Poets Pen Hiero with permanent Immortal Call (UBER ELDER deathless) + MF Variant

"
lotusmonk wrote:
Can someone help me understand the purpose of Molten Shell in the gem setup? I'm not super familiar with it. Is it for the explosions? Armor is irrelevant with perma IC, right?

MS used to spread enfeeble on enemies caught in explosion. Its kinda ur ass saver, when damage ramps, it procs, curses enemies, damage becomes a bit lower, giving you a window of opportunity to heal and kill ^ ^
Love it <3
"

MS used to spread enfeeble on enemies caught in explosion.

There's no Curse on Hit on Molten Shell. Enfeeble is applied through CwDT
Last edited by lotusmonk on Oct 18, 2018, 9:58:14 PM
Dont Know what i am doing wrong but I have pretty much the same build without the WM ring and 1+ VD Indigon, lvl 95 5k HP 7+K Mana and still cannot kill uber elder, shaper gets me in that fight every time. The Shaper alone fight is an easy fight, but with Uber Elder his shots are killing me. This is my Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/z3KaX7e8
I just got my first ever Uber Elder kill with this build at level 88 and 19/0 gems (I got impatient :P). I dropped the Molten Shell/Enfeeble setup and ran Kaom's roots instead. It wasn't particularly clean (finished with 3 portals left), but that was largely because I got greedy and didn't give the ball spam from Shaper the respect it deserves. I am sure that I could do it deathless next time by being a bit more careful with the balls.

Build is an absolute blast to play, and the weapon swap to Arc/Lightning Warp feels amazing to map with. I would very highly recommend giving it a try.

To the people saying that they are dying - IC makes you immune to physical damage, and even with Divination Distillate you are still very vulnerable to elemental damage and chaos damage. You won't be able to face tank non-physical bursts like Shaper orbs in the Uber Elder fight. Even with 50% MoM your effective HP will at times still be very low since your mana will drop at times while you are ramping. If you get hit during one of those dips in mana, before the mana regen catches up, you still only have 5k or so life.

The key to doing Uber Elder cleanly to me seems to be to be very respectful of Shaper's ball spam. All my 3 deaths were to that. I would suggest playing safe and focusing on dodging while he uses the balls - there is plenty of time to DPS during his slams and beam. I put in a Flame Dash - Faster Casting in the same setup as Blood Rage and Clarity, and was dodging with that and a QS flask when the ball spam started. I think if I were to do it again I would weapon swap to the Arc + Lightning Warp setup during the ball spam to keep the ramp going more easily and kill the octopus adds at the same time.

Link to my setup at the time of Uber Elder kill: https://pastebin.com/k4zjgM5u

There is a ton of improvements still to be made to the gear, but it was definitely enough for Uber Elder.
Last edited by Micatra on Oct 25, 2018, 9:36:23 PM
Thanks for the build.
This is exactly the kind of build i was looking for since i usually play only 1-2 builds per league, so having this build as jack of all trades is really useful.

Now about the links in the build, does that 4L cwdt+ml+ll+firestorm do anything for us ? Even when im ramped up and i check my firestorm dmg, its below 1k so it seems this setup basically does nothing for us. Suggestions from anyone for a replacement setup on the 4l ?
If anyone is interested this build still rocks. loged in on my old char on standard and facerolled everthing. I think its even more powerfull than it was in precious leagues<but thing is it will be very expensive on league.
I priced my gear on betrayal it will cost around 50 exalts(minimum)(my current gear is more than 120ex). But be sure it will faceroll all content
Last edited by luciferus on Dec 26, 2018, 7:06:53 AM
Hello,
I am currently playing betrayal soft core. I am playing Mathils inquisitor arc/teleport/ball of lightning build.
The clear speed is the fastest I’ve ever seen or played. The single target damage even with Vaal riotous fire and Vaal storm call is not great.

Is this build still viable in betrayal even though indign got nerfed?
It looks like this build has strong single target and good clear speed?

Sincerely,
my post above already answered your question. I think this build is still best in game but also very expensive. Poet pen price is insane in betrayeal. i dont think u can get 4 corrupted ones with ele penetration
Thank you, I guess a better phrased question is the build viable even if you don’t have the currupted poets pens or all the best gear. I’m not referring to a budget build but also not something you can do on standard where you may have 250 exalts to work with.

Thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info