Trade Site Improvements

Yes, I agree with that. I met with the same problem as probably many other players. Auction house it's a great idea. Many other games have AH. GGG please ;)
Last edited by mateCK on Jul 18, 2018, 6:57:03 AM
Even after the trade site was laucnhed, i still used poe.trade. These improvements though are making me go towards the trade site... which is good, cos i loathe using a third party website for this tbh. Good stuff!
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
"
JayFinch wrote:

I'm not sure I understand what you meant by that, but it seems like you don't like the paragraph you quoted very much.

Perhaps you misunderstood what I meant, because this particular paragraph speaks about letting players who don't want to buy the MTX with AH spots use the current system. Kind of like you don't have to buy a premium stash to be able to post your offers, but you can, if you want to.

ah, ok.

but i don't think ggg would get a new system on top of the old one. it would rather replace the current implementation.

regarding a currency tradeboard, their issue is people being able to mass buy certain items or currency in a short timeframe as it opens up endless possibilities for market manipulation.

and, with anonymous accounts, there is no limit that can be applied to the player.

your argument of paywalling a market participation in an auction house will directly lead to complaints that ggg wants to profit from such manipulations once the economy is volatile enough to violate people's tolerance level.

it's a difficult topic but i like to discuss it nonetheless. sorry if i've been rude in the last post.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Rakaman wrote:
Just whispered around 10 people when I was trying to buy the Map to lure elder in standard. No one even answered. Give us auction house, it's so annoying and sometimes impossible to buy something. And I love when I am killing a boss and I am getting like 10 whisper from some one impatient guy that he want to buy something.

nah in that way you don't waste time
https://www.twitch.tv/boredmga
No reason to improve a trade site when you can simple add a feature in the game where "player a put an item for sale for the price he wants, then player b just buy it if he have the price player a asked, so player b receive the item instantly and player a receive the currency instantly".
I'm honestly a little confused by this news post, because I'm pretty darn sure I've used the free prefix/suffix choice for a while already...?

But that minor point aside, these changes are welcome and I think the official trading site is much preferable to poe.trade. The layout is better and I really like that items show up like in the game, and it's easy to see all the details. This wide setup also makes it very clear what the price is, who the seller is, and their online status. All this is much for muddy on poe.trade or your other layout options, which seem to just be a carbon copy of poe.trade.

It's also great to quickly make your own filters by buttons on the left side, or to get the actual details of an item and them copy it into Path of Builder. Great, great stuff :)

One feature I would like is to be able to 'free search' in the search fields. What I mean is that let's say I'm looking for Atziri's Promise but don't remember the exact name. I type in "Atziri p" and nothing shows up. Same with the stat filters. Let's say I'm looking for items that "gains" chaos damage. I type in "gain chaos" and again nothing shows up. I would need to type the exact wording, which is sometimes pretty long.

As somebody else mentioned, I'd also like the ability to search for negative modifiers, which is kind of a pain now. Quite a few items have this in various ways, so then we want to find items with the least punishing affixes.
"
Knavt wrote:
"
blackout30 wrote:
"
Luy wrote:
make it in-game and make people sell the items for the price they announce it

In game is really the only way for GGG to have their own trade app that works, right now poe.trade is what 99% of players use and will continue to use.

poe.trade nowadays is laggy shitty site, 70% using official trade, coz it have more options..

actually it is missing a buyout tool, can not set buyouts for items, which really sucks. Also POETrade only lags when the trade system is acting up, whatever that server is called, so it affects both sites.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
vio wrote:

but i don't think ggg would get a new system on top of the old one. it would rather replace the current implementation.

regarding a currency tradeboard, their issue is people being able to mass buy certain items or currency in a short timeframe as it opens up endless possibilities for market manipulation.

and, with anonymous accounts, there is no limit that can be applied to the player.

your argument of paywalling a market participation in an auction house will directly lead to complaints that ggg wants to profit from such manipulations once the economy is volatile enough to violate people's tolerance level.

You could be right that having two systems at once could have its problems. Although we kind of have two systems now with premium tabs vs using the forums or Acquisition and Procurement. The difference between premium vs forums is in convenience, same as would be with MTX enabled AH.

I just wish I could have few items posted for asynchronous sale and be able to make a few instantaneous currency trades every so often. If someone wants to trade more or downright "play the market" instead of playing the game, the current system would still be there for them.

So if GGG offered an MTX with 10 selling slots for say $5 and capped the number of such MTXs you can buy, that would be enough for me.

Of course what it would cost GGG to implement this solution is an entirely different thing.

BTW I think that GGG kind of profits from the market already. I wouldn't say they profit directly from the current manipulations, but you have to have quite a few tabs to be able to trade more...

"
vio wrote:
it's a difficult topic but i like to discuss it nonetheless.

I'm afraid GGG is the one that doesn't want to seriously discuss this with us. Or do anything about it. My impression is they're viewing what's going on in this thread as another "vocal minority" that they don't care about.

"
vio wrote:
sorry if i've been rude in the last post.

No harm done. :)
I guess it's either 1 or 48,000. Nothing in between, right?
i think u messed with the LIVE search. please dont do it or i will return to the other site. very bad move GGG :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info