[3.5] FACETANK THE WORLD | Instant Leech! 8k+ life, 2.5m+ Shaper DPS Double Strike

Can you explain why you said that Worthy Foe ascendancy is 30% more dmg when it just says 20% increased damage?

Is that build viable with 1 claw+shield?

I also suppose that the helm choice is only for SC, I can't see anyone using that help seriously on HC.
Last edited by Rainlosss on Dec 31, 2018, 3:08:07 AM
Have been playing this build for a while now on standard and I must say its very enjoyable. My build is a bit different than yours but I noticed you dropped blood magic in 3.5 so they are more similar now. I don't know if anyone cares but since I am having so much fun with this build I would like to discuss it with anyone who is interested.

I don't really seem to need chance for power charge on my offhand. During mapping it's very easy to keep them up and for bosses it seems very doable (recorded a few shapers and guardians to analyze afterwards). Still looking for a claw with decent dps + power charge on crit + crit/crit multi/attack speed.

Keep going back and forth between these two. Right now I am leaning towards the 15% double dmg even though it is much less consistent (especially when mapping).

Getting +1 to gem levels did not really grant me any significant DPS increase so went for the +crit. The level 1 maim seems interesting but ended up going for this one. I have been thinking about getting a 21/20 regular double strike since I would like to try the added melee range.

This is one I haven't seen yet (at least not in this thread). I am a huge fan of these gloves and I think they work quite well with this build. I have close to 400 dex so thats ~100 life and ~80% inc. melee phys. dmg. I do not miss the bleedsplosions since I have herald of ash and the chance to cause bleeding I have on jewels.

Just lots of life and resist. Got enough to allow me to focus on DPS on the amulet. Still looking for a second ring with % inc. maximum life.

Had some legacy flasks lying around :-)

Got 15% chance to cause bleeding from jewels with some added duration.

All in all I am pretty happy with this build. Still haven't done uber elder with it (been busy fixing my atlas after 3.5, thanks GGG) but I plan on trying it soon.

Thanks for an awesome build PsychicMuffin.
Last edited by Wramberg on Dec 31, 2018, 4:16:36 AM
This is setup I ended up with:

Daresso chest has some advantages, 40% attack speed, frees up silver flask, long duration immortal calls form endurance charges. it isn't best for bosses, because thers gonna be downtime for onslaught, but for mapping, I'd take that over rare. Rare chest with maim + crit increases damage for abour 10-15%. Lorewave will result in bit less damage, few %, but miles better survival, and this is imo the best opion, I was just bored of using same chest on multiple characters in a row. Note white socket in chest, i put there phystolightning for phys reflect and can run them np, ele reflect without any changes. Only mod this build can't really run is no leech (rare). But reflects you can run without worrying about potion uptime.

I went for higher physical variant, so no hatred (less shatters, more bleedexplosions), and higher % of dps being phys = better impale (40% master of metal + banner).

Gloves with vulnerability proc: big damage boost, extra bleed chance (we hit 6x per attack, packs explode more consistently everything gets good bleed chance).
Belt od deceiver: intimidate is massive damage boost, along with reduction from crits, really good and cheap belt, costs us some life, but it results in more damage than rare with jewel, and overall probably more defensive with crit reduction (worth more than few % more life). I ended up having bit over 7k life @ level 96.
Kaoms roots, high hp, immunity to freeze and stun (even while we are off forfity, i didnt use perma fortify passive). Additionally they trivialize elder encounter.

Killed uber elder no problem, but you need to know the fight to dodge properly, it is more difficult than for example with blade flurry, which is pretty much ranged ability, so you can insta heal from distance. Double strike needs to be up close.
I recommend keeping melee splash gem for fights with many adds, and for elder/uber elder, you can quickly deal witgh portal phase. Without any aoe, it gets sketchy, can't keep up killing all the squids.
Last edited by aerial on Dec 31, 2018, 12:37:31 PM
Heya, I'm new to this game and I'm using this build as my initial build for my duelist. However I have a question, I couldn't understand properly, it's written that leech op etc, but why is Vaal Pact skipped?
"
FlybyLV wrote:
Heya, I'm new to this game and I'm using this build as my initial build for my duelist. However I have a question, I couldn't understand properly, it's written that leech op etc, but why is Vaal Pact skipped?

Normally life leech in poe is capped:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Leech

So if you get more and more damage or/and more leech % from gear/tree you can't boost that forever (so for example you hit a boss with 1mil damage hit, you would heal to full in 0,1s).
Bloodseeker goes over that limitation, and life is applied instantly and there is no cap. That is why with this item you can tank shaper beams, all sorts of damage that aren't 1 shots because you heal to full with basically every attack, if you deal enough damage.

Vaal pact does 3 things:
- doubles life leech (nice for us but not needed, we already have enough leech for the most part)
- double life leech RATE (which means, it would double the cap of how fast life regens with leech without bloodseeker, for any normal weapon. For bloodseeker that stat is completely useless and it does nothing, beacuse life is applied instantly).
- you lose all life regen (this is negative part of vaal pact, you don't want that)

It is basically not worth to lose life regen only to get 2x stronger leech, because it is strong enough with what we have. Note that ppl even drop life leech from claws, they get crit multi/power charge on crit, because even after sacrificing those, you have enough leech.
Sincere thanks Aerial for explanation. Happy NY!
There is one more thing worth noting. If you have high attack speed, especially with daresso chest, dropping multistrike gem. In my case ruthless is still 2% more damage. But what you really gain is two things:
You are not getting locked in place while attacking for that long, just 2 quick swings and you can dash further. It feels lot smoother to clear this way. Click once, packs pop anyway. Its unique feature of double strike that you already attack twice, so it kinda feels like other skills with multistrike by default.
Another big thing is, vaal double strike, like all vaal skills don't get bonus from multistrike, that is dead gem for it. So by using different support you gain lot more damage to vaal double strike clones.
Im having mana problems, I see in the videos(old) that he has 0 mana for double strike.
"
wilds wrote:
Im having mana problems, I see in the videos(old) that he has 0 mana for double strike.

are you trying to run Hatred Herald of Purity and Ash? bcs that will leave you with barely any mana left if you dont have a lvl 4 Enlighten,

atm with a lvl 3 enlighten if i roll with all 3 i barely have mana for 1 Double strike and you dont really need all 3 of them since Hatred and Purity is the ones the boosting the dmg the most
Hi you may have answered it somewhere around here but what unique chest would u use in this build till we could craft our own chest cheers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info