Kay's Summoner Memorial Page | New Guide is linked inside!

anyone had idea which build can fast clearing map like legion (since we got timer limit for killing them all) ? SO or spider and sentinel? im got 50 ex budget thanks!
So I feel like I don't understand this build at all. I swapped everything around to the suggested gem set-up after finishing Act 10. I can clear the trash in maps easily enough and even bosses. But when it comes to huge amount of magic and rare clusters of mobs (ie. Ritual, Expedition, Legion, Harvest, etc.) the build falls apart for me. I feel like I'm missing something. Are there any suggestions for what I can buy to fix the build?
Hi all. Just changed to pure spectres Syn Ops from Minion Army and the difference is amazing. Managed to get the gems and gear together. I'm gonna start re specing my tree and buy cluster jewels. I'm sitting at level 90 and wondered if maybe I'm changing up to early? Should I wait a few more points or just go for the re spec now? Thank you
"
MrXtrm wrote:
So I feel like I don't understand this build at all. I swapped everything around to the suggested gem set-up after finishing Act 10. I can clear the trash in maps easily enough and even bosses. But when it comes to huge amount of magic and rare clusters of mobs (ie. Ritual, Expedition, Legion, Harvest, etc.) the build falls apart for me. I feel like I'm missing something. Are there any suggestions for what I can buy to fix the build?

Kay summed it up in the "upgrade after league starter" pretty well. I'm assuming you have low currency to work with. Get yourself a +1 to all spell skill gems wand(about 5 chaos), Bones of Ullr unique boots or + 1 to all raise spectre boots with resist if you can afford it. buy a weapon and shield from vendor with blue sockets and put it in your secondary weapon slot and fill it with raise spectre. level them to 20 then vaal them till you get a 21 raise spectre gem. Or you can buy one from player(about 25-30c). Now you have 4 spectres, should be able to farm well enough to continue upgrade.

If you are not resist capped gamble with gwennen or rog or buy some resist gear from players. should be pretty cheap.
"

Valientice Made some good suggestions. I also noticed you don't have the Ghastly eye jewels that give you mobs Taunt and Blind, this helps.

Quality on some of your gems can help a bunch too. You can sell a level 20 gem with a Gem cutterss prism to a vendor to get a level 1 20% gem back to relevel.

From my experience, get a wand that has the craft or explicit of "triggers a socketed spell when you use a skill, with a # second cool down and 150% more cost" to me that made mapping a lot easier and less clunky. If you have around 40c you can get one that has both that and the +1 to minion skill gems

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Expedition/6zM3RyjFG

If you can maybe get more flat life on your gear and try and replace the Tabula with a cheap 5 or 6 link with life+resists.

As for game play, when i come upto a pack i drop skeletons on them to tie them up and to get the blind/taunts going. Drop Armageddon Brand on them for the EE debuff. Convocate to drop your zombies and spectres on you for protection and the reposition. Use "Signal Prey" to focus fir+buff. Rinse and repeat. If things get hairy then use vaal summon skeletons. Oh also are you using Greater Multiple Projectiles for mapping? just looked at you PoB and you have Hypo in.

Not an expert player by any means but i've been in your position so know what its like. :)
Last edited by Herbalhaze on Sep 7, 2021, 10:15:48 AM
"
Herbalhaze wrote:
"

Valientice Made some good suggestions. I also noticed you don't have the Ghastly eye jewels that give you mobs Taunt and Blind, this helps.

Quality on some of your gems can help a bunch too. You can sell a level 20 gem with a Gem cutterss prism to a vendor to get a level 1 20% gem back to relevel.

From my experience, get a wand that has the craft or explicit of "triggers a socketed spell when you use a skill, with a # second cool down and 150% more cost" to me that made mapping a lot easier and less clunky. If you have around 40c you can get one that has both that and the +1 to minion skill gems

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Expedition/6zM3RyjFG

If you can maybe get more flat life on your gear and try and replace the Tabula with a cheap 5 or 6 link with life+resists.

As for game play, when i come upto a pack i drop skeletons on them to tie them up and to get the blind/taunts going. Drop Armageddon Brand on them for the EE debuff. Convocate to drop your zombies and spectres on you for protection and the reposition. Use "Signal Prey" to focus fir+buff. Rinse and repeat. If things get hairy then use vaal summon skeletons. Oh also are you using Greater Multiple Projectiles for mapping? just looked at you PoB and you have Hypo in.

Not an expert player by any means but i've been in your position so know what its like. :)

Thanks for the advice, I'll throw some suggestions in. I, luckily, already have 2ex. So I've got chaos to mess around with. I noticed I should probably move from the starter build to the Skeleton build as well.

This is my first league playing a Summoner, I've been playing Enki's Arc for the past... many leagues, and not only that, I still consider myself a fairly inexperienced player. So him deciding to retire the build really threw me off in deciding what to play. So I'm still getting used to the weirdness of minions.
Last edited by MrXtrm on Sep 7, 2021, 3:48:37 PM
I've found the life based skeleton builds a lot squishier this league and judging by the comments a lot of people here find it as well. The CI version is still doing fine while pumping out respectable damage.
Hi, i started with your life build (was a great starter for this league), and then went to LL/ES, but it seems like i can't clear 100% IQQ the formed (shaper's guardian invitation)
Is there any non expensive way to upgrade? i"m farming my way to get a bottled faith, but other than that, what would you recommend me ?

here's my pob :
https://pastebin.com/HjYQYaGV

thanks in advance,
Hi, i have a bit problems in Boss fights like Sirius.
My minions die a bit to fast. They get from a beam sometimes oneshotted...
And im wondering how kay got max block. o.O
I got 24 atk block and 8 spell......
Got the flask + a good shield.
Maybe someone can help me?
the life build is fine, though if you notice the pob, Kay uses a lot of mirror tier gear or still very expensive gear, you can see she can reach 6700 hp in the videos, but if you check the items, they are all perfectly maxrolled

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info