are GMs for real?

"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
Pizzarugi wrote:

Next time, report the person and move on.

what if you arent a little bitch? IMO the problem is over-policing.

Joke's on you, buddy. I don't give a damn about what people say on global 1. I wouldn't be there if I didn't want to be amused on the official shitpost channel.

I'm just pointing out that, if you really get down to it, Chalace was in the right even though their execution was wrong.

what joke?
my point was not who was in the right (which seems to be chalace by what little information there is, which is pretty much none. though Im willing to believe cause I've had that exact same kind of shit happening to me in the forum), but rather the deescalation of little bitch system of reporting everyone over disagreeing and walk away.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jul 23, 2018, 1:17:39 PM
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
Pizzarugi wrote:

Next time, report the person and move on.

what if you arent a little bitch? IMO the problem is over-policing.

reminds me a while ago a guildie was told to change his hideout cause it offended people, amazing.

I actually support this statement.

I have a child, and trying to educate him on the difference between what he's being taught is bullying and actual bulling is real work. No, my child, that boy did not bully you, he just didn't want to play with you. Not everyone has to play with you if you want.

There are too many adult versions of that same thing nowadays.
"
Chalace2 wrote:
I stopped caring about global when I was muted for calling a sexist %^&* ignorant...
(He was talking about how women should not speak, work, only useful for sex etc.)

The best part is he carried on unhindered...

Sound to me like you met coward..
"
Sarno wrote:
"
Chalace2 wrote:
I stopped caring about global when I was muted for calling a sexist %^&* ignorant...

Sounds like you were reported.

What someone else says may be a reason to report them, but it isn't an excuse to break the rules yourself. That's not going to fly in any online game I've ever played.

"
Chalace2 wrote:

Did you report them?

You are absolutely right, 'stooping to their level' in a sense will never get you anywhere. But we all get triggered at one point or another, blatant ignorance, (open) sexism & racism just happens to be mine.

Did I report them? I have no idea, probably not. But at the same time, is it my job to police chat?
Surely any report should be considered in the appropriate context, an obvious flaw in the current system. (The report only shows the single line posted, I have no doubt whatever I said deserved a mute, out of context, no issues with that at all)

Did I get trolled? Probably. That only shows how flawed the system is.
People should not be subjected to such disgusting chat, and expected to police it themselves... really.

(Of course, this is the internet etc.etc. but global can't go 60s without this type of drivel being spammed 24/7, we're not talking about occasional one off's here)
Last edited by Chalace2 on Jul 23, 2018, 6:53:37 PM
"
The GMs as you call them likely aren't paid enough to bother delving into the context of a single conflict/report most of the time.

Not entirely sure what you were expecting with this but it's a ridiculous statement.
'pay' has nothing to do with it. Are 'they' being paid by the infraction?

If you have a job to do, you do it properly.
The current system is just blanket ignorance in favor of the trolls that goad reports. It may well be a time/manpower issue, but that certainly isn't an excuse to think it's right or acceptable.

"

And I'm pretty sure they operate with the credo 'two wrongs don't make a right'...

Agreed, and rightly so.

The underlying issue is that the chat is rampant with this drivel, and GGG expect the players to police themselves, which will never work, ever. It is commonplace to think of 'Global' in this way, and that is sad.

If they spent a month actively cleaning up the chats, so they were actually a decent place to be social it would do wonders for the game. Right now it is a disease, and it will not go away on its own.
Last edited by Chalace2 on Jul 23, 2018, 8:35:52 PM
How many chat mods are there at one time? How many chat channels and how many messages are there to monitor? Does anybody really think the mods can catch all the infractions and take action without the help of people pointing them in the right direction with the report button? I’ve accidentally opened global chat and see the volume of posts in there. It’s not that easy to just “clean it up”.

Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
Chalace2 wrote:
"
Sarno wrote:
"
Chalace2 wrote:

Sounds like you were reported.

What someone else says may be a reason to report them, but it isn't an excuse to break the rules yourself. That's not going to fly in any online game I've ever played.

"
Chalace2 wrote:

Did you report them?

You are absolutely right, 'stooping to their level' in a sense will never get you anywhere. But we all get triggered at one point or another, blatant ignorance, (open) sexism & racism just happens to be mine.

Did I report them? I have no idea, probably not. But at the same time, is it my job to police chat?
Surely any report should be considered in the appropriate context, an obvious flaw in the current system. (The report only shows the single line posted, I have no doubt whatever I said deserved a mute, out of context, no issues with that at all)

Did I get trolled? Probably. That only shows how flawed the system is.
People should not be subjected to such disgusting chat, and expected to police it themselves... really.

(Of course, this is the internet etc.etc. but global can't go 60s without this type of drivel being spammed 24/7, we're not talking about occasional one off's here)

They only look at the line in the report and take action from that. That's why you were punished and the other guy was not. It sucks but that's how it is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info