Kay's Summoner Memorial Page | New Guide is linked inside!

"
arikshkol wrote:
I just did it in-game lost about 700 life, gained a lot of damage, everything melts, so i guess it's worth it. I dont think the aegis is hardcore viable unless you dont do so come content or go for es instead of life

We talked really much Today Ingame and now i checked your Char from here and like to remember that Defensewise some more Layers are possible. The Jewel in your Belt could look like

as i suggested and the Chest on your AG could be an Garb of Ephmeral as i suggested.

Another Thing i see is you do not use SkitterBots but maybe in Future you are able to do if can craft the Helmet further i gifted or simply hit one of the Enchants on your current One. Skitterbots add chill to Enemies thats another Layer of Defense for you.

I see more Ways with a bit different use of the Tree. The JewelSlot on the left Side of the Tree between Devotion and Faith of Steel could be used with an Thread of Hope Jewel with an Large Ring and an huge LifeNode could be added this Way (simply look at my Tree to see directly what i mean).

Do not give up improving your Char, each lvl up alone adds also Life and lvl 95 could be a worthy Goal going to!-)

If running out of Ideas how to improve further, just simply lurk other Players Chars. Thats what i did and how i found out how to use all Auras without need to buy an Aul´s Amu. The double Influenced One i use is selfmade on 4th attempt and all i done before i simply sold. Some of em even with an higher Payout in Currency as i used to craft em..

Please look at my Post here as an Suggestion and nothing else even if it may sound a bit rough. English is not my native Language!
Trading DpS with Monsters for Loot will ever best Ratio!-)
Sitting in Town, flipping Items until all Gear is biS,
and get fastly bored from running Maps instead of grinding Upgrades is no Resolution!
"
ShmooDude wrote:
"
kayella wrote:
Knights have the best balance.
I'm not sure I agree with RK > RS for clearing with spiders

My setup differences:

2) Awakened GMP over LMP.
Since Spiders will converge on a single beefier target after the trash is dead, it's less necessary to keep Spectre single target high in most situations.

3) Minion Movement speed
With Redemption Sentries many of the enemies are 1 hp before I (or my spiders) even get there so the faster the spiders can get there to finish them off the better.
I also use 2x22% ring enchants so my spiders sit at 262% movement speed during Vaal Haste.

I'm just testing new ideas for 3.11 and I remember this post. I wanted to try some of your ideas with only a small change to the basic S&S build.

1. I used fear essence to craft two rings (28% and 27% ms).It gives a nice speed boost for spiders = 55% ms. Easier to use bench craft, though.

2. I changed the link for spiders. The DPS is less in POB, but they get 56% ms and 35% ias. I don't notice much difference in game. But the spiders move so quickly now. Most of the time they offscreen clear!

3. I also like to swap gems (or swap spectres) for doing endgame bosses. So I focused RS to be 'helpers' for the spiders. I changed RS links. The big thing is Ele Prolif. Now the spectres will reduce monsters to 1hp and also freeze lock them.

So now, the RS will shoot a lot of projectiles everywhere and hit many monsters (A-GMP + Pierce). If one of the RS gets 1 crit, the freeze will spread to the whole pack (Ele Prolif). They will always have 3 power charges (poison + vic's charity), so the crit chance is good. Also if they don't crit, there is extra chance to freeze and spread (Ele Prolif). RS damage is good and they can freeze lock bosses!

I think 1. and 2. works better than Vaal Haste + Generosity because the spiders will always have 100%+ ms! They completely run off the screen and kill stuff.

It also works with Frost Sentinels, but I used different gems because ice spear can pierce when it travels a distance. Ice spear spell effect is big and blocks view though. Also the base damage is low, so I didn't see freeze locking on bosses.

--

I also tested EVF with minion speed rings:

And minion speed support:

The mapping clear speed was not bad. Similar to RK, I think.

So the minion speed craft is a big improvement for the build! It helps melee spectres and spiders. I'll add it to the build guide.

