[3.11] Ice CRASH IT ALL Juggernaut * beginner & budget friendly! tank with high dps!

"
ConanCcM wrote:
I edited my post cause i read Righteous Decree wrong.

But if you get that jewel working in PoB, please let me/us know! Right now i have no clue and need to spent regret orb for it...

I am not very creative with this stuff.

But in playing around with it, at least for my play style, I think if I was to use it I would place it next to Golem's Blood.

That would give you access to:

Savagery: +1 to Frenzy charges
Vigour: +1 to Endurance charges
Spine Crusher: Scepter attack speed and damage

That would be 3 very powerful nodes to take for only 3 passive points. But you also give up the damage and life that jewel slot would normally carry plus it gives you the resist penalty (which only hurts you if your over cap is on the lower side. It did actually effect one of my resists).

Over all it is very interesting but not enough for me to try it out.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Dec 30, 2019, 4:44:25 PM
"
ajewveli wrote:
How are you able to maintain 3 auras (blood and sand/hatred/herald) and have mana for casting ice crash without a lvl 3 enlighten+?

I end up having 115/679 mana and I'm using Tireless node with Enlighten lvl 2.
Last edited by saif3r on Dec 30, 2019, 5:25:48 PM
"
saif3r wrote:
"
ajewveli wrote:
How are you able to maintain 3 auras (blood and sand/hatred/herald) and have mana for casting ice crash without a lvl 3 enlighten+?

And you're using blood and sand, hatred and herald of purity? If i use all of those with my lvl 2 enlighten I only have 25/646 mana and I also have tireless.. My Ice crash costs 28 mana so I cannot cast it.
Last edited by ajewveli on Dec 30, 2019, 6:12:35 PM
"
ajewveli wrote:
"
saif3r wrote:
"
ajewveli wrote:

And you're using blood and sand, hatred and herald of purity? If i use all of those with my lvl 2 enlighten I only have 25/646 mana and I also have tireless.. My Ice crash costs 28 mana so I cannot cast it.

Yes, Hatred reserves 50% (don't gave enlighten on it), Herald 24%, Blood and Sand 9%, giving me total of 83% of mana reserved. 17% * 679 leaves me with 115 mana for IC.

By the way, i just realized that i should put Hatred with Enlighten so i did it just now. That leaves me with 129/679 mana atm.
Last edited by saif3r on Dec 30, 2019, 6:22:28 PM
"
"
GoochSmooch wrote:
Andy:

Can you point me into the next direction? I've fixed up my stuff from earlier. I am 5 bars from 80 and will be able to get some rings and annointments.

Looks much better now! Great job.

Here are your next steps to consider.

1) you have to get all resists to 75 or you are going to die fast in end game. Make sure cold is your highest uncappee resist if you keep using Wise Oak

2) You have a negative life regen. I can't from a quick glance figure out why this is happening. You appear to have taken all the correct nodes to sustain Bloodrage. I think it might be your abyssus helmet. That helmet is not really recommended for this build outside of a few encounters. You may want to look into a helmet that will help life and resists and get your life regen positive again when using blood rage.

3) After you fix the two issues above, you should save up for Mark of the Elder Ring and a shaper ring to pair with it.

Thanks Andy! What helmet do you recommend? What does the one you use have over a rare helmet? Also - I have full play with my ring slots - was waiting for level 80 to get the recommended ones but what do you recommend minimum stats to be? I'm looking for those slots to cap my resistances.
"
GoochSmooch wrote:

Thanks Andy! What helmet do you recommend? What does the one you use have over a rare helmet? Also - I have full play with my ring slots - was waiting for level 80 to get the recommended ones but what do you recommend minimum stats to be? I'm looking for those slots to cap my resistances.

I love the Starkonja for this build if you can get the right enchantment on it.

Starkonja gives extra survive-ability in a difficult meta right now.

As for the stats, get as high as possible on all variable stats on the Elder ring(all 5 of them are great for the build so maximize as much as wallet allows).

For the shaper ring, use it as a utility to take care of life and resists and if you can sneak in some damage, that is great too!
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Dec 30, 2019, 7:10:20 PM
"
"
GoochSmooch wrote:

I love the Starkonja for this build if you can get the right enchantment on it.

Starkonja gives extra survive-ability in a difficult meta right now.

As for the stats, get as high as possible on all variable stats on the Elder ring(all 5 of them are great for the build so maximize as much as wallet allows).

For the shaper ring, use it as a utility to take care of life and resists and if you can sneak in some damage, that is great too!

Hi Andy,

Please take a look at my items. I'm now at 52%(52%) fire resist, 78%(115%) cold, 64%(64%) lightning without endurance charges. With charges, the only one not maxed is fire by 10%. Whats the best way to augment my gear to hit max? The only slot I really want to change now is my helm to Starkonjas.
"
GoochSmooch wrote:

Hi Andy,

Please take a look at my items. I'm now at 52%(52%) fire resist, 78%(115%) cold, 64%(64%) lightning without endurance charges. With charges, the only one not maxed is fire by 10%. Whats the best way to augment my gear to hit max? The only slot I really want to change now is my helm to Starkonjas.

damn it :)

I have been so focused on your gear that I did not pay close enough attention to your whole build.

Your biggest issue is your ascension. You have completed only two labs. You should have completed 4 labs by now.

Here is your next path to improve your character

1) Complete the merciless lab and take Unbreakable

2) Complete the eternal lab and take Unstoppable

After you take unstoppable, change out your boots for rare that have life and resists. I would not recommend relying on endurance charges to get your resists cap when playing.

Once you get the rare boots, you will have 4 more sockets, two of which should immediately go to Hatred and Herald of Purity for a massive DPS boost.

after you make these changes, along with the helmet, and if you keep leveling, you will be plenty strong enough to go well into red maps and pick up close to 20 watchstones and let you die repeatedly to Sirus if you like :)
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Dec 30, 2019, 9:07:04 PM
"
"
GoochSmooch wrote:

Hi Andy,

damn it :)

I have been so focused on your gear that I did not pay close enough attention to your whole build.

Your biggest issue is your ascension. You have completed only two labs. You should have completed 4 labs by now.

Here is your next path to improve your character

1) Complete the merciless lab and take Unbreakable

2) Complete the eternal lab and take Unstoppable

After you take unstoppable, change out your boots for rare that have life and resists. I would not recommend relying on endurance charges to get your resists cap when playing.

Once you get the rare boots, you will have 4 more sockets, two of which should immediately go to Hatred and Herald of Purity for a massive DPS boost.

after you make these changes, along with the helmet, and if you keep leveling, you will be plenty strong enough to go well into red maps and pick up close to 20 watchstones and let you die repeatedly to Sirus if you like :)

Oh damn - I knew I missed something important. I'll work on those now and update you later once complete. Thanks again for all your support.
How does having an off-hand work in PoE? I see this build calls for two maces, but does having a non-mace off-hand matter? When I try Frostbreath in the main slot, and a rare mace in the off-hand slot, my dps goes down according to my character info. However, I know that the Frostbreath has good cold damage synergies so I would assume I would have to use it as the main weapon. Do I still get the increased chill duration and the double damage to chilled enemies if I use Frostbreath in the off-hand slot?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info