[3.5] FACETANK THE WORLD | Instant Leech! 8k+ life, 2.5m+ Shaper DPS Double Strike

"
kan333 wrote:
"
PsychicMuffin wrote:
UPDATE TIME!

I've updated the guide to the 3.4 tag and added a "what's new" for what I changed for delve (which is just vaal ancestral warchief).

I also added some leveling uniques and reworked the skill tree section to include the alternate version that runs purities and arctic armour instead of blood magic.

Let me know if I missed anything, and thanks for continuing to follow and comment guys!

Honestly, your original tree was better. You can get nearly the same HP (40hp for me) and slightly more damage (1%) by doing the below. The reason I like this tree is that it feels like it gives more opportunity to the player to expand into health or damage at their discretion. Your new one puts the last of the health at the end of all the damage nodes. Just personal opinion I guess.

https://pastebin.com/bpwkrPwU
Hmmm, you make an interesting point. I initially picked the new tree because the life and damage were about the same but it had free extra evasion in it, so it is more min/maxed if you're already super high level. Btw you can drop a pathing point to bloodless and if you path from the right side to weapon artistry you can get aspect of the lynx for 1 point. I think the differences are subtle and damage is great when gearing up because we do facetank and instant leech. I guess it's a tough call, maybe I'll include both trees.

"
Loudstorm wrote:
I found 4L additional Vaal Double Strike really useful. Another one is level 19 because going to corrupt it when it get's to level 20, and to be honest 19 is enough for everything, except for phoenix, as I can see.

What extactly will frost bomb do for this build? If I have to pick 1 out of 2, what should I get, frost bomb or cold snap? What about bloodrage on boss?

Life flask helps with bleed, less regen (because blood rage degen kills), desecrated ground, labyrinth (lava chamber) traps, delve darkness, etc. I can't imagine my life without it.

And lastly, should I avoid big explosion with current 7.6k life pool?
But...WHY is it useful? It does less damage than your 6L and consumes vaal souls that are shared between both. I don't understand. Cold snap just lets you get frenzies against bosses, but it's only effective in bursts. Frost Bomb is just constantly giving you more damage from the minus res, it's basically always up when you need it. You can easily skip the bloodrage on CWDT since it's instant now, I'll probably drop it from my gem setup in the future.

Ok so traps, darkness, and specific map mods it can be pretty good (both flasks can have staunching if you need it), but none of those are a problem for guardian fights and such, so you should probably have another defensive flask like a jade to swap in for those times (or use a jade flask by default and swap in the life flask for delves/certain map mods). Some people love their life flasks, but having high evasion can really help when we have nothing to leech off of, and we have such high health that flask doesn't really do that much by comparison. Yes, always avoid the phoenix explosion =P as it can do up to 13k fire damage with no mods, and penetrates 50% fire resistance.

"
PhreEkGarden wrote:
Would picking up vitality void make a noticeable difference in leech?
I mean, we are instant leech so we can always benefit from more, but generally speaking once you're build is going you don't die while leeching. There is a tiny subset of things that we can't facetank, but it's probably better to learn them and dodge than spend 3 skill points on more leech that could go towards life or damage. If you're starting out however and you're struggling to facetank simple map bosses it could help, but I didn't personally run into that issue.

"
HDTanel wrote:
Hey!
First of all very well detailed build guide, thanks!

Im searching for a new build to play.. and as a starter for leagues that can scale without having to make a new char half way through.

Atm I´ve been facerolling with trapper that can do all content BUT.. it is squishy as hell and I hate it.. dying many times lvl80-90 range is pain in the ass.. and just so completely demoralizes from playing traps at that range.

I looked at tanky builds and this came up.. havent played melee in a long long time but seems this could be good for both high tier maps and delves?

High tier maps 10+ I get random deaths from one, two shotted by random mobs or bosses at times. Plus DELVE-s as trapper is decent but still so squishy, very easy to one\two shot die.
Well, a build with a nuclear stockpile of HP and instant leech sounds like just the change of pace you're looking for! It has about as good of clear speed as you can get for true melee (not cheating ranged melee like you sunder), and absolutely deletes bosses face first! If you have traps that can clear the whole screen with one toss it might not be able to match the clear, but the playstyle is definitely fun.
[3.3] FACETANK THE WORLD: Instant Leech Immortal Double Strike: poeurl.com/b0JX
[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian: poeurl.com/ZGS
"
leethal wrote:
"
kan333 wrote:
"
leethal wrote:
Hello all. I'm new to duelist and melee. Can someone look at my gear and see what upgrades I can make with around 2 ex?

