The Incursion Supporter Packs End Soon!

Thanks for the update Natalia!

Just a a couple of quick pieces of feedback for you:

1. Personally I wasn't really a fan of the aesthetics for these packs so they didn't overly interest me but I know others loved them. Great to have variety!

2. It's been almost eight months since Chris said you were going to offer the previous payment method as an additional option for players to use. Eight months. The problems my bank gave me with Xsolla means I'm can't pay you another cent till that options comes back. I reaaalllly want to pay everyone at GGG for all their hard work. Any chance we can get a little help in time for the next supporter packs when they're launched?
Would have expected the war of the atlas packs go offline...

"
ladish wrote:
gotta be honest, I agreed with whoever said "supporter packs" probably isn't the right name/description of these anymore.

So true... and still undecided how to feel about it: on one hand, it is crazy awesome that GGG has a lot more resources and the will to put them into use to make an unbelievable game.

On the other, uhm... who actually needs support from who...?

My wishlist: Hi-res digital artbook
Allow spaces in character names
Vulkan and Linux support
Opensource the game
Will the points that I've spent after 10th of May be counted for the new supporter packs or what?

Because I want to know if I want to make a payment plan or wait for the new ones.

Edit: I really wish it'll be counted for the next supporter packs because I'm not a big fan of this ones .. and I'm not planning on spending 60$ (instead of a 30$ upgrade) for them because that's out of my reach atm.
Last edited by N3K0Cloud on Jul 25, 2018, 8:45:27 AM
"
Pesegato wrote:
Would have expected the war of the atlas packs go offline...

"
ladish wrote:
gotta be honest, I agreed with whoever said "supporter packs" probably isn't the right name/description of these anymore.

So true... and still undecided how to feel about it: on one hand, it is crazy awesome that GGG has a lot more resources and the will to put them into use to make an unbelievable game.

On the other, uhm... who actually needs support from who...?

Sigh - I thought we'd talked this through at length and that people understood how things worked.

The owners of GGG have changed. Everything else remains exactly the same. No extra money has come into the business as operating capital. The game still generates revenue exactly the same way it has for years which is through purchases by players which then goes to pay the bills, pay for future improvements and development, and pay the owners. As I said, exactly like it always has.

So Supporter Packs are still what they've always been: a method to support the ongoing existence of the game and a way to support all those that enjoy the game for free but are unable to contribute to it directly.
u dont need support. u have money now
"
The owners of GGG have changed. Everything else remains exactly the same. No extra money has come into the business as operating capital.

Both of these statements are false.

The first one is what they wanted to claim, but GGG has definitely gone from a "small, donation-funded indie dev" to "a large studio that accounts for ~1/4 of their entire country's video game industry, and a subsidiary of the 7th or 8th-highest-valued company in the world."

And yeah, they actually did receive direct money for their continued operation from Tencent. That was kind of the whole point of it... Unless you're suggesting that Chris Wilson did this solely to sell out for his personal enrichment? (I mean, I could see you suggesting that; he made at minimum $36,987,500 out of the deal)

No, the truth is, as far as can be told his main impetus was ensuring GGG's survival into perpetuity. While we don't have the exact numbers, the past year -has- been not as kind to their finances as they'd have liked. While reaction to league content and MTX is MOSTLY speculation, it has been let slip that the average "supporter's" contribution has continued to shrink, while league development costs have soared, and the whole disaster with Xsolla has certainly reduced the rate of purchases.

From what I understand, one big definitive thing that Tencent funding allowed is that GGG is shifting from merely leasing a floor of their office building, to an outright ownership position, which'll basically mean they can keep their home for as long as they can keep paying property taxes. (which is substantially less than their rent, and also means there's no ownership whims involved)

Also, it's worth noting that GGG is far, FAR from the only company with a "free-2-play" model that relies on selling "packs" or "bundles" of a pseudo-currency for use to purchase microtransactions... It's kind of the norm. No one else calls them "supporter packs" even though, quite logically, those payments contribute to supporting the ongoing operation of said games.

No, GGG's naming came from how, ORIGINALLY (as most people forgot) they went with the "crowdfunded" type of capital early on, back in like 2012-2013, with the main difference being that they didn't use any of the existing sites but just ran it on their own. That's why there's the whole set of "tiers" there, as it mimicked the sort of perks typically seen for crowdfunded projects. But over time, they shifted from being an "initial investment" and became just more of "ongoing revenue," even as they blurred the line. However, a lot of the older-style personalized "perks" also disappeared; while Diamond and Eternal supporters got to make a unique item alongside their custom forum avatar, Conquerer supporters only got the Avatar; Grandmaster supporters got the Hall of Grandmasters and Highgate supporters got their divination cards. After that... Nothing.

There's a LOT of problems with the current MTX model GGG has, that's pretty dated. They've only slightly improved it to respond to the shift from a crowdfunded project to a continuing game, mostly just the introduction of the seasonal supporter packs (that don't go higher than $60) starting with Prophecy League. There's a lot more they need to do, though simply re-naming them might be a start.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Does the money we spent in incursion league roll over to the next supporter packs?
I can't wait to see some of the new supporter packs, and what's going to go up to bat after the homerun that Incursion has been!
nexttt
"
Does the money we spent in incursion league roll over to the next supporter packs?

what does that question even mean? if you are asking whether the points you get with the packs can be used in the next league, then yes, they stay in your mtx wallet or whatever it's called until you use them. if your question was whether you can use the mtx from this pack in other leagues, then yes, you keep them permanently.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info