Shaders cache is outdated or disabled after 3.3.1 patch

fps drops when new visual effects appear on screen for the first time in an instance. challenger trophies cause stuttering in hideout when you first walk up to them. popping a flask with a visual effect for the first time in an instance causes a frame time spike. encountering a pack of monsters causes the game to stutter. fighting an architect in an incursion turns the game into a slideshow.

the temples and incursions have been rough on fps since the league launched, but it got much worse with 3.3.1 even though it was supposed to introduce fixes.
"
fps drops when new visual effects appear on screen for the first time in an instance. challenger trophies cause stuttering in hideout when you first walk up to them. popping a flask with a visual effect for the first time in an instance causes a frame time spike. encountering a pack of monsters causes the game to stutter. fighting an architect in an incursion turns the game into a slideshow.

the temples and incursions have been rough on fps since the league launched, but it got much worse with 3.3.1 even though it was supposed to introduce fixes.

Exactly. This reminds me about old 2.5 lags.. even with cached shaders i'm still getting all this problems with "first time loading" effects. Nothing of this happens before 3.3.1 patch. Sadly, still no response from GGG.

Maybe new changes in the engine forces recalculation of lightmaps or something similar? Burials chambers map (boss room) has lighting sources popping up then you are walk in the room, challenger trophies has lighting, some visuals too..
I guess we are beating a dead horse, but whatever I will bump for that slim hope of "fix" (that shouldn't be needed if they didn't broke what was working fine).
bump
same problem.
as far as i understood it, is, the game comes with some precompiled shaders and the missing ones are generated by the client the first time it needs them. which also gets them stored on your local drive.

so if you install the game for the first time, new areas may be loaded and generated an bit slower. this effect should vanish the second time you enter that area.

if a patch changes textures, the related shaders need to be regenerated. this should also be a one time effect. if the effect persists there is likely something wrong with the client being able to access the shaders cache folder.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Aug 3, 2018, 8:22:22 AM
An option to pre-compile all available shaders would be great 😀
bump
"
bSun0000 wrote:
After 3.3.1 engine starts to compile every single effects "on-call"
+1, very annoying fps drops due to that.
now at 3.6.4 we have both god damn long loading and stuttering compile shader on the fly. seriously we need an option to use precompile shader or.. they didnt use that anymore, and fucking thing is they put map cache on my game but but shader cache in the game folder and yeah even i use those caching apps to help but the game still refuse to seek the cache from memory, instead they always looking on the disk that where they stored. fuck off prefetch, fuck off superfetch.

only solution is u need to paid 100 bucks to get an ssd which is not cheap in 3rd world country.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info