wanna read 60 pages now. Are 2x Enlighten level 4 mandatory if I don't use Indigon? Are level 3 enough?

- What about level 21 Blood Magic?

- Is it better to drop Fenumus Spinnerets for sin trek if you have the watcher eye jewel?

- What is best 5L in shav's?
One enlighten level 4 is mandatory, unless you put your blood magic setup in +1 gloves.

Level 21 Blood magic can be replaced by 1% reduced mana reservation Healthy Mind jewel. It's even cheaper now.

Sin trek are the boots that have dex, decent es and movement speed. If you can afford an item with aspect of spider, those boots are going to greatly increase your survivabillity on bosses.

Not sure about 5l, but 6l is probably frenzy-faster attacks-gmp-chain-curse on hit-Assasin's Mark/Enfeeble. Much worse without chain though. Ele weakness voidbringers are expensive and rare now, so +1 gems is probably better in gloves.

Enlightened 4 is mandatory for what?? Im rocking t16´s with 1 enlightened 3
"
phroz3n wrote:
"
ploxirion wrote:

not just belt, you can craft "nearby enemies have -9% lightning resistance" on helmets, that's more damage than the belt.

Well correct me if I'm wrong but it's a 9% DPS increase ? There is no effective resistance minimum, so -X% lightning resistance is equal to X% ele penetration ?

"
ploxirion wrote:
"
phroz3n wrote:
"
ploxirion wrote:

Well correct me if I'm wrong but it's a 9% DPS increase ? There is no effective resistance minimum, so -X% lightning resistance is equal to X% ele penetration ?

Nah- '-xy% to Resistance' and 'xy% Penetration' are different mechanics. You are right in the sense though that there is no effective resistance minimum.

Resistance penetration:

Penetration is applied as damage is dealt, after other resistance calculations. This means that Penetration will affect damage dealt even if the target's raw resistance value is far above its resistance cap.[1]

Both reduction (as from curses), and penetration (as from Penetration gems), can reduce a target's resistance below 0%. There is no minimum resistance floor.

Vertex is not a popular helmet to enchant it seems, i'm looking to get a rare one and try to craft high ES on it.

Speaking of which, is "ball lightning fires an additional projectile" useful for us? Does it work with PP and uh you know double the deeps?
"
cronx wrote:
Vertex is not a popular helmet to enchant it seems, i'm looking to get a rare one and try to craft high ES on it.

Speaking of which, is "ball lightning fires an additional projectile" useful for us? Does it work with PP and uh you know double the deeps?

No, same as GMP. It does not work for Ball Lightning like you seem to imagine it would.

It increases the Area covered - but one enemy mob cant be hit by any projectile of the same 'volley' multiple times.

"
Ball Lightning is a slow moving projectile, that strikes targets with bolts of lightning around itself. Lightning bolts strike targets every 150 milliseconds and each target cannot be hit more often than this. That restriction is shared between all balls fired on the same cast.[1] The base projectile speed is roughly 48 units per second.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ball_Lightning

You can imagine Ball Lightning like an debuff area that slowly moves forward. Everything in that area will get hit every 150ms. That cooldown is shared between all projectiles which stem from the same cast.
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Sep 22, 2018, 1:34:00 PM
"
cronx wrote:

Only one ball can hit am enemy at a time per cast so 2 ball projectiles won't double the damage. It will widen the spread though so it can help against things that move a lot. It's really not worth paying much for it though but it might be slightly better than nothing.

Yo, Cyrix, got moved over to this build, Vertex version, no spider yet (working on currency).

Damn, DPS is sick and much more survivability too. Thanks for all your effort on this build, I am loving it!

Takes down bosses/guardians/elder/shaper so fast.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info