[3.5] Occult ArcPoet - All Content | Millions+ DPS | ÜElder | Delve 1k+ | Videos

"
shadowrs wrote:
Ah gotcha, thanks. Another thing, would barrage work better over frenzy? In the other build I primarily used barrage for the life gain on hit (which would be ES in this case).

Barrage felt better to me as well as I came from the Teleports Behind You build also. With Frenzy though, you're generating frenzy charges constantly and thus benefiting from the 4% MORE damage per frenzy charge which is quite a bit. I was able to do Uber Elder using Barrage so either will work.

I'm actually going back to Frenzy as I can get the attack speed just where I want it easier with that skill. And as Cyrix1337 already pointed out, you're hitting with arc all the time so with Watcher's Eye you're getting ES all the time anyway - not just when the attack skill hits like the other build.
Last edited by YT_HB on Aug 30, 2018, 7:14:38 PM
Makes sense, thank you both for your replies :)

With some of the new node changes in Delve, would you guys allocate your points into anything else instead?
Last edited by shadowrs on Aug 30, 2018, 9:21:45 PM
Any chance you could help a brother out with a leveling guide/what to use/look out for during leveling? Your guide is making me want to try a witch build for the first time :)
"
lestersiew wrote:
Any chance you could help a brother out with a leveling guide/what to use/look out for during leveling? Your guide is making me want to try a witch build for the first time :)

The easiest thing to do it to follow Enki's Arc Witch guide. Be sure to follow the tree of this guide though. Also, use Arc when you're able to and start using the Pens as soon as you're able to afford them. Start getting all the skill/support gems in this guide and level them up in your alternate weapon slots - especially LW and it's support gems.
Last edited by YT_HB on Aug 30, 2018, 10:38:18 PM
"
shadowrs wrote:
Makes sense, thank you both for your replies :)

With some of the new node changes in Delve, would you guys allocate your points into anything else instead?

OP is updated for 3.4 as are all the PoBs.
Can you write up a little section on your talent tree pathing etc? Looks fun but I feel like I might mess up prioritization of what nodes to take etc. Even
a TLDR for me would be sick <3
Last edited by sYnceD on Sep 1, 2018, 4:35:39 AM
"
sYnceD wrote:
Can you write up a little section on your talent tree pathing etc? Looks fun but I feel like I might mess up prioritization of what nodes to take etc. Even
a TLDR for me would be sick <3

TL;DR: Jewels last (if possible), Lightning Specific Nodes (increase to lightning Damage etc) when you actually start to use lightning skills. ES increase can wait (Beside those 5 points in the witch start, you need those for pathing on your tree) - while leveling you have the most hogpot gear anyhow. Auranodes like in the Sovereignity/Influence cluster can wait till you get a shavs.

Pick crit/powercharges up as you go - they help, but are not required. Get Ghost Reaver as soon as you can leech lightning spell damage.

Fill the rest of the tree in as you need it. ES when you feel squishy, Lightning/Elemental Damage when you want more damage.

Ascendencies: Go for Vile Bastion first. (till you are able to get a presence of chayula which might take a while) Profane BLoom afterwards.
Finish out with Malediction.

Depending on weather you have have a Presence of Chayula and prefer more ES or more Damage you can then respecc out of Vile Bastion and into Forbidden Power. I like Forbidden Power - but that ones up to you.
How do you level until act 10? Generic caster stuff?
"
kwstas778 wrote:
How do you level until act 10? Generic caster stuff?

Read the posts previous to yours - almost all questions regarding leveling got answered multiple times. Sorry for being cranky but I dont think it's that much of a hassle to read the post literally right before yours.

I do not plan on writing a 'hold my hand guide' - if other people in the thread want to do that you can encourage them to do so. :)

€dit: I took some of the more important answers of this thread and posted them into the OP.
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Sep 1, 2018, 11:46:34 AM
Hey so I'm on a pretty tight budget atm, I made the dumb(?) decision to use this as my league starter into Delve and have been struggling for a bit. I finally managed to get some decent currency and I have the 4 poet pens necessary, I can't afford the watcher's eye nor the elder ring with the warlord mark level 8 on hit yet.

I am currently using a tabula rasa until I get can a Shavronne wrappings, and so far I have frenzy, GMP, faster attack support, and culling strike into it. I decided to add curse on hit support and the warlords mark as well to it, you think that would work fine in the long run? It seems to be doing good for now. You can also just check out my character to make it easier to see what I have etc.

On a side note if you do check out my character, I spec'd into deep thoughts temporarily for mana, I'll switch that later on.
Last edited by shadowrs on Sep 3, 2018, 9:42:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info