[3.5] Ele Thickk - Super Tanky Ele Hit - Uber Elder Deathless -No Xoph's -No Frostferno - Videos Up

"
kopcap1348 wrote:
I really dont understand how this build works.

0) I have lots of gear to upgrade and understand it.

1) Pyre 40% cold to fire deals nothing. Ok, it increases cold snaps fire damage. Little. 0.5x -> (0.4x+0.5*0.6x)=0.7x whrere x - base cold cold snap damage.

2) Call of brotherhood:
+to Intelligence - deals nothing
increased Lightning Damage - deals nothing
increased Mana Regeneration Rate - deals nothing
Lightning to cold - deals nothing
Spells have chance to shock against Frozen Enemies - deals almost nothing. Only spell is cold snap. It has too little damage to freeze. And we gain chance to shock from Yoke, why we need one more?

3) Death walk from Bubonic Trail deals nothing, we are too far from enemies.

4) Almost all unique gear gives very little resistances. Currently i have 69/98/72/-40. After replacing Queen of the forest to Kaom it will be even smaller. Ok, I could find better helm and belt, does build suggests it should be 45/45/45?

PS sorry for my english.

Pyre and cotb is used to convert elehit dmg to fire dmg. With the gems u r only dealing fire dmg so the build only works by converting the other dmg from the gem. Cotb isnt that great anymore since the nerf this patch to the elehit jewels so drop it and use a good rare, also helps with resists. Bubonic is for the abyss sockets and the inc dmg obv. You rly should care more what the build is about instead of copy paste gear and tree ;)
ign: BETTERGOTMAHONEY
"
bamelam wrote:

Pyre and cotb is used to convert elehit dmg to fire dmg. With the gems u r only dealing fire dmg so the build only works by converting the other dmg from the gem.

2x Combat focus makes EH only choose fire. What type of convertion u talking about? Can u explain me, what happens with eg 1000 damage (already fire?) of EH during all convertions?

"
bamelam wrote:

You rly should care more what the build is about instead of copy paste gear and tree ;)

With my questions I trying to understand how build works =)
"
kopcap1348 wrote:
"
bamelam wrote:

Pyre and cotb is used to convert elehit dmg to fire dmg. With the gems u r only dealing fire dmg so the build only works by converting the other dmg from the gem.

2x Combat focus makes EH only choose fire. What type of convertion u talking about? Can u explain me, what happens with eg 1000 damage (already fire?) of EH during all convertions?

"
bamelam wrote:

You rly should care more what the build is about instead of copy paste gear and tree ;)

EH has 3 values of various elemental type damage it can deal, but the skill specifies that it can only deal 1 type - fire/cold/lightning. We convert parts of cold and lightning damage so that it becomes our base fire damage.
"
Hootbagz3 wrote:
So I got to mapping today and when I switched over to Chin Sol it felt like I took a step back instead of forward. Mapping overall went a little slower and I really feel like I'm struggling with my single target DPS.

Is there something important that I'm missing? I'm only at 17K DPS and feel like my gear should be producing better than that.

I've loaded your char into PoB and you have like 100k+-ish DPS. What you need to understand about this build is that it stacks a lot of MORE modifiers.
Point blank, Chin Sol (it is important to stay very close, at melee range for it to work), yoke + cold snap (more damage per ailment on enemy from the skill and more damage per ailment from yoke, and we consistently shock and ignite, also chill via cold snap), WED, Damage on full life, combustion, fire pen, intimidate - all that stacks multiplicatively so our damage rises rapidly with each upgrade.
I would say that first and foremost, for bossing on this build you need a 6L 3R2G1B Chin Sol (I was clearing maps up to T14 with a 5L Chin Sol then upgraded for red elder). For general clear +2 essense bow with GMP and mirage archer is absolutely fine on all tiers.
Last edited by chaoval on Sep 17, 2018, 10:21:28 AM
"
chaoval wrote:
"
kopcap1348 wrote:

"
bamelam wrote:

EH has 3 values of various elemental type damage it can deal, but the skill specifies that it can only deal 1 type - fire/cold/lightning. We convert parts of cold and lightning damage so that it becomes our base fire damage.

To put more simply. Suppose you have a ring with flat lightning/cold damage, because some of it gets converted around, AoF's reduction is not so severe.
Last edited by Absolutista on Sep 17, 2018, 10:50:46 AM
How am i suppose to go about leveling this build tree wise? Ive looked at the tree for after you can start at duelist area, but until that point what do i do.

[edit] nvm i missed the leveling pob link
Last edited by Passywassy on Sep 17, 2018, 1:13:10 PM

What do you think about my gear? I am planing to get better quiver than drillneck. What else can I get to do end game bosses? Now I am 87 level and do tier 12-13 with no problem. I haven't tried higher tiers.
"
Krebnac wrote:

What do you think about my gear? I am planing to get better quiver than drillneck. What else can I get to do end game bosses? Now I am 87 level and do tier 12-13 with no problem. I haven't tried higher tiers.

If you want to maximize damage, switch off boots to bubonic trails with nice abyss jewels.

But honestly, your current gear is enough to do all end-game bosses (just recommend to switch boots to Kaom's Roots for Uber Elder fight)
Already did all guardians, red elder and shaper, but I feel I don't have all that 'crazy' damage this build supposed to have... Maybe I'm missing something or the nerfs from 3.4 are too much? I mean, I know I have a 5L Chin Sol but I don't think the Mirage Archer does the difference on single target deletion. Maybe I need to swap from Raider to Pathfinder???

Last edited by MiguelFg on Sep 17, 2018, 9:02:11 PM
"
MiguelFg wrote:
Already did all guardians, red elder and shaper, but I feel I don't have all that 'crazy' damage this build supposed to have... Maybe I'm missing something or the nerfs from 3.4 are too much? I mean, I know I have a 5L Chin Sol but I don't think the Mirage Archer does the difference on single target deletion. Maybe I need to swap from Raider to Pathfinder???

6L chin sol will help a bit, but in general, post-nerf the build doesn't have as much of the "crazy" damage feeling it used to have. But it is still great for completing all end-game as I'm sure you already know.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info