[3.5] FACETANK THE WORLD | Instant Leech! 8k+ life, 2.5m+ Shaper DPS Double Strike

"
goopQ wrote:
"
PsychicMuffin wrote:
Lastly, you're lacking a bit of base crit from me since you have no corruption on your gloves...

How much would you pay for a single corrupt Haemophilia with +Crit?
Well I paid an exalt for my .77s, and if push came to shove I probably would have paid 2. They only add 5% effective crit chance and thus around 5% more damage, but crit consistency has value outside of damage as well.

"
"
pit_11 wrote:
Is there reason to not use Carnage Heart in this build besides it's not give u max life? Maybe I don't understand some mechanics? It gives a lot of leeching and more dps than rare amulet

You don't need more max leech when you're leeching instantly with Blood Seeker. Also it's not more damage than a rare. 40% (additive) damage while leeching isn't better than a rare with flat phys damage, crit chance and crit damage, and /or physical as light/fire/cold.

Carnage Heart and Bloodseeker...that's just about the stupidest combo possible.
Actually we wouldn't even GET that damage because we are NEVER leeching for more than an instant. At the time the game is going to calculate damage we will definitely never be leeching since it completed instantly from our last hit. Even if we DID get the damage though it's still a 6% damage drop from my current amulet, which to be honest doesn't have that much damage on it since I favored life and int. The phys leech can be nice, but eventually you have enough damage with our current leech sources that you never die while you're leeching. Could be decent to use early on in character progression if you feel like you don't have enough leech and you're dying, but I think picking up vitality void would be better. You could get some fancy double corruptions on it, but it's just not going to be more damage, and will cost like 400 life.

Also, that offhand is disgusting, Damage, and I probably need gear swaps like that if I want to not die to uber elder paralyze, it just seems like so much effort =(.
[3.3] FACETANK THE WORLD: Instant Leech Immortal Double Strike: poeurl.com/b0JX
[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian: poeurl.com/ZGS
would a chest with these stats be worth it??
Quality: +20%

Armour: 980

Item Level: 85

Requires Level 64, 180 Str

+12% to all Elemental Resistances

S6 [28—32]+29 to Strength(of the Gorilla)

P1+106 to Armour

P2 + P1+152 to maximum Life

P2 8% increased maximum Life

S7 +14% to Cold Resistance

S2Attacks have +0.89% to Critical Strike Chance

(pseudo) +166.5 total maximum Life

Corrupted

~price 15 exa
"
PsychicMuffin wrote:
Actually we wouldn't even GET that damage because we are NEVER leeching for more than an instant. At the time the game is going to calculate damage we will definitely never be leeching since it completed instantly from our last hit.

Oh snap lol. Makes sense.
Hi, Does the Bloodseeker Claw needs to be in the main hand? I've asked this because I want to use Leap Slam too and it requires a Sword on MH. Thanks!
"
kr1pk wrote:
Hi, Does the Bloodseeker Claw needs to be in the main hand? I've asked this because I want to use Leap Slam too and it requires a Sword on MH. Thanks!

Yes, as Double Strike only uses the main hand to attack. If blood seeker is in the other, then you wouldnt be leeching as you dont use it when you attack.
"
Buckethead8 wrote:
would a chest with these stats be worth it??
Quality: +20%

Armour: 980

Item Level: 85

Requires Level 64, 180 Str

+12% to all Elemental Resistances

S6 [28—32]+29 to Strength(of the Gorilla)

P1+106 to Armour

P2 + P1+152 to maximum Life

P2 8% increased maximum Life

S7 +14% to Cold Resistance

S2Attacks have +0.89% to Critical Strike Chance

(pseudo) +166.5 total maximum Life

Corrupted

~price 15 exa
Good lord, that is absurd. The tier 2 crit hurts, but if that's 6L (and it probably is since it's corrupted) that's probably worth the 15 if it has your colors.

"
kr1pk wrote:
Unfortunately, double strike always attacks twice with your main hand weapon, so if you want the instant leech gotta be in main. Believe me, I would love to use leap slam.
"
PsychicMuffin wrote:

"
kr1pk wrote:
Unfortunately, double strike always attacks twice with your main hand weapon, so if you want the instant leech gotta be in main. Believe me, I would love to use leap slam.

Appreciate your quick response! Just leveled to 43 and now realized what you mean. Thanks!
YA its got all my colors, the corruption made it 6 white sockets :)
Hello guys! Fast question, what a reason to pick up in offhand rapier?as i know, if we have light dmg, its a big chance to schock anamies, so the claws or bis-scepetr can have extra light dmg mod and in this case it will be stronger then rapier or i missed something?
"
Konan88 wrote:
Hello guys! Fast question, what a reason to pick up in offhand rapier?as i know, if we have light dmg, its a big chance to schock anamies, so the claws or bis-scepetr can have extra light dmg mod and in this case it will be stronger then rapier or i missed something?

"
PsychicMuffin wrote:
So the way shock works now is the enemy takes increased damage equivalent to 5x the % of life it lost in the hit. So if you hit a monster for .2% of its life, it would be shocked for 1% additional damage (minimum you have to deal to inflict a shock). Shaper has something like 20 million hp, so to shock him you have to hit him with 40k lightning damage.

I'm currently hitting for like 25k fire damage on a crit ruthless proc, and that's how much lightning damage I'd be doing if I had added lighting as well. Since the Shaper has 20m health...we're hitting him for .125%, which would shock for just over half a percent, but that's below the 1% minimum so we wouldn't shock. You could tweak stuff a bit like drop multistrike so that you hit less often but harder, but that makes your leech a lot less useful. The problem is PoB still uses the old shock calculations, so it's just on or off for insane damage buffs, but even then there was a big minimum threshold for applying shock and this kind of build can't hit it. You just aren't actually getting that shock damage buff; PoB is lying to you =P.
This means that because the crit multi implicit so vastly outperforms other implicits, we'd need a FOUR added damage scepter to outperform a TWO added damage rapier. Those definitely exist...but I don't really recommend dropping a mirror for 10% more damage, but hey if you got it you can.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info