🔰🌀✨ Video guides on youtube! https://www.youtube.com/KayGaming ✨🌀🔰
🔶🔷🔶 Kay's Summoner build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3179145 🔶🔷🔶
Last edited by kayella on May 31, 2020, 4:43:15 AM
THIS IS EXCELLENT INFO KAY!!!

Thank you for the build, I'm having a ton of fun with this build and tinkering with it to make it better.

Totally agree with the minion speed - I put it as a craft on my rings since I was res capped and I found it to be a huge help. Swapping out minion damage for speed for spiders makes a ton of sense after your RS are powerful. I think I'll keep minion damage when I'm just starting to map but transition to speed over time.

The only issue I'm having with this build is getting frozen/stun-locked for multiple seconds and dying on high delirium maps. I absolutely need to change the flasks around to get immunity to freeze. Not sure what I'm going to give up, maybe the evasion flask.
Last edited by DubyaC on May 31, 2020, 12:13:22 PM
Loving the build. Currently level 93 in HCD but I'm just getting to T14s and T15s and it's getting a little rough. What would you recommend? Should I convert over to cluster jewels? The availability of items seems kind of limited in HC, so I've been making due with what I can find and afford.

I've almost unlocked the Trigger craft so I can use this wand when I do.

Thanx for any feedback!
When I try EVF I feel dps on bosses, yeah. And with spiders mapping is not bad.
"
DubyaC wrote:
Totally agree with the minion speed - I put it as a craft on my rings since I was res capped and I found it to be a huge help. Swapping out minion damage for speed for spiders makes a ton of sense after your RS are powerful. I think I'll keep minion damage when I'm just starting to map but transition to speed over time.

The only issue I'm having with this build is getting frozen/stun-locked for multiple seconds and dying on high delirium maps. I absolutely need to change the flasks around to get immunity to freeze. Not sure what I'm going to give up, maybe the evasion flask.

I'm testing a 3.11 S&S build idea (no clusters, 4 spectres, jinxed juju). My new necro is level 86 and T16 mapping is really fast and easy with Spiders + Minion Speed. T16 bosses take a little time to kill though. I don't think you need Minion Damage actually.

You can inspect the character: Kayellea

I don't recommend making the body armour. It's much cheaper to reroll the map.

For your boots, craft cannot be frozen.

🔶🔷🔶 Kay's Summoner build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3179145 🔶🔷🔶
Last edited by kayella on Jun 1, 2020, 2:02:04 AM
"
The_Sin wrote:
What would you recommend? Should I convert over to cluster jewels? The availability of items seems kind of limited in HC, so I've been making due with what I can find and afford.

Single cluster is more like a side-grade. You won't feel a big difference.

If you use double cluster, you need the full version. Really important is the small jewels with life because pathing on tree wastes points.

If the economy is weak in HC, might be better to just stay no cluster.

For recommend:

You can change spectre to Redemption Sentry. They do cold damage, so they will chill/freeze monsters. That will help a lot in HC. Also use Assassin's Mark for mapping to give RS power charges (more freezing).

The play style is different to slave driver so you should play with them in low tier maps to understand them. But you can't use your nice wand if you change to RS (cold damage) :(

If you want more safety, change Feeding Frenzy -> Meatshield.

"
alexashko wrote:
When I try EVF I feel dps on bosses, yeah. And with spiders mapping is not bad.

Try to craft minion speed on your rings. It will make spider clearing faster and also EVF will be better.

I die so many times... Can someone look at my Char Asra_Delirium and told me what i do wrong? I Play with RS. My AG is dead, so i Play with Raise Zombi and Stone Golem. In my Shield i change to cwtd, Bone Offering and Immortal Call.
How many hp you have? I stop dying a lot about 6k hp, 5.5k is low zone.
about 50% phys mit, some evade from blind and flask and little block.
With 5k hp I take one-shot from anything this league.

I craft minion speed on 1 ring and amulet, not high grade and I think it ok. Blight, legion doing norm.
I think about second weapon to boss fight with minion damage and smth else.
Last edited by alexashko on Jun 1, 2020, 12:37:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info