What heppend if someone ...

hello, I have a question, what would happend if someone take all my items from my account? :o can I report him or rip? thanks for read ♥
Last bumped on Jul 24, 2018, 7:14:27 PM
You're free to send any proof you have to support (support@grindinggear.com) but you won't get any of the items back. As it says in the "contact support" link at the top of the page:

"
We can not restore dead hardcore characters or lost items for any reason. This is a general policy and we do not make exceptions.

Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
You gave someone your password ? Sounds like you know who it was and thats the likely cause ... you wont get items back, pretty much standard policy across the board like that, think of it like darwinism, youve now learned not to give your password out to people
thanks guys ♥
Been there, unfortunately.
it's RIP, and also GGG Support will put you through 9 circles of hell before they allow you access to your account again, in case your email isn't similar to your account name.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Jul 22, 2018, 9:04:24 AM
Hint: Don't let people access your account.
"
Kaddey666 wrote:
what would happend if someone take all my items from my account? can I report him or rip?

That dose not seem quite right.

You can report the account as being hacked BUT a hack dose not provide you with an identity of the person doing it so the question is how do you know?

If you know the person that is taking your items then support have to assume that you are the one giving the person acess to the account.

Account sharing is against the ToS, and may land you with a ban.

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
and still i don´t get why companies don´t jump on the "link your cell phone number to it" train, as i found this was the most secure method of doing it the past 20 years.

hacked e-mails is a common thing... giving away accounts seems still to be a comon thing... in both cases no one has your cell phone... send sms, get code, insert code, done.

99% confirmed your account. unless those scammers really would go through the effort to locate you, hack your signal or plain steal your cell phone. which i don´t think they risk for just a character... as this is still a real crime. hacking an account in certain ways is not.
"
lalelunatic wrote:
and still i don´t get why companies don´t jump on the "link your cell phone number to it" train, as i found this was the most secure method of doing it the past 20 years.

hacked e-mails is a common thing... giving away accounts seems still to be a comon thing... in both cases no one has your cell phone... send sms, get code, insert code, done.

99% confirmed your account. unless those scammers really would go through the effort to locate you, hack your signal or plain steal your cell phone. which i don´t think they risk for just a character... as this is still a real crime. hacking an account in certain ways is not.

Hacked e-mails are not a common thing in my experiences, as I have never had that happen.
Also nobody knows your e-mail unless you give it to them.

..and OP; how can you report someone for taking your items from your account?
Are you going to just e-mail the support some account name or what? You can't do anything about it so don't give your password to others.
Preventing account hacking is all about using a STRONG password instead of a WEAK password.

But seriously, GGG posts "don't give your account password to anyone" in many places and even puts it in the list of game tips that one is rng picked to show while logging in to play.

We should never be a Homer Simpson... DOH!!!
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Jul 23, 2018, 9:02:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info