Uber lab traps

"
are even worse than before. Why didn't you listen to the feedback? PLease cut back on the effing traps please.
I haven't noticed a change in traps at any level, just as others haven't noticed a change.

You probably just ran into some extra lousy RNG concerning which trap configurations happened to show up and you probably have a better feel now for "bottom" concerning how truly fucking annoying some combinations of traps can be.

Usually there's regression toward the mean over time, so the good news is that on average traps in uber lab will probably suck somewhat less for you in the future.

I guess that's good news?
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
"
It's embarrassing if you die to traps.

I have reached a point in my PoE experience where the true challenge of the Uber Lab for most of my builds is not the boss, it is the sheer monotony of negotiating the Lab.

As such, I actually still occasionally die to traps, due to inattention or laziness just trying to bull through a gauntlet.

And I am, indeed, embarrassed. You can't spell embarrass without Ass.

P.S. to the OP - you probably just hit a shitty lab layout. Wait until tomorrow. Occasionally the random design will throw out an especially egregious trap gauntlet that seems impossible and you cannot avoid. Or several, for that matter.

The lab is almost as boring and annoying as we've historically come to expect. It has become slightly less deadly though as character power creep has grown. It is still as frustrating though as pointed out in the OP, as this nonsense doesn't belong in an ARPG.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
The traps are meant to be dangerous. Tis why you ahve to do trials to prepare yourself and the trials IMO are harder then the traps in the uber lab.

Use movement skills if your not tanky like me.
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
"
It's embarrassing if you die to traps.

I have reached a point in my PoE experience where the true challenge of the Uber Lab for most of my builds is not the boss, it is the sheer monotony of negotiating the Lab.

As such, I actually still occasionally die to traps, due to inattention or laziness just trying to bull through a gauntlet.

And I am, indeed, embarrassed. You can't spell embarrass without Ass.

P.S. to the OP - you probably just hit a shitty lab layout. Wait until tomorrow. Occasionally the random design will throw out an especially egregious trap gauntlet that seems impossible and you cannot avoid. Or several, for that matter.

I did it today and managed to get my boot enchant. But the same painful spike section (shorter today luckily).

I tried to navigate the piercing trial yesterday too (just for the free key), and I couldnt effing finish it. The problem is the last section had no place you could "rest" to regain lost HP by regen, so you could at least get a breather.
"
Turtledove wrote:
The lab is almost as boring and annoying as we've historically come to expect. It has become slightly less deadly though as character power creep has grown. It is still as frustrating though as pointed out in the OP, as this nonsense doesn't belong in an ARPG.

There's definately further room for improvement. I mean Izaro is fine. Could even buff his HP as far as I'm concered.
"
blazer572 wrote:
The traps are meant to be dangerous. Tis why you ahve to do trials to prepare yourself and the trials IMO are harder then the traps in the uber lab.

Oh I'm using blink arrow, and MS flask. A stone golem lets me regen some.
"
"
blazer572 wrote:

Be sure to be using a bleed flask as well. If you get hit by certain traps and start bleeding, it will wreck ya as well.
"
blazer572 wrote:
"
"
blazer572 wrote:

Be sure to be using a bleed flask as well. If you get hit by certain traps and start bleeding, it will wreck ya as well.

And as a corollary to that, CWDT + IC can be a lifesaver in gauntlets that have both Hitting and DoT traps.
Don't forget to switch this on before doing the lab:

Soul of Ralakesh
25% chance to avoid Bleeding
25% reduced Physical Damage over Time Damage taken while moving
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info