Kay's Summoner Memorial Page | New Guide is linked inside!

I swapped out of necro aegis for few maps to check out, my survability goes up but... my spectres die on EVERY legion encounter now, that was not a case with necro aegis.

And this was T16/15 maps without any extra dmg or crit strikes, with those you will probably be left only with skellies, or opt out of some other nodes to grab lots of minion life ones.
"
ashanae wrote:
"
CoolColJ wrote:
if you go hybrid you should take mistress of sacrifice and go CWDT+ unearth+GMP+ spirit offering

worked really well in the SSF HC flashback

I loose my CWDT Steelskin then, i'm already short on links

Spirit offering is better, no cooldown
I got no free links for 4 link CWDT, summoner life.

Anyway, trying another build for now i guess.
Could it just be that legion mobs are a bit overtuned in terms of the damage they deal? Just seen many other builds say that they feel squishy or get randomly one shot without rippy mods.

Wish I knew how to theorycraft as I'm really bad at PoE myself :(
"
b3nque wrote:
Could it just be that legion mobs are a bit overtuned in terms of the damage they deal? Just seen many other builds say that they feel squishy or get randomly one shot without rippy mods.

Wish I knew how to theorycraft as I'm really bad at PoE myself :(

Yeah , most likely, just look at streamers who plays HC, even with full defensive layers and flask they got one shotted.

I got 0 problems on bosses, guardians, shaper, elder, no problems in incursions even on T16 with 70% monster life( no ue yet because my map drops s...s) only problem for me is Legion.
Last edited by ashanae on Jun 17, 2019, 2:33:11 AM
What can I do to improve my damage? I started off using AngryRoleplayer's Spectre guide but it seems much more involved here.

I'm a pretty new PoE player (started in Betrayal and quit early in Synth), so I'm still not super familiar with many of the mechanics in PoE. I played Ice Golems before, and it was relatively simple to improve (get as many +gem levels as possible), but I'm not sure how to really pump up those Spectre numbers.

With the exception of Uber Lab and leveling up some of my really low level gems, would any of you better players mind telling me what I should be focusing on next to improve my character?
Last edited by MasterLuminosity on Jun 17, 2019, 5:40:04 AM
"
What can I do to improve my damage? I started off using AngryRoleplayer's Spectre guide but it seems much more involved here.

I'm a pretty new PoE player (started in Betrayal and quit early in Synth), so I'm still not super familiar with many of the mechanics in PoE. I played Ice Golems before, and it was relatively simple to improve (get as many +gem levels as possible), but I'm not sure how to really pump up those Spectre numbers.

With the exception of Uber Lab and leveling up some of my really low level gems, would any of you better players mind telling me what I should be focusing on next to improve my character?

Your spectre number has the usual maximum. One could get up to 6 spectres but that involves cutting away 60% of your life which isn't really an option when playing a life build.

The rest... yeah... "new player", 6l and end game gear finished.

Improvements:

Don't troll.
Your abyss jewels could be improved, however, jewels aren't game changers.
In regards to AG, wouldn't gloves with the Curse Enemies with a curse on hit be worth it?

Southbounds are already barely used and you can have 2 other curses if you so choose.
"

I didn't say I was a complete beginner, but you can see my progress. I reached Shaper first league, did fuck all in Synth and then spent a bunch of time trading in Legion. Doesn't take a pro player to spam Dapper Prodigy + Pristine Fossils lul. Chest only took like 200 fusings (Praise RNGesus), I wasn't trying to troll, just trying to explain my lack of knowledge on how damage scaling works in PoE.

Like when I played Ice Golems, my Ice Golems were doing so much less, then I learned how important gem level was for them and I had a goal to work towards, but my spectre PoB doesn't seem too impressive and there's not much of an obvious goal like a lvl 4 Empower. The PoBs linked here have spectres doing like 750k dps per and I'm only doing 230k, I figured it was either because I'm missing something for damage or because I fucked something up in PoB. I do think my gear is pretty decent, which is part of the problem because there's nothing obvious to replace and I'm a noob so I don't understand why there's such a DPS gap.
Last edited by MasterLuminosity on Jun 17, 2019, 6:40:53 AM
"
"

I didn't say I was a complete beginner, but you can see my progress. I reached Shaper first league, did fuck all in Synth and then spent a bunch of time trading in Legion. Doesn't take a pro player to spam Dapper Prodigy + Pristine Fossils lul. Chest only took like 200 fusings (Praise RNGesus), I wasn't trying to troll, just trying to explain my lack of knowledge on how damage scaling works in PoE.

Like when I played Ice Golems, my Ice Golems were doing so much less, then I learned how important gem level was for them and I had a goal to work towards, but my spectre PoB doesn't seem too impressive and there's not much of an obvious goal like a lvl 4 Empower. The PoBs linked here have spectres doing like 140k per and I'm only doing 65k, I figured it was either because I'm missing something for damage or because I fucked something up in PoB. I do think my gear is pretty decent, which is part of the problem because there's nothing obvious to replace and I'm a noob so I don't understand why there's such a DPS gap.

Biggest thing that matters is the spectre level for spectres, so as long a you summon your SG's on Shaper's Realm you're good to go.

Other than that your gear looks okay, I do think you seem to be a bit all over the place in regards to gear such as you having Rumi's and Anger instead of Haste.

Dump Skeletons, they're useless. Get AG with Leer Cast (15% inc. damage dealt), any chest armor (I personally use Ambu's for end charges for AG and 2% life regen, also very cheap), any boots (Victario's Flight for 10% MS, enchant for 2% of life regen per second is optional), Southbound with curse on hit and Kingmaker to grant you permanent fortify. That also allows you to remove Shield Charge and use Flame Dash instead. Dump Anger, get an Unset Ring and use Haste and Vaal Haste, huge DPS boost and you'll also love the extra MS.

Your wand seems to be half end-game half not end-game, minion damage and as/cs but lacking the trigger mod. Unset rings are a god-send for Necromancers for the extra sockets, could easily get a second one and socket convocation in there as you'll usually be casting it off cooldown and have an auto-cast skill of your choosing in there. I personally enjoy Stone Golem for the extra life regen, but you can slot anything in there realistically.

Your pathing towards the south side of the skill tree is a bit odd and your tree appears to be somewhat terrible tbh. Sacrifice and Spiritual Command are above-average nodes too, they're so meh I personally hate going for that side of the tree as your spectres don't need survivability in the slightest other than a couple % leech and a couple % life regen.

You have a total of two abyssal jewels, which is REALLY low. At level 88, currently have 6 abyssal jewels (8 total sockets for ana knowledge and unending hunger) and still want one more before level 92.

Just my two cents, I'm by no means a spectre master but you seem to be pathing towards the right side of the tree too much and getting a lot of useless nodes when minions seem to benefit a lot more from abyssal jewels.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info