"Accuracy Rating" to aim for in endgame builds

"
NemoJr wrote:
"
Kastmar wrote:
In my opinion 90% is pretty low. You need to to rotate thousand and thousands maps. And good accuracy can mean life or dead. So if you miss and you will miss for sure you can be dead and your progress is gone. Also critical hits are heavy dependent on accuracy. Imagine you will miss in boss fight and because of that boss kill you. Also I would like to mention, that you can miss 2x in row in thousands maps is quite often scenario. Or quite high probability.

That you automatically assumed I was a glass cannon speaks volumes about the state of the "clear speed meta", but I digress.

I'm actually making a very defensive build: Dodge (and Spell Dodge) capped, high Evasion, as much Life as I can get my hands on, Ele. Ailment immunity, not to mention high move speed. Capped Ele. Resists isn't even worth mentioning...

If that can't take a hit or two... I just might say "to hell with it" and make an Arc Trap Saboteur or something.

:)

:/
i guarantee you in some cases you would be one hit dead. I'm plying more then four years and I saw only one build to face tank everything. Of course after all these nerfs. He could face tank every boss but clearing speed was so slow that i couldn't do it. Game is in this stage: kill fast or be killed. Even saboteur ot totem build you will get killed if you don't kill fast enough. Or then don't do bosses to survive.
Last edited by Kastmar on Jul 13, 2018, 3:32:27 PM
"
NemoJr wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
What lvl of monsters are you really playing against? like 79-82? A t15 map is a lvl82 map right? So when ur char is lvl79-82 its gonna be showing you your actual accuracy against those monsters, presuming no buffs or debuffs are in play. If your displayed chance to hit keeps going down as you level beyond that you can pretty much ignore it tbh.

Correct me if I'm wrong (please do), but the "Chance to hit" estimate should cap out at 86 levels (i.e. it won't change once you level past that) since that's the highest level a monster can practically be. It was either that, or it was a planned feature. Not sure which...

ya if its still going down after that you got to wonder why as theres no monsters that actually exist that high. Would it even go to 86? a t15 is 82, guardian maps are 83, doesnt that make shaper 84? Is there anything higher than that? I dont think there is right? yoiu get 86 loot cause an elite will give a +2 on the ilvl of items but that elite isnt a lvl86 monster, its still a lvl84 with the evasion of an 84.

"
Kastmar wrote:
Also I would like to mention, that you can miss 2x in row in thousands maps is quite often scenario. Or quite high probability.

can you miss twice in a row against a target? Acc is played off against evasion, chance to hit is an evasion roll and evasion is an entropic system that prevents random streaks right?

I dont feel like I can die to a boss by missing a shot on any character I play, I dont feel like Im ever in a kill or be killed situation. Theres telegraphed 1 shots that you avoid or die regardless and then its just facetanking. I feel like I could cut my damage in half, I could 1/4 it, the fights would just take longer, I dont think theres any map boss I would rly be any more afraid of if the fight took twice as long. Hitting 18 shots out of 20 or hitting 19 out of 20? To me that doesnt make any difference at all really.

Builds hit so many times per second, unless its something like 2h earthquake I dont even notice missing with anything because the hits are dished out so rapidly, almost everything is a machine gun spray of attacks.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
Would it even go to 86? a t15 is 82, guardian maps are 83, doesnt that make shaper 84? Is there anything higher than that? I dont think there is right? yoiu get 86 loot cause an elite will give a +2 on the ilvl of items but that elite isnt a lvl86 monster, its still a lvl84 with the evasion of an 84.

I intuitively thought the ilvl of the drop was the same as the mlvl of the mob that dropped it, and magic and rare mobs simply had +1 / +2 to their mlvl. Going by the wiki, your version seems to be correct, which would make the highest practical mlvl 84, yes. I still have my doubts about how that works, however.

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
Hitting 18 shots out of 20 or hitting 19 out of 20? To me that doesnt make any difference at all really.

This is pretty much how I feel, especially in regards to boss fights. I just wanted a bit of reliability because I hate missing shots. But I'm not willing to break my build for an extra ~5% chance to hit; like I said I'll leave that to Deadeyes.

2500 (maybe a bit more) total accuracy seems like a happy middle ground.
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
I thought the same thing about the monster lvl and ilvl, I think viper or one of the other hot mechanic brains set me straight in a thread a few years ago when we were on the topic. I think all monsters at a given lvl have exactly the same evasion rating and hence the same chance to hit them unless they specifically have a buff or debuff effecting them like an aura, a special rare mod, a curse etc, this goes for trash and elites, and that elites are still the level of the zone and not a +1/+2 the way their drops are. Thats the 2 things I learned from that thread.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
I think all monsters at a given lvl have exactly the same evasion rating and hence the same chance to hit them unless they specifically have a buff or debuff effecting them

I wish we could know these things for sure. The opacity of some game mechanics in such a complex game annoys me greatly.

Thanks for the info.

I think its pretty much certain that all monsters of a given level regardless of being trash or elites have the exact same evasion rating. Viper or whoever it was I was speaking to quoted patch notes regarding the changes made to evasion early in the game where they changed them to a blanket evasion rating per level for all monsters and gave evasion an entropy counter to force it into guaranteed patterns of hit and miss in order to make it a more reliable mechanic by removing the rng rolls for each hit.

Ur aware of evasions entropy system? How that works regarding the forced patterns of hit chance and misses? Im presuming u are but if not its worth looking up just to be aware of.

Theres an 'of evasion' mod that can spawn on elites, bit like powerful crits etc which increases their evasion, thats the only monsters Im aware of who will have a different chance to hit than all the other monsters in the same zone unless theyre cursed or being effected by grace aura somehow.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
I think its pretty much certain that all monsters of a given level regardless of being trash or elites have the exact same evasion rating. Viper or whoever it was I was speaking to quoted patch notes regarding the changes made to evasion early in the game where they changed them to a blanket evasion rating per level for all monsters and gave evasion an entropy counter to force it into guaranteed patterns of hit and miss in order to make it a more reliable mechanic by removing the rng rolls for each hit.

Ur aware of evasions entropy system? How that works regarding the forced patterns of hit chance and misses? Im presuming u are but if not its worth looking up just to be aware of.

Theres an 'of evasion' mod that can spawn on elites, bit like powerful crits etc which increases their evasion, thats the only monsters Im aware of who will have a different chance to hit than all the other monsters in the same zone unless theyre cursed or being effected by grace aura somehow.

Yeah, I'm aware of the entropy system and miscellaneous stuff like accurate/evasive monster affixes and whatnot.

The thing is, while I like to 'do my homework' before diving into a 'deep' game, one thing I can't practically do is going through years and years of patch notes. So I find these kinds of references to old patch notes really helpful for filling in the blanks. It's also the reason I wish this sort of information were available in-game, rather than gathering dust somewhere in the archived patch notes.

Welp, can't have everything.

i think 92% is a healthy number to aim, personally i feel like get the 93-95 is to hard unless u use the deadeye ascendancy
90%.

anything less then that and builds start to feel like shit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info