Sure

The first thing you need to do is get a Shaper offhand. Set up a poe.trade notification for a rapier with 35%+ extra damage as cold, damage penetrates 6%+ elemental resists and either a crit multiplier roll or an open suffix to put one on. Death's Hand is OK for leveling but the the sword I just noted costs around 5c to 40c depending on the time of day and would give you 12% increased damage.

You can get better jewelry than you have for 5 to 15c each. You want physical damage rolls on each piece of jewelry and a crit multiplier roll on your amulet. Write down all your resists and figure out what you need total. I can pretty much guarantee you can could spend 60c or less on all 3 pieces, end up with physical damage rolls on all of them, a crit roll on amulet and end up with 250hp or more than you have now.

Hi thanks for the advice. I've upgraded my offhand and ammy, how about for the rings, what should i get stat wise?
Life and res! That's all I really went for on mine, with some mid tier or crafted flat phys if I could manage it but not a priority. There isn't too much damage to get on normal rings, mostly just flat phys which we already have a ton of, and attack speed which we want a lot more but is pretty hard to come by. Considering how much res we actually need and how much we benefit from flat life I basically just don't think it's worth it to try and get damage on rings.

"
PhreEkGarden wrote:
I'm also still just using a prismatic eclipse with 3 greens. Working on getting enough currency for a nice offhand, as it seems like a huge amount of DPS.
Yeah, it's a completely broken amount of damage. Shaper stat sticks are likely getting nerfed in December's patch, maybe just numerical or nerfs to the mods or preventing them from rolling too many on one item, but maybe something crazy like the mods becoming local so they only apply to damage with that weapon. Use 'em while they're busted!

"
HDTanel wrote:
"
Ulkio wrote:
Am I doing something wrong ? https://pastebin.com/MzD8iVkt
I don't know what else I can change in the configuration tab, yet it doesn't show the actual dps ... Or is it really that low ? I kill t5 bosses in less than 3sec even with clearing gems, it's as fast as my frost blade build which shows 800k dps :/

I just finished my Path Of Building, I think it shows the low DPS just because it does not calculate the ATTACKS PER SECOND into it.. this build has 10 attacks per second and average per one attack you do 8k damage.. so multiply it :P

PS! Im a very newbie at this so I might be wrong :D
Everything seems normal to me. I pop in maim and ruthless and change the boss to Shaper/Guardian and I see 325k. That is an absolutely disgusting amount of damage for level 71. Sure it's not 2 million but you have a lot of character growth yet. You have no 6L, no elder chest, no corruptions, no lab enchant, no jewels, no gem quality, 1 damage flask. You are on track just fine, no need to worry! Keep playin' and you'll get there =).
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
Loudstorm wrote:
Btw Eradicator in t15 melt me with 8k hp :\

Eradicator does one million damage hits. I am not longer suprised of getting one shot by him. He probably has lightning penetration too.

My summoner had over 10k life and eradicator killed him too :)
Yeah...that's the guy with the super lightning tendrils that also sometimes turns into a lightning tentacle ball and you have to run around finding trash mobs to leech from while he zaps you. That fight fucking sucks for this build, I admit. I'm pretty sure I can facetank all his lightning stuff with my finished build, but I definitely died to him around level 90 when trying red elder with mediocre gear, plus the non-leechable part. If only we had instant leech AND slayer overleech. Maybe that's my next build project.

"
HDTanel wrote:
btw how do you guys calculate millions??
All I see is 4k dps on my skills ingame that im using..

edit: Oh I see, everybody is calculating the TOTAL DPS not the Average right. Total is 2mil on yours.. but lookin at my build that I made from your build on Path of Building it is 200k :D wut..

Yep, total. What PoB are you having trouble with? There's a lot of stuff in config that has to be set for the numbers to be right unfortunately.

"
wackygoose wrote:
sorry if it is already answered but it still not clear to me.

Aint it hard to sustain Vaal Souls when doing Elder/Shaper? What do you do to have those up in the right times, because we rely on them dont we?
We definitely do NOT rely on vaal souls for this build. The bois are pretty sweet and really handy for bursting stuff down, but our double strike does amazing damage on its own. All my damage numbers like 2million etc do not include the vaal doubles at all. That said, the elder has adds and stuff plus we get some souls for damaging bosses themselves, so when I was doing uber elder I probably got the bois off twice on average. For shaper he has add phases plus does the thing where he teleports you away and you have to run back and get all your vaal souls back in that time, so I probably get them off 3 times every shaper fight on average.
"
PsychicMuffin wrote:
But...WHY is it useful? It does less damage than your 6L and consumes vaal souls that are shared between both. I don't understand. Cold snap just lets you get frenzies against bosses, but it's only effective in bursts. Frost Bomb is just constantly giving you more damage from the minus res, it's basically always up when you need it. You can easily skip the bloodrage on CWDT since it's instant now, I'll probably drop it from my gem setup in the future.

