Uber lab traps

"
SuperMotte wrote:
"
Phaeded wrote:
"
SuperMotte wrote:
Killing someone because you dislike a gamemechanic is embarrassing.

You're right, but please read it again. I didn't say I would kill a PERSON. I would kill the traps. Easy to misread that as me wanting to kill the person that created them but I chose my words carefully and wrote what I meant. I would kill an inanimate object... a lab trap. M'kay?

I totaly understood that you meant to kill the trap.
But to kill the trap it has to be alive and not necessary a person / human so you kill a living being just out of anger from your own inability to evade them.
M'kay?

Well, you're still wrong, but this is way off topic. It's not that I don't have the ability to evade them, I don't like having to bother. And you can kill something inanimate. I believe that printer was killed pretty darn good in Office Space, no? That's the type of frustration I'm talking about my friend. Enough said on that I think.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Pyrokar wrote:
It was in the game conference they held in one of the slides of their slide show. They actually went up there and said: "Hey guys we put frogger into our game!"

And they said it with a straight face. What the hell.

I think this is sauce https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1824790? If it isn't Google it.

Yes, you're absolutely correct. A bit more below.

"
The Prison had some of the earliest gauntlets we designed. This one is affectionately nicknamed the "Frogger" gauntlet.

Players dodge the first sentry, run over the automatic spikes while they're down, then try not to get run over by the sentries in the lanes while waiting to run into the next one.

It's one of our few totally symmetrical gauntlets, and we used that to our advantage. Players who recognize the pattern can anticipate the flying blade sentry on the other side of the gauntlet.

Actually, the truth is that Frogger is a much better game to play than lab trap gauntlets, IMHO. Primarily because the keyboard is a far super input device for this type of game play than the mouse.

Thanks for finding it turtledove. I think we can all agree that frogger is a better platforming game than Poe. You can actually see where you are going in frogger.

Poe's lab was a mistake and rewarding AC points for completing it an even bigger one.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Pyrokar wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Pyrokar wrote:
It was in the game conference they held in one of the slides of their slide show. They actually went up there and said: "Hey guys we put frogger into our game!"

And they said it with a straight face. What the hell.

I think this is sauce https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1824790? If it isn't Google it.

Yes, you're absolutely correct. A bit more below.

"
The Prison had some of the earliest gauntlets we designed. This one is affectionately nicknamed the "Frogger" gauntlet.

Players dodge the first sentry, run over the automatic spikes while they're down, then try not to get run over by the sentries in the lanes while waiting to run into the next one.

It's one of our few totally symmetrical gauntlets, and we used that to our advantage. Players who recognize the pattern can anticipate the flying blade sentry on the other side of the gauntlet.

Actually, the truth is that Frogger is a much better game to play than lab trap gauntlets, IMHO. Primarily because the keyboard is a far super input device for this type of game play than the mouse.

Thanks for finding it turtledove. I think we can all agree that frogger is a better platforming game than Poe. You can actually see where you are going in frogger.

Poe's lab was a mistake and rewarding AC points for completing it an even bigger one.
I completely agree that lab was a mistake.

As evidence, beyond the unending stream of criticism lab gets from players, including multiple streamers, the rest of those making ARPGs seems to agree because in a genre where everybody seems to copy (and sometimes adapt) what works for other firms no other dev team seems eager to copy lab.

Gating character progression behind a gaming experience unlike the rest of the game was a particularly headscratching move. Why not connect character progression to doing things that are ... in character and in genre, instead of gating it behind a 2D sidescroller mini-game?
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info