As I can see (and feel) 4 souls do same amount of damage, as 6 link AoE double strike setup, probably more if tartet bleeds.

https://youtu.be/we5s7ZY7Ax0

It kills third boss in racecourse, while I'm killing two others, for example. Vaal cold snap gives me ~195k dps, and 4 souls gives around ~400k for 10 seconds, and probably more if target bleeds, not sure if Vaal Double Strike works this way. Frenzy last 10 seconds too.

Will try Frost Bomb.
Last edited by Loudstorm on Sep 13, 2018, 8:59:28 PM
Can I just say Thank you.
Thank you for spending the time to write this up and share. I've been playing this game one week now. This is my third build and I am loving the hell out of it. I am only up to level 24 but face-tanking everything, destroying bosses with a few clicks here and a few clicks there.
thank you!

-Neo-
Great build, I am loving it so far... got a few small questions, if you please:

I had some trouble saving shaper in the elder fight to qualify for watchers eyes, even using frost wall... any tips to help out? Guess better dps will fix the issue...

Also, I was wondering if you use the "always attack in place" or not on your double strike? I can see reasons for both options, and actually kind of wish we could have them on two different buttons... it is very nice to auto follow bosses instead of having to use WB to follow them, but sometimes it does strange things that seem dangerous...

Thirdly, do you find it good to use all 3 of these vaal skills? I find that in some encounters where you start without any skills, it can be a bit annoying if the skills are too spread out

I wish I knew how to link my gear, so someone could give me tips on what to focus on upgrading (currently L92 with a 6L elder astral, at least, even if i "only" have 7300 hp at the moment)

Cheers for a great build
Still leveling this build up, but a question.

How necessary is the 9k life? If you are willing to ditch blood magic and drop down to 8k hp, you can increase your DPS by more than 50% to nearly 4 million. You get to grab a few more dps nodes and can run hatred/herald of purity, in addition to being able to grab druidic rite which is just incredibly useful for flask uptime. And the loss of some HP is greatly offset against large groups of mobs by Herald of Purity in terms of survivability. I just don't know how important that 1k hp is against bosses.

https://pastebin.com/DAiZbbZ3

Hi. Im using google translator.
I spent exact 20ex on this build but my DPS gets only 70k on Hideout and my HP gets 7k. Help me.

https://pastebin.com/rEc0ajKZ
"
LeaoDoNorte wrote:
Hi. Im using google translator.
I spent exact 20ex on this build but my DPS gets only 70k on Hideout and my HP gets 7k. Help me.

https://pastebin.com/rEc0ajKZ

the listed dps by op is burst dps single target. in other words what you can expect to deal for a short time with all buffs and flasks activated. can be useful if you can kill your target during that time.

in your pob link you have what looks like a map clearing setup with ancestral call and multistrike. you may wanna put your single target setup there. also you forgot to enable all your flasks.

hideout dps is hard to get correct. it doesn't take into account the monsters being taunted = 100% chance to hit among other things.

it's hard to provide any more help without knowing what you're trying to accomplish. if you wanna calculcate burst dps or sustained dps or something else.

life is easier to calc. simply sum up the total x% increased maximum life and multiply with the flat life you have.

"
AstroShade wrote:
Still leveling this build up, but a question.

How necessary is the 9k life? If you are willing to ditch blood magic and drop down to 8k hp, you can increase your DPS by more than 50% to nearly 4 million. You get to grab a few more dps nodes and can run hatred/herald of purity, in addition to being able to grab druidic rite which is just incredibly useful for flask uptime. And the loss of some HP is greatly offset against large groups of mobs by Herald of Purity in terms of survivability. I just don't know how important that 1k hp is against bosses.

https://pastebin.com/DAiZbbZ3

it's been discussed many times. unfortunately it's a question only you can answer. how much damage/life you are comfortable with.

i don't value druidic rite high at all unless i play pathfinder. it gives extra charges which i only get from packs when i don't need them much. vs bosses when i need my flasks the most druidic rite isn't doing anything. but to each their own.
Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 14, 2018, 10:47:44 AM
"
kompaniet wrote:

it's been discussed many times. unfortunately it's a question only you can answer. how much damage/life you are comfortable with.

i don't value druidic rite high at all unless i play pathfinder. it gives extra charges which i only get from packs when i don't need them much. vs bosses when i need my flasks the most druidic rite isn't doing anything. but to each their own.

Druidic rite also gives you 20% more uptime on your flasks, not just charge rate which is also nice of course. Flasks lasting 8-10 seconds instead of 6-7 is a pretty big boost. So if you're depending on flasks for a burst to kill a boss, you get to do it for 20% longer.
Last edited by AstroShade on Sep 14, 2018, 10:18